Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
This is way too cynical for my taste. Pharmaceutical corporations make money the same as other corporations: by producing products that work. The various drugs are prescribed by physicians; are they doctors that profit from long-term disease?

If and when you are admitted to a hospital you have the right to refuse medications and choose a long, slow, painful death. Your choice...
In my view, doctors these days are little more than technicians or car mechanics, trying to guess why the engine or our internal organs are malfunctioning.
If you read the history of Rockefeller's entry into pharmaceuticals, you'd see how he funded and manipulated the medical schools to destroy natural plant based medicines and ensure they taught and prescribed his own oil refinery based drugs. His stated intention was to farm the human body for profit.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In my view, doctors these days are little more than technicians or car mechanics, trying to guess why the engine or our internal organs are malfunctioning.
If you read the history of Rockefeller's entry into pharmaceuticals, you'd see how he funded and manipulated the medical schools to destroy natural plant based medicines and ensure they taught and prescribed his own oil refinery based drugs. His stated intention was to farm the human body for profit.

So doctors who have spent years in undergraduate and graduate studies, then serve rigorous internships, "are little more than technicians or car mechanics"?

And then you change the subject to "the history of Rockefeller's entry into pharmaceuticals"? Really? Bye!

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revealed Tuesday that people who aren’t vaccinated against COVID-19 are 29.2 times as likely to be hospitalized because of the virus as fully vaccinated people.

Facts speak clearly; opinions don't.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I'm not sure you know how businesses work. They make money by selling a product that is either better or cheaper than that of a rival. Preferably both.

Having created and run several successful businesses, I can assure you I am quite familiar with how they work. I also know how corrupt many are.
And from a real world perspective, your point is a little naive.

If you were a patient (or your doctor), which drug would you want? One that cures you quickly or one that requires a lifetime of drug dependency? The first one? Correct!
Of course that's what the patient wants, but that isn't necessarily what he receives. And doctors have to take what's written on the packet, which as countless law suits have proven, is often grossly dishonest.
Now if you were the ceo of a drug company and you wanted to sell more drugs than your competitor, do you make the drugs people prefer to buy (that cure you quickly) or the ones that your competitor makes (that require a lifetime of dependancy)? The first option? Correct!
I suggest you consider what the CEO of Glaxo admitted in public about their drugs!
Glaxo chief: "Our drugs do not work on most patients" - Alliance for Human Research Protection

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
A new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revealed Tuesday that people who aren’t vaccinated against COVID-19 are 29.2 times as likely to be hospitalized because of the virus as fully vaccinated people.

Facts speak clearly; opinions don't.
I wouldn't for one microsecond believe anything the CDC says, or the equivalents in the UK!
They are all in bed with the Pharmaceutical corporations.

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fentanyl is deadly, killing tens of thousand of drug users each year. Why would drug cartels and dealers want to kill their customers...unless the purpose of fentanyl is to kill their customers. Curious that. :scratch:

A druggie told us that he loved fentanyl as the best drug and as it got stronger the better it was. He was willing to die to get to the edge and come back. The dealers don't care, they are just serving the cry for more.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A druggie told us that he loved fentanyl as the best drug and as it got stronger the better it was. He was willing to die to get to the edge and come back. The dealers don't care, they are just serving the cry for more.

How much contact with "druggies" and/or dealers do you have? Why should anyone believe this story?

Fentanyl is a very valuable medicine used to treat extreme pain. Anything can be misused, including alcohol. The misuse lies entirely with the person not the substance.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The misuse lies entirely with the person not the substance.

It is the consequences to the rest of us that is the problem.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of course that's what the patient wants, but that isn't necessarily what he receives.

So doctors don't select the drugs that work the best. And there's no incentive for a company to make a drug that's better than one of their competitors (i.e. improves the health of the patient). And all the pharmaceutical companies work together to ensure that no one company had an advantage over the other.

Mmm. I guess you could be right.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is a video on Chinese news with one story about the Fentanyl smuggling.

So the authority on Fentanyl smuggling is found on YouTube? Did you miss the video about strange cats that arrive by flying saucer but won't drink milk from a saucer?

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the authority on Fentanyl smuggling is found on YouTube?

Just because you disapprove of a story doesn't make it a lie. You are not always correct. Thereby, I'm not implying that I am always correct. Have a peace filled day.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just because you disapprove of a story doesn't make it a lie. You are not always correct. Thereby, I'm not implying that I am always correct. Have a peace filled day.

That's twisting what I wrote. The information on YouTube is not reliable in terms of reporting the news. Anybody can post anything they want as long as it remains within the realm of decency.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
So doctors don't select the drugs that work the best.
Like any other tradesman, doctors are renowned for prescribing drugs that give them good personal commissions from the drug companies.
The internet is flooded with articles of which the following are examples from the first google page.-
Do doctors get paid by drug companies?
Doctors Getting Paid to Prescribe Medication
https://health.usnews.com/health-ca...-doctors-influence-which-drugs-they-prescribe
Drug companies accused of spending millions on conference trips for doctors
Scandal of GP's cash from healthcare firms for referrals
And there's no incentive for a company to make a drug that's better than one of their competitors (i.e. improves the health of the patient).
There are massive incentives to make drugs that bring huge profits, whether better or worse than the competition.
And all the pharmaceutical companies work together to ensure that no one company had an advantage over the other.
Don't know where you dug that up from as its not something I recall saying.
Mmm. I guess you could be right.
Why thank you sir.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums