Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Some years ago, I had a dream. In it, I was Lazarus, coming out of the tomb. I had cloths wrapped around me, covering me completely except for my eyes. I heard Lord Jesus say that the cloths had to come off. I was horrified. I knew that I'd been in the grave for 3 days and my skin was decomposing.

Someone started to remove the cloths. I was afraid of what I would look like, but as the light fell on my skin, it became like a new born baby's skin. Then I woke up.

Many Christians are so focused on sin that they miss the real problem. We are dead. The spirit within is the real "me", but it died to God when Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Everyone born of woman, apart from Jesus, is dead also. This is the reason that universal reconciliation is false. Even if every sin of every man was forgiven (as it can be potentially), it does not resolve the problem of death. God is the God of the living, not the dead.

We are made alive to God when we are born again. It is then that Lord Jesus calls us out of the "tomb". It is then that the process of being delivered begins. It is then that we need the light to shine on us and heal the soul.

The church should be like those who helped the risen Lazarus. Who is not like him, wrapped in habits and sinful ways? The church should be graciously helping the new believer to be free. Many are afraid of being exposed. Yet it is the light of God's word that heals and delivers. We need to keep in mind that all who are born again are precious to God. Those who are harsh and judgemental are at risk of being overwhelmed by temptation themselves.

The real gospel message is in Luke 4:18. If all we do is focus on "thou shalt not", we are no better than the Pharisees. Jesus came that we might have life. (John 10:10). We should never lose sight of that

• Agree
Reactions: NBB

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some years ago, I had a dream. In it, I was Lazarus, coming out of the tomb. I had cloths wrapped around me, covering me completely except for my eyes. I heard Lord Jesus say that the cloths had to come off. I was horrified. I knew that I'd been in the grave for 3 days and my skin was decomposing.

Someone started to remove the cloths. I was afraid of what I would look like, but as the light fell on my skin, it became like a new born baby's skin. Then I woke up.

Many Christians are so focused on sin that they miss the real problem. We are dead. The spirit within is the real "me", but it died to God when Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Everyone born of woman, apart from Jesus, is dead also. This is the reason that universal reconciliation is false. Even if every sin of every man was forgiven (as it can be potentially), it does not resolve the problem of death. God is the God of the living, not the dead.

We are made alive to God when we are born again. It is then that Lord Jesus calls us out of the "tomb". It is then that the process of being delivered begins. It is then that we need the light to shine on us and heal the soul.

The church should be like those who helped the risen Lazarus. Who is not like him, wrapped in habits and sinful ways? The church should be graciously helping the new believer to be free. Many are afraid of being exposed. Yet it is the light of God's word that heals and delivers. We need to keep in mind that all who are born again are precious to God. Those who are harsh and judgemental are at risk of being overwhelmed by temptation themselves.

The real gospel message is in Luke 4:18. If all we do is focus on "thou shalt not", we are no better than the Pharisees. Jesus came that we might have life. (John 10:10). We should never lose sight of that

You can't get rid of sin really without his grace anyway, but 'if you love me keep my commandments' we can't have communion with the Holy spirit and swim in sin at the same time.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You missed the point of what I was saying. Those who are born again hate sin. They may not know how to get free. That's where the church should be helping, not sitting in judgement. "Just stop it" is not helping.

Upvote 0