listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are to walk like Abraham, which is by faith. I already spoke concerning this in my first response, but you would not listen. Walking by faith is only by hoping and believing things that are not yet realized but promised. This is the law of faith Paul spoke of. As strangers and sojourners in this world and this life. Israel already attained under Moses and Joshua the first covenant promised land.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't know... I guess those who convened for the Jerusalem Council thought it to be wise. So did Paul... who said "all scripture is given by the inspiration of God and can be used for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness." That was NOT the NT being referred to... there WAS NO NT when Paul wrote that.
Interesting your quoting a New Testament verse about scripture that I believe Paul
wrote to tell us how the Apostles said we should be studying only the Old Testament.

Quoting the New Testament pretty much invalidates that it is not referring to the entire 66 book canon.

You do realize 1 Timothy is part of the New Testament

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No pro gracer here promotes immoral activity that I've read. If you care to check this is only promoted by the law contingency.
Amen! We are constantly put in a defensive position to disprove accusations. It is tiring.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen! We are constantly put in a defensive position to disprove accusations. It is tiring.

I am more and more convinced that the knee-jerk reaction us in the “faith plus nothing” group people have to endure says more about the accusers than those who follow Paul.
How are to live? “The RIGHTEOUS shall LIVE.....one more time ......LIVE by faith!!!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good point for more discussion. Yeshua tells us that HE came to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, but if that were the whole story, no Gentile would be saved today.
Well, not really.
Yahweh knew what Yeshua was saying,
because Yahweh told Him to say this.
True, most gentiles are not saved today....
but also True, Yeshua came to the lost sheep of the House of Israel.... some gentiles ("few"as Jesus says) are saved.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So many times in these threads I see the claim that the prophecy in Jeremiah 31, that the law that will be written on our hearts, is the OLD Covenant Law of Moses. However, according to the Scriptures, what is written on our hearts is YESHUA'S NEW Covenant, not the Old.
Yahweh Knows what He said, and Yahweh Knows what He Writes.
Few people ever do.
"Few ever find the narrow road to life (Jesus) "

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
OH, I though we were supposed to walk like Jesus walked, which was also by faith. By the way, Genesis 26:5 says Abraham kept the law and commandments... so perhaps our modern definition of faith (which we treat like belief but is really hear God and do what He says) needs adjusting. In any event... be well...
This is what I was referencing.....
Ro 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
Jesus as well had works of faith which works were given no other to do (who else was asked to sacrifice his son but Abraham?) Blessings Ken.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Yes listed!!!! :) Along with that goes this IMO.
17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Interesting... seeing Jer. 31:31-34 doesn't mention anyone but Judah and Israel. There are no "gentiles" even mentioned in terms of who the covenant is made with.
But the goal is to fulfill the promises made to our father Abraham. Which Levitical law could never accomplish.
De 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.
Concerning the promised land????

Promises not fulfilled by law from Moses...

De 9:4 Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
De 9:5 Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
So yes the new covenant is for all the seed of promise. You must be born again........

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting... seeing Jer. 31:31-34 doesn't mention anyone but Judah and Israel. There are no "gentiles" even mentioned in terms of who the covenant is made with.

True - because as we see in Romans 2 and Romans 9 it is the "children of the promise" that are accounted as descendants and inherit the promises.

thus the LAW of God written on the heart for those who are born again - having the New Heart of the New Covenant -- with the LAW of God written on the tablets of the human heart.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, that is a misunderstanding of what Paul was saying. And besides... unless you are saying that there are no commandments we are to follow (i.e. homosexuality is no permitted, stealing, profaning God's name, etc.) then you really don't have a point. Because, unless you are suggesting we can be lawless (not obey God) then what you are saying is that we are still to obey God but we all know we fall short from time to time if for no other reason, than out of our fallen nature. That is why we need to be perfected... and until then, we do the best we can as guided by the Spirit through His Word.

We wouldn't have this issue if this had been explained, consistently, as it had been back in the first century. Even the Acts 15 letter does NOT tell us all that is expected of a gentile. Those 4 commandments do not include serving only YHWH, not stealing, not honoring parents, etc. So are the 4 "it" or is there more? Wasn't that just a "starting point" which is why the next verse says that Moses (i.e. Torah) is read in the synagogues every Shabbat? Start with these 4 and then go be discipled? "All Scripture (the Torah, Prophets, and Writings at THAT TIME) are inspired by God and can be used to teach, correct and instruct in righteous living." (paraphrased) THAT is what is expected. Instead... Christianity tried to distance itself from it's Jewish roots... and God's instructions in the process. Return to them and this isn't an issue but we argue over it NOW because only NOW are we opening back up to things we once thought aren't even for us.

To reverse the curse of sin and death. The life of perfection for the lives of imperfection.
It's impossible for Abraham to have kept the law issued at Mt Sinai because it came 430 years after him (Galatians 3:17). Besides that Moses says it wasn't given to him in Deuteronomy 5:3.
The law itself teaches this.
Deut. 5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.
2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

• Agree
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0