Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're the one who came in this thread and treated consensual casual sex as something that can be as traumatic as having been raped or sexual exploited, just because a person experiences regret afterwords.

We don't always know what is what in the world because we don't know everything & everybody & every possibility which also means we make mistakes & those mistakes have consequences about how we see things & how we treat others & how we dismiss certain possibilities of traumatic complications.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We don't always know what is what in the world because we don't know everything & everybody & every possibility which also means we make mistakes & those mistakes have consequences about how we see things & how we treat others & how we dismiss certain possibilities of traumatic complications.

Very true.....

The 2 women I had casual sex with @25.... just a month before I met & dated for 6 mos. the 30 y.o. virgin....
.... and just 5 years before I met my future wife.....
If I'd known I would've met either, maybe wouldn't have have that sex (out of desperation).
Believe me, it wasn't something was proud of....:o

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know it´s just an expression - but it´s a very interesting and telling expression. :)

"She gave her virginity to him..."
"She lost her virginity to him..."

"He lost his virginity to a prostitute..."

Not that big a deal...

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
JoeyArnold said:

She has not dismissed any accusation of rape as merely casual sex.

Learn your manners, Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is it it with you Christians? It isn't enough to let people make up their own minds - you won't be happy unless everyone believes in the same untenable black and white thinking as you do.

You believe in black & white by saying that we have to agree with you on how we go about these matters. If you didn't believe in black & white then you'd be fine with how other people go about these things.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You cannot respect something that you interfere with.

Interfere with? How is sex between two people in love interference?

Marriage is a spiritual lock.

More meaningless assertion.

Is that what you will say to raped women & the trafficking sex industries slave girls, if you ever run into any?

Wrong topic.

Funny how you suddenly pretend to care about those people given how quick you were to call people "harlots" earlier.

Are you incapable of being careful? There are rape victims out there. They are extreme but they still have feelings, so don't make fun of them. Society runs into broken people & they hurt them ever farther & then they laugh at them like you guys are doing now.

No-one here has laughed at rape victims.

The only person here disrespecting them is you dragging them into this discussion for emotive value.

So let's see.

First you called people who disagreed with you harlots and pigs.

Then you accused people who disagreed with you of laughing at rape victims when no-one had.

Not to mention your repeated claims that non-marrieds in a committed relationship aren't committed. Or any number of other things.

Coming from an unmarried virgin, that well-known source of marriage advice.

Are you a virgin because you're a Christian, Joey, or are you a virgin because of your...sparkling personality? I'm sure the belief must be a handy camouflage....

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You believe in black & white by saying that we have to agree with you on how we go about these matters. If you didn't believe in black & white then you'd be fine with how other people go about these things.

Aw, look at that, another term you didn't grasp, and then misapplied.

Nope. I've said....about four times now that if people want to be virgins till marriage then go for it.

The black and white thinking is coming from those saying that only one way is the correct way.

So far, the only ones doing that are those saying sex before marriage is universally wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is that what you will say to raped women & the trafficking sex industries slave girls, if you ever run into any?

Do you understand the concept of consent?

See, sometimes people make decisions that they later realize weren't the best thing they could have done. They usually feel sorta bad about that. Maybe really bad, but most of the time, it's just, "eh, shouldn't've done that." Sometimes it's in between.

And then sometimes, people are sold by their families when they're children and have bodies and objects and guns repeatedly forced into them, causing injury and disease and the destruction of life.

These are two very different things. If you don't understand the difference, try this: next time you are out to dinner, get your second choice meal. Then, have a friend hire 20 guys to beat you senseless and steal everything you own. Then multiply the disappointment of both by, say, 4 or 5, and you might have some idea of what you're talking about.

As for, "if you ever run into any," remember the next time you want to make a flippant comment about rape that there is probably not an adult woman in America who doesn't know a woman who's been raped.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She has not dismissed any accusation of rape as merely casual sex.

You need to learn your manners. When you call me a Christian you are using that term in a derogatory manner. I never said that Passion Fruit directly dismissed any accusation of obvious rape but it was more that she left that door, that possibility, wide open, because she thinks she knows when something is traumatic & when somebody is just being a crybaby. To some extent we can tell the difference between rape & crybabies but we can't always know.

Upvote 0

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Regretting staying a virgin is like regretting staying in school before pursuing a career.

I have very mixed feelings about going to college, bordering on regret. I didn't need it for my career and it put me into enormous debt without providing any assistance in getting a job. I think I would have learned a lot more useful things by spending that time looking for a job and going to school only when I had a clearer idea of what I wanted out of life and when I had deemed it actually important to my career and not just the thing I ought to do because it's the thing one ought to do.

There are pro's and con's to waiting and there are pro's and con's to school. If you've chosen the wrong one for you, sticking with the decision doesn't make it any better.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You need to learn your manners. When you call me a Christian you are using that term in a derogatory manner. I never said that Passion Fruit directly dismissed any accusation of obvious rape but it was more that she left that door, that possibility, wide open, because she thinks she knows when something is traumatic & when somebody is just being a crybaby. To some extent we can tell the difference between rape & crybabies but we can't always know.

No, the only person here who has no clue about the difference between lack of consent and consensual casual sex that wasn't a great idea is you.

The guy who called people who sleep with more than one person "harlots".
The guy who mixed up a social contract with a physical object.

Do I have to list more of your laughable category errors here, or do you maybe want to quit while you're behind?

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's actually nothing like that, but whatever you say.

The regret of Remaining a Virgin is like the Regret of Getting a good education before committing to one career for the rest of your life. Ironically, people remarry more nowadays than ever before & likewise people change their careers more nowadays than ever before.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.