Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We respect such things too much to let someone as obviously inexperienced and demonstrably naive about such things as you (as evidenced by your repeated imposition of simplistic binaries about people's sexual behaviour and blithe dismissal of practical issues that beset married couples) dictate what marriage is and is not, and pontificate on the rightness of other people's sexual relationships.

You cannot respect something that you interfere with.

Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally Posted by groups postings
If a woman gave me her virginity
That´s an interesting wording.
It's just an expression, like this guy used...
how old were you when you lost your virginity and where did you lose it? | Answerbag

My wife and I were both 23 when we exchanged virginity (I gave her mine, and received hers in return) on our wedding night, in a hotel room. Physiologically lousy sex, but an awesome and very significant experience for both of us. Still together more than 35 yrs later - made love yesterday morning.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, Hitler was a nutjob. Most people don't wander around with the urge to kill other people.

We never know who is going to be the next Hitler. If we did know then we would stop horrible people from doing those things. The possibilities of evil is inside each one of us.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think what most in this thread are saying is that it should be up to each individual to choose the path they wish to follow.

Society pressures sex. We don't give each other much of a choice. We kind of talk about it sometimes. We kind of tell people that they can do what they want but then we go off & make sex look so cool & so hot. That is called propaganda. Where's the choice in that? We pressure people into having sex while pretending to say that each person can do what they want. We are basically persuading people to sex.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, but it's an overstatement to say that just because someone regrets engaging in sexual activity, they're going to feel the worst regret imaginable. I'm not saying you won't have regrets, but it's not the worse thing in the world.

Is that what you will say to raped women & the trafficking sex industries slave girls, if you ever run into any?

Upvote 0

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Is that what you will say to raped women & the trafficking sex industries slave girls, if you ever run into any?

What on earth is this nonsense? Are you seriously trying to compare rape and sex slavery with consensual sex? I think you need to spend a few more seconds considering your responses instead of just firing off the first thing that comes into your head.

Also learn to use Multi Quote.

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

Not even close to what I'm talking about. I'm talking about consensual sex, not sexual exploitation or rape.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you incapable of thinking of anything but extremes?

Are you incapable of being careful? There are rape victims out there. They are extreme but they still have feelings, so don't make fun of them. Society runs into broken people & they hurt them ever farther & then they laugh at them like you guys are doing now.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What on earth is this nonsense? Are you seriously trying to compare rape and sex slavery with consensual sex? I think you need to spend a few more seconds considering your responses instead of just firing off the first thing that comes into your head.

Casual sex is not always casual sex.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not even close to what I'm talking about. I'm talking about consensual sex, not sexual exploitation or rape.

The line between casual sex & rape has been blurred. I never said you were talking about that but I am talking about this because it happens all of the time.

Upvote 0
A

AtheistVet

Are you incapable of being careful? There are rape victims out there. They are extreme but they still have feelings, so don't make fun of them. Society runs into broken people & they hurt them ever farther & then they laugh at them like you guys are doing now.

Get this straight. I'm not laughing at them. I'm laughing at you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, but it's an overstatement to say that just because someone regrets engaging in sexual activity, they're going to feel the worst regret imaginable.
I'm not saying you won't have regrets, but it's not the worse thing in the world.
No, but it's still deeply regretful.
Imagine many Christians have regrets, deep regrets about their sexual pasts and not being "so strong." Have read many such postings.

...Like the 40 y.o. woman I posted on,a friend of mine.
She had LOTS of sex outside of marriage but it didn't make her happier.
The way those jerks treated her.......

eNotAlone

To those who waited for the right person, you gave your partner a terrific gift.
For those who are still waiting, I truly respect that you have enough self respect not to just lose it.
I lost mine at 16 to a guy I thought loved me, only to have him ditch me a month later for someone else.
If I could take it back I wish I could and give it to someone who cared.

I am a "born again" (if this is such a term) virgin.
In my 20's I had lots of sex. I wasn't sleeping with every guy, but was more open to sex. I had a few fwb's as well.
After all, I needed sex.
However, I realized that yes the sex was fun but it was sad after awhile.

I often rushed into sex with guys I thought were relationships, only to have them break my heart.
Then 6 months-year later I often heard they got married. That hurt me badly and wondering if I could have been the one they married.
I often think I am still single because of this.

Several years ago I made the decision to abstain until a serious relationship.
While it does scare off many guys, the ones wanting what I do will stay. I no longer want to be the girl they have sex with while they marry another, I want to be the one they marry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The line between casual sex & rape has been blurred. I never said you were talking about that but I am talking about this because it happens all of the time.

As someone who volunteers with victims of sexual assault it's really offensive to treat consensual causal sex that resulted in regret as being traumatic as someone who was raped or sexually exploited.

Reactions: Skaloop
Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As someone who volunteers with victims of sexual assault it's really offensive to treat consensual causal sex that resulted in regret as being traumatic as someone who was raped or sexually exploited.

It is more offensive when you try to categorize them as either one or the other. You are trying to say that we will always know the difference between those who had a traumatic experience with those who just had casual sex. You are being the judge when somebody tells you that they had a traumatic experience if you choose to dismiss it by denying it & by calling that person silly & by saying it was just consensual casual sex.

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
It is more offensive when you try to categorize them as either one or the other. You are trying to say that we will always know the difference between those who had a traumatic experience with those who just had casual sex. You are being the judge when somebody tells you that they had a traumatic experience if you choose to dismiss it by denying it & by calling that person silly & by saying it was just consensual casual sex.

You're the one who came into this thread and treated consensual casual sex as something that can be as traumatic as having been raped or sexual exploited, just because a person experiences regret afterwords. Don't try to twist my words.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.