MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sign nailed to the cross said "King of the Jews" Our Lord and Savior.

Zechariah 14:9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Ephsians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Romans 15:
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Matthew 10:5-6
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

• Agree
Reactions: lsume

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not following what you're suggesting isn't being taught in churches. Can you elaborate? How are you generally interpreting those passages?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Zechariah 14:9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Ephsians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Romans 15:
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Matthew 10:5-6
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Welcome to the forum!

We all have Bibles at the churches I've been to.

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Why is this not being taught in Church?"

Specifically what ? Some assemblies believe and teach all Scripture is truth, and revealed by the Father through Jesus Christ.... all truth....

Jesus was a minister of the Circumcision

the Jews:Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant

the Christians: strangers from the covenants of promise

Jesus commanded them: Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was a minister of the Circumcision

the Jews:Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant

the Christians: strangers from the covenants of promise

Jesus commanded them: Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

You quote Matt 10:5 when the 12 were sent out. After Pentecost Paul and Peter were led to include the gentiles.

I believe Jesus is referring to the circumcision of the heart.

The Gospel is for the Jew first then the Gentiles are grafted in.

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You quote Matt 10:5 when the 12 were sent out. After Pentecost Paul and Peter were led to include the gentiles.

===
According to Peter, He viewed Paul as one who was given wisdom which was hard to be understood.
He also said of his epistle, that those who are unlearned and unstable people wrest them as they do all the other scripture to their own destruction.

2nd Peter 3:
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Jews(believers) never gave up the Law.

The Law nullifies grace. therefore you cannot follow the Law and be saved by grace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
===
According to Peter, He viewed Paul as one who was given wisdom which was hard to be understood.
He also said of his epistle, that those who are unlearned and unstable people wrest them as they do all the other scripture to their own destruction.

2nd Peter 3:
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

You haven't answered the question of what you think is not being taught.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Law nullifies grace. therefore you cannot follow the Law and be saved by grace

Paul was a Jewish believer...

He did not tolerate those who were seeking salvation via the Law (See Galatians 3)

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You haven't answered the question of what you think is not being taught.

In my own words: Jesus was bound by the The Law, so He came specifically to minister to the circumcision to finish the work promised to the fathers of the covenant. this was this promise. They had no idea He was going to die thereby defeating death. this was the mystery

The new mystery not revealed was that Paul was directly Chosen by Jesus Himself to suffer for His Name sake. At first He didn't know he had to turn his back to The Law. He tried His best to convince Jews about the Gospel of Grace but in Acts 21: James tells Paul there are thousand who are zealous for the Law. They determined Peter is for the circumcision but Paul is to teach the Gospel of Grace to the gentile.

As for the Christians, we belong to the body of Christ, Jesus is the head and co inheritors with Him.

to the Jews were the promises spelled out in the old testament. Our inheritance is in heaven.

The Law nullifies grace. therefore you cannot follow the Law and be saved by grace.

Like you I want to learn and I teach what I have learned.

Thank you for asking. let me know if I am in error

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul was a Jewish believer...

He did not tolerate those who were seeking salvation via the Law (See Galatians 3)

As for the Christians, we belong to the body of Christ, Jesus is the head and co inheritors with Him.

to the Jews were the promises spelled out in the old testament. Our inheritance is in heaven.

The Law nullifies grace. therefore you cannot follow the Law and be saved by grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1 Cor 9 summarises Pauls position...

I am free of obligation to anyone, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), to win those under the law. 21To those without the law I became like one without the law (though I am not outside the law of God but am under the law of Christ), to win those without the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men, so that by all possible means I might save some.23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings.

Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my own words: Jesus was bound by the The Law, so He came specifically to minister to the circumcision to finish the work promised to the fathers of the covenant. this was this promise. They had no idea He was going to die thereby defeating death. this was the mystery

The new mystery not revealed was that Paul was directly Chosen by Jesus Himself to suffer for His Name sake. At first He didn't know he had to turn his back to The Law. He tried His best to convince Jews about the Gospel of Grace but in Acts 21: James tells Paul there are thousand who are zealous for the Law. They determined Peter is for the circumcision but Paul is to teach the Gospel of Grace to the gentile.

Like you I want to learn and I teach what I have learned.

Thank you for asking. let me know if I am in error

So what are you actually saying?

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So far I can't find a coherent question or statement from the OP. What is the point of this?

Churches have done a disservice to Christians by teaching the wrong thing.
it is not easy to undo what they have done. but keep asking questions

Acts 21:20 James said there are thousand who are zealous for the Law

this is for Jews
When you study the first 4 Gospels Jew, believers, are based from Peter's confession.

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
but they did not turn from the Law

This is for Christians
Paul teaches The body of Christ, The cross the power of God to salvation and saved by grace through faith

please read my last 3 post and if you still have questions ask

Paul:
1st Cor.: 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I know it is very confusing. I'll do my best to clear it up.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

The entire early church was Jewish. Look carefully at Acts 2. I do agree with you that isn't emphasized in a lot of churches.

A lot of the struggle we see in the New Testament about law vs grace is because of the Judaizers that were attempting to get people to turn back to their legalism (and away from the teaching of Jesus' disciples). No one can turn back to that specific religious system today - as Jesus said would happen, that was all destroyed in 70 AD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what are you actually saying?

I'm with you .... If you believe that Jesus suffered and died, shed Hid blood for you are saved don't worry too much about these details.

Peter was talking to the Jews only read in Acts 3:25 read the whole chapter

Paul who was chosen by Jesus on His way to Damascus, Jesus said Paul is to suffer for my name sake He is to go the the world to Preach the Gospel of Grace. While Peter teaches the Gosple of the Kingdom. This is ther Promise from the Old Testament. remember The sign over the cross "King of the Jews.

this is Paul I

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Upvote 0