WHY IS THERE SO MANY WARNINGS FROM GOD'S WORD ABOUT LOSING SALVATION IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE??

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you misunderstand the scriptures shared with you. Do you know the difference between someone who sins and repents and returns to God and someone who falls away from the faith to no longer believe and follow God's Word to return to a life of known unrepentant sin?

Heb. 6:4-8 clearly says, (IF those fall away through sin), there isn't a place for them to Repent because, it is Impossible for them to fall away.

Therefore neither one of your hypotheses are valid.

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... conditional on believing and following God's Word. If you do not believe and follow God's Word then you have no salvation ...
= WORKS!

salvation is conditonal on believing and following God's Word
= WORKS!

however this is always conditional on BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's Word
= WORKS! (Salvation is conditional now, I see)

true only for all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's Word
= WORKS!

we are only saved by grace through faith and not of works ... and that staying saved is ... as we believe and follow His Word
= WORKS! (And here you even contradict yourself- LOL)

These are from only Page 21 of this topic. You cannot deny that you believe staying saved, therefore salvation itself, is a matter of works.

Maybe you might want to explain what "following God's word" means to you. How many not "following God's words" does a person have to be guilty of to lose salvation? Once? Ten times? Once, and then none for 10 years, then once again? Never, and then just the minute before one dies? Be specific.

Just what does a person have to do (works) to "follow God's word" in order to hang on to his salvation? And what about Christ? Didn't He have something to do about this?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
= WORKS!

= WORKS!

= WORKS! (Salvation is conditional now, I see)

= WORKS!

= WORKS! (And here you even contradict yourself- LOL)

These are from only Page 21 of this topic. You cannot deny that you believe staying saved, therefore salvation itself, is a matter of works.

Maybe you might want to explain what "following God's word" means to you. How many not "following God's words" does a person have to be guilty of to lose salvation? Once? Ten times? Once, and then none for 10 years, then once again? Never, and then just the minute before one dies? Be specific.

Just what does a person have to do (works) to "follow God's word" in order to hang on to his salvation? And what about Christ? Didn't He have something to do about this?

Well that is not true. Your words are not Gods Word and it is God's Word that disagrees with your words.

JAMES 2:18-20; 26, Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. [19], Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. [20], But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

[26], For as the body without the spirit0 is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

All I hear here is your words denying God's. Only God's Word is true my friend *ROMANS 3:4 and you have provided none.

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that is not true. Your words are not Gods Word and it is God's Word that disagrees with your words.

JAMES 2:18-20; 26, Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. [19], Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. [20], But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

[26], For as the body without the spirit0 is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

All I hear here is your words denying God's. Only God's Word is true my friend *ROMANS 3:4 and you have provided none.

I guess I'll have to join the others here who have pointed out to you countless times that you don't understand the difference between the biblical idea that works are the fruit produced by a saved person, and your unbiblical belief that works keep you saved. If you haven't got it by now you aren't going to get it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

_Dave_

Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'll have to join the others here who have pointed out to you countless times that you don't understand the difference between the biblical idea that works are the fruit produced by a saved person, and your unbiblical belief that works keep you saved. If you haven't got it by now you aren't going to get it.
And while we're at it, if you have time, can you give us some of the things that are on the "not following God's word" list of things that will cause the axe to fall on a born-again, Bible-believing Christian who is indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

Maybe list 10 of them in order from the worst worst down to the least worst.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Then you would be bearing false witness and making things up that are not true as I have already clearly stated that OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your response..

I think the scriptures speak for themselves in the post you are quoting from. There is no contradiction. What is it from the scriptures you do not understand?
The scriptures are fine. Your abuse of them causes contradictions.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
God's Word applies to everyone of us and we are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God *MATTHEW 4:4. They that be whole need not a physician but those who are sick. Many do not know the meaning *MATTHEW 9:12-13.
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?
— Galatians 3:2-3

You teach that we are perfected by the flesh.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You. It’s your obedience that keeps you saved.
Amazing. You make claims no one has said, believes or have posted even after being told directly what one believe. I guess you believe bearing false witness against your neighbore is not a sin. I will leave that between you and God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?
— Galatians 3:2-3

You teach that we are perfected by the flesh.

Well that has no truth in it. DITTO see the post above this one ;) Do you have anything to share in relation to the OP here? I guess not.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD.
Once again, obedience is the fruit of obedience. So what happens first...obedience or obedience?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Once again, obedience is the fruit of obedience. So what happens first...obedience or obedience?
What does post # 426 above say? This has already been shared with you from God's Word. Do you not believe it?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Amazing. You make claims no one has said, believes or claims even after being told directly what one believe. I guess you believe bearing false witness against your neighbore is not a sin. I will leave that between you and God.
A claim you haven’t said?

Refresher.

OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A claim you haven’t said?

Refresher.

Yep that is what I have posted and your point is......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well that has no truth in it. DITTO see the post above this one ;) Do you have anything to share in relation to the OP here? I guess not.
The OP is the false gospel that Paul warned the Galatians about. I’ve shown from scripture how you teach a false gospel of works, the very thing Paul warns about.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The OP is the false gospel that Paul warned the Galatians about. I’ve shown from scripture how you teach a false gospel of works, the very thing Paul warns about.
Nope! The OP shows that the false Gospel is one that denies God's Word and says that we do not have to believe and follow God's Word in order to receive eternal life. Those who do not believe and follow God's Word and think that they can still be saved are following another Gospel that is not God's

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What does post # 426 above say? This has already been shared with you from God's Word. Do you not believe it?
I believe God’s word. I’m sure your question is one that Satan could have asked Christ during the tempts.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yep that is what I have posted and your point is......
That you believe that obedience is the result of obedience, not of Christ working in you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe God’s word. I’m sure your question is one that Satan could have asked Christ during the tempts.
If you believe God's Word why do you not believe the scriptures that are provide and only sent in love as a help to you? The scriptures provided here in the OP are God's Word not mine and you do not believe them do you.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Nope! The OP shows that the false Gospel is one that denies God's Word and says that we do not have to believe and follow God's Word in order to receive eternal life. Those who do not believe and follow God's Word and think that they can still be saved are following another Gospel that is not God's
There you have it. Faith plus works.

Upvote 0