WHY IS THERE SO MANY WARNINGS FROM GOD'S WORD ABOUT LOSING SALVATION IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE??

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If you believe that salvation can lost, yet believe that you haven’t lost yours, who is responsible for that? If you say God, then why does He fail? If you say you, how is that not arrogance and pride?

• Winner
Reactions: Bladerunner
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don’t believe in OSAS, so there’s that.
Whether you believe in the doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved; Eternal Security or the Perseverance of the Saints it really makes no difference as there is little difference between all of them which have the common foundation built on sand that one cannot lose their salvation. This is not biblical and as posted earlier has it's foundation of the same lie spoken to Eve in Eden which caused the fall of mankind *GENESIS 3:1-5. (See also; WAS THE FIRST LIE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN YOU CAN BREAK GOD'S LAW AND NOT SURELY DIE?)
And you haven’t come out and refuted what I said.
That is not true at all. You have been provided God's Word and it does indeed disagree with you. God's Word's are not my words. In response you provide your own words that are not God's Word. Only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.
You believe that there’s a direct correlation to your actions and staying saved. All one has to do is read your posts.
According to God's Word salvation is conditonal on believing and following God's Word always in the "present tense" *JOHN 3:15-21; JOHN 10:27; MATTHEW 16:24 . OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8.
Scripture teaches that not only is salvation of the Lord, staying saved is His responsibility as well. He who started a good work will complete it.
Staying saved is indeed God's work in us *PHILIPPIANS 2:13; JUDE 1:24-25; JOHN 15:5; PHILIPPIANS 1:6 however this is always condtional on BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's Word and hearing His Voice (the Word). Those who choose to FALL AWAY and DEPART the FAITH are no longer believing and following God's Word *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-31 and reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.
He does not hold our sins against us. The Son loses none that the Father gives Him. Where sin abounds, grace abounds even more.
This is true only for all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's Word. Those who FALL AWAY and DEPART the FAITH as the scriptures show in the OP are no longer believing and following Gods Word therefore are not in a saved state before God. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:6-10 and those who think they are saved but are not *MATTHEW 7:22-23.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you believe that salvation can lost, yet believe that you haven’t lost yours, who is responsible for that? If you say God, then why does He fail? If you say you, how is that not arrogance and pride?

Not sure who this is addressed to. Why would you think God fails? We are not robots. God gives us a free will to follow him or not. He never forces any one to follow him. Arragance and pride is mans lot and the reason why many will not hear the Word of God and follow it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's a good topic idea. Just be sure to title it accurately as: "Salvation by works, Christ's sacrifice was ineffective."
You are confused. Salvation is not by works but by GRACE through FAITH, it is a gift from God *EPHESIANS 2:8-9 which is conditional on believing and following God's Word. If you do not believe and follow God's Word then you have no salvation because you have built your house on the sand and great will be the fall of it. *MATTHEW 7:24-27.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That is not true at all. You have been provided God's Word and it does indeed disagree with you.
That’s not exactly true. You post verses, but completely ignore context. So you make the claim, but it’s an inch deep and a mile wide.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD.
Again (is this copy pasta?) you are saying that obedience is the fruit of obedience (following God’s word is obedience).

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This is true only for all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's Word. Those who FALL AWAY and DEPART the FAITH as the scriptures show in the OP are no longer believing and following Gods Word therefore are not in a saved state before God.
So, only SOME sins are forgiven and not held against us. Are you sure that’s the “truth” you want to promote?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Thank you for the scriptures I love them and believe them. How do these scripture relate to the post and the scriptures you are quoting from? It only supports it. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.
Your response...
It applies because you don’t believe it. You don’t think that our sins won’t be held against us. Yours is the false gospel that Paul warmed about in Galatians.

This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?
— Galatians 3:2-3

Your theology has no place for Paul.
Amazing. Is bearing false witness against your neighbore a sin in your view? You do not have to answer this question if you do not wish to. I will leave that between you and God to work through. I think what you are quoting from shows already that what you have posted here has no truth in it as it is mainly God's Word not mine. In response you share your own words which are not God's. I know who I believe and follow and it is not you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not sure who this is addressed to. Why would you think God fails? We are not robots. God gives us a free will to follow him or not. He never forces any one to follow him. Arragance and pride is mans lot and the reason why many will not hear the Word of God and follow it.
It’s prideful if you think that you are the reason you stay saved, which is your position.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your response...

Amazing. Is bearing false witness against your neighbore a sin in your view? You do not have to answer this question if you do not wish to. I will leave that between you and God to work through. I think what you are quoting from shows already that what you have posted here has no truth in it as it is mainly God's Word not mine. In response you share your own words which are not God's. I know who I believe and follow and it is not you.
The Galatians quote very much applies to you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It’s prideful if you think that you are the reason you stay saved, which is your position.
Who thinks we are the reason we stay saved? You have already been shown through Gods' Word that we are only saved by grace through faith and not of works it is a gift of God lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8 and that staying saved is indeed God's work in us *PHILIPPIANS 2:13; JUDE 1:24-25; JOHN 15:5; PHILIPPIANS 1:6 as we believe and follow His Word *JOHN 3:15-21; JOHN 10:27; MATTHEW 16:24. Those who choose to FALL AWAY and DEPART the FAITH are no longer believing and following God's Word *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-31 and are not in a saved state before God because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. This is the difference between the children of God and the the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:6-10. Sadly many will be disappointed come judgment day *MATTHEW 7:22-23

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Your response..

I think the scriptures speak for themselves in the post you are quoting from. There is no contradiction. What is it from the scriptures you do not understand?

Is everything you are espousing SDA Doctrine, or is this you very own home grown variety of Belief?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is everything you are espousing SDA Doctrine, or is this you very own home grown variety of Belief?

For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me. I indeed have already answered you with His Word but you do not hear him because you have chosen not to hear his Word to you. I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Galatians quote very much applies to you.
God's Word applies to everyone of us and we are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God *MATTHEW 4:4. They that be whole need not a physician but those who are sick. Many do not know the meaning *MATTHEW 9:12-13.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Those who choose to FALL AWAY and DEPART the FAITH are no longer believing and following God's Word

I cannot for the life of me understand your position that, a Believer falling away becomes an UNBELIEVER, it isn't that they become Unbelievers, they become sinners, but we all know and agree that, that possibility of happening is a fallacy, as per. Heb. 6:4-8 as you have so graciously provided.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I cannot for the life of me understand your position that, a Believer falling away becomes an UNBELIEVER, it isn't that they become Unbelievers, they become sinners, but we all know and agree that, that possibility of happening is a fallacy, as per. Rom. 6:4-8 as you have so graciously provided.
Perhaps you misunderstand the scriptures shared with you. Do you know the difference between someone who sins and repents and returns to God and someone who falls away from the faith to no longer believe and follow God's Word to return to a life of known unrepentant sin?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen.

Are you saying that through you, we here in this thread are being Called of God?

Are you saying you are one of the Chosen, if so, are you also one of the Elect?

Last edited:
Upvote 0