Why is the mark of the beast contrary to God?

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The agenda of getting most folks to buy into a uniformitarian model of our existence has worked, from geology thru spirituality. Virtually every concept of things is centered on that model. It stands to reason that folks would tend to dismiss views that don’t fit that paradigm. That is also why many folks dismiss Yeshua. He doesn’t fit that paradigm either. I like that!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Allegiance to Caesar was incompatible with allegiance to Christ; one cannot confess Christ is Lord if one confesses Caesar is lord. In the time in which the Apocalypse was written, Domitian had established temples in honor of his brother Titus and father Vespasian, and the cult of Caesar worship was in full swing--to worship Caesar was to deny the absolute lordship of Jesus Christ. The mark of the beast is thus the antithesis of the seal of God; one can belong to Christ or one could be long to Caesar, but not both. Either Jesus Christ is Lord or Caesar is lord, there is no compromise or middle ground.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Allegiance to Caesar was incompatible with allegiance to Christ; one cannot confess Christ is Lord if one confesses Caesar is lord. In the time in which the Apocalypse was written, Domitian had established temples in honor of his brother Titus and father Vespasian, and the cult of Caesar worship was in full swing--to worship Caesar was to deny the absolute lordship of Jesus Christ. The mark of the beast is thus the antithesis of the seal of God; one can belong to Christ or one could be long to Caesar, but not both. Either Jesus Christ is Lord or Caesar is lord, there is no compromise or middle ground.

-CryptoLutheran

I would agree with that. The only fly in the ointment is that once a person takes the mark, scripture seems to imply that there is no turning back. Not quite the same thing as a belonging to God or belonging to Caesar worship thing. The choice is final regarding whatever this mark is. And it seems, that those who take that mark, they can never change their mind and attain salvation. Much more than simply a tattoo, chip implant, etc. Even only those that have the mark somehow are affected by certain ailments, sores, etc.

Has the image of somehow those that have taken the mark are genetically changed so that they are no longer "human". Yeshua died to save humans, not mutants or angels. So, since those that take the mark are no longer eligible for salvation and are the only ones affected by certain ailments, it seems they have genetically traded in their humanity. Much more than simply a worship one or the other concept. And given the technology we are starting to acquire even today, genetic manipulation of human DNA is becoming a reality.

Definitely weird stuff and controversial. We are not given enough details to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
....so would Revelation 14: 9, 10 be temporary then?

And St. Paul says that prostitutes, idolators, thieves, drunkards, or the greedy will inherit the kingdom. But he also writes, "And this is what some of you used to be. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God."

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not quite sure the analogy holds up. Those are all individual sinful conditions. The "mark" seems to be something quite different. And there is nothing to indicate that if one takes that mark, they can ever be released from it.

That is why there is a lot of speculation as to what it actually is. A tattoo or "chip" could be removed, one would think. But there doesn't seem to be any indication that this "mark" can be removed. Once taken, the text seems to suggest that is the end of the story for whoever receives that mark.

It would be nice to think they could be redeemed, and maybe there is some "loop hole" that they can. But without any supporting text that indicates they can, it seems unlikely. Either way, it would be wise of anyone to NOT take that mark with some sort of idea they could change their mind later. That is big time gambling and as anyone familiar with high stakes gambling knows... the house always wins, not the players.

• Agree
Reactions: MareZee61
Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a area I have been researching quite a bit as of late, nfc/rfid implants can easily be used as a means for electronic financial transactions, and some kind of individual marker (think of a individual as having a walking ip address, or a unique assigned number for each individual)

As for recombinant dna, have a read of chapter 4:18 from Book of Yasher, the description and reference to seed mixing.

And as for nanotchnology, this is something out of my league, but there is a question that needs to be asked, is it possible with all this technology, is it possible the brain itself could be hardwired to the point that a person will be unable to change their way of thinking?

And another question, why is it now there are more cases of threats of financial penalties and jail for parents who refuse to vaccinate their children?

I have been wondering as of late if some kind of “mandated vaccination program” could actually be the delivery system used in relation to the mark of the beast (chip implants, nanotch, rDNA, these can easily be delivered via a vaccine).

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Interesting thoughts. I have often wondered why some of the mandates on vaccinations. Why would those who have vaccinated themselves and their children worry about those that didn’t? Not like they are at risk of catching what they have been vaccinated for. There has to more going on for government entities to be so harsh about the issue. The old saying “me thinks ye doest protest too much” comes to mind.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it is interesting in regards to vaccinations and the mark of the beast, because we are already seeing evidence of financial penalties coming into force for parents who refuse to have their kids vaccinated. So what is the next stage? Compulsory vaccinations for adults with penalties for those who don't comply?

The more I analyze the evidence and what we are seeing today, the only conclusion I can come to is some sort of compulsory vaccination program for everyone.

Look at it from another angle, the people that have chosen to accept the mark of beast, at the same time, those people concerned will have an immunity to deliverance. And deliverance can mean to rescue or set free. Think about it, immunity, inoculations, vaccinations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And that is a reasonable assumption.

Usually events are a host of different things all coming to an intersection and meeting up. All we can do is keep our eyes open to what is going on around us and try to see any correlation that might be happening. While some aspects of this may indeed "sneek up" on folks, I am still convinced that whatever it turns out to be, "the mark" will be accepted as a result of a conscious choice by those who take it, though I also am quite sure that many will not fully realize the implications of taking that mark till it is too late.

But I think things are converging at a lightning pace. When we look at all the technology, the persecution and death of Christian brothers and sisters ramping up worldwide, and even major attacks on churches in the last couple of years in America, with the largest mass killing in a church in U.S. history recently happening, I get the distinct feeling that all the arguing and speculation we have done over the years is rapidly becoming reality and our silly little bickering about what is going to happen will fall by the wayside.

Then all we will have is each other and the Lord. And maybe that will be the motivation to finally take it upon ourselves to act like brothers and sister in Messiah and love one another as He commanded us to do. I learned in the Army that when things get nasty, then all the little petty stuff falls by the wayside. It becomes a matter of looking out for each other because each other is all we have. I think we as a body in Messiah need to start getting into gear and focusing on reality. Things are going to get messy really quick.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I too feel that events are moving at a fast pace. It just feels much of what is happening today is soon going to come to that one moment when mankind will finally have to choose. There will be a point where one will to join the system, or be booted out and be considered a outcast.

We are seeing evidence of this happening at a fast rate. So at moment I would say many in the world today have unofficially joined the system, but it wont be long before becomes official, if that makes sense.

The question is the process in which people have to be tagged? So going by the theory of some kind of mandated vaccine program, will there be people lining up in clinics to take their compulsory shots?

I was just having a look at rev 13.10 and I have been wondering about this particular word - “captivity”. When it comes to the medical industry, being put in quarantine would have the same meaning. And considering the greek word for sorcery is pharmakeia (think pharmaceuticals industry) it really makes one to start asking questions

Upvote 0