Why is the day of worship controversial?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I quote Scripture you never respond to.

Are you being truthful here brother? Your posts have been responded to section by section and scripture by scripture showing your error of interpretation with God's WORD. I will leave this false statement of yours between you and God.

The Scripture I quote shows why I said what I said.

Nope it doesn't as shown with the scriptures and context added back in that shows your interpretation to be a false one. You do not respond to these scripture and posts that disagree with you but will simply quote what has been written to you without addressing the content you are quoting from.

If you want to prove them wrong parse them out or post error because .... Your commentary backed by Scripture is required to convince me.

Well that is not true brother. Your only here to argue and not discuss the scriptures that have been provided only in love as a help to you that show your errors of interpretation. Whatever is posted to you as shown in the earlier posts and scriptures in them that disagree with you will not help you because you have chosen not to hear God's WORD so your argument is with God not me.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Again I notice you once more by-pass Jesus Christ the Righteous. Then you move on and talk about commandments that aren't those of Jesus as you've been shown with quotes from the works of John. What you're doing is twisting the Scripture into something it isn't. I fully understand you'll say that's a false accusation. OK by me, which doesn't mean I confess to that.

Hmm this is another good example about not addressing all the scriptures or the post that disagrees with you. Can you see what I have been talking about with you here how you are not addressing what is posted to you but simply adding my quote in then not resonding to the content and the scriptures in the post you are quoting from?

If you don't understand what I say, ask. Don't tell me I'm wrong without explaining why.

If I did not understand you I would ask you. You have been shown your error of interpretations of the scriptures and the false statements you have been made with God's WORD. It is God's WORD that shows your interpretation is in error not me. So your argument is with God. Not a good thing however to be arguing with God's WORD come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. Best to sort that out before then.

When you post something about commandments - state exactly what commandments you're talking about.

I do. :)

I know your doctrine. I've chatted a long time with individual SDA people in real life. I have some of their works in my personal library as gifts from them. You don't want me to start quoting them.

I do not know if you do or do not. God's knows. We must be careful as the scriptures say however that we harden not out heart to the truth of God's WORD. If we do God's Spirit will leave us *1 TIMOTHY 4:1; 2 THESSALONIANS 2:11-12; ISAIAH 59:2.

We don't need to go into what sin is again.

Yep thought so. See what I mean about you not addressing all the scriptures provided in the post that disagrees with you?

You can squawk all you want, but I learned not to covet things that weren't mine or lie thru punishment by my unchurched parents who didn't tell me about what the Bible says. Yes it's true I learned later in life that was sin. Whatever title you want to put on it it was wicked/evil. Yes I learned that evil separates one from God. That had no part in my conversion. Yes I repented of evil. At no time in my entire life have I ever been convicted of or prompted (made desire) to keep the 4th commandment. Your church teaches I'm not a Christian having been made aware of the 4th commandment since I don't keep it. BTW neither do you.

Yep thought so. See what I mean about you not addressing all the scriptures provided in the post that disagrees with you that you are quoting from?

The verse doesn't say only and always. Since the covenant law has been set aside as promised by God through Jeremiah and testified by Jesus (God) to be current. I can't sin by not keeping the 4th commandment of the covenant law given exclusively to Israel as Moses says in Deut 5.

Yep thought so. See what I mean about you not addressing all the scriptures provided in the post that disagrees with you? Here your making a strawman argument in order not to address the scripture which says. 1 JOHN 3:4 [4] Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.

Where does it say in what you are quoting from only and always?

God's LAW (10 commandments) in the OLD and NEW COVENANT gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

If you do not KNOW what the OLD COVENANT is how can you know what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to. Your error is that you mix up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK *EXODUS 24:7 with GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken.

God's 4th commandment is one of the 10 commandments *EXODUS 20:8-11 that gives us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. If we break ANY ONE of them we stand guilty before GOD of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11 and unless we seek JESUS in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the judgment *ACTS 17:30-31; HEBREWS 10:26-27; JAMES 2:8-12.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9) There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God? In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As long as we realise, those who insist full adherence to the letter is necessary to be a Christian, cannot and do not practice what they preach, all is well. It is those who do not understand that I feel so sorry for.

No one is saying or claiming what you are. While it is God's WORD that says those who claim they are Christian while CONTINUING in KNOWN UNREPTENANT SIN are lying and do not know God *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-6-9. God's WORD teaches us that we will only KNOW GOD if we KNOW that we do not KNOW him and seek him through his WORD and call upon his name. Those who say they see do not see because they are blind. JESUS says; If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, We see; therefore your sin remains *JOHN 9:41.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are still confused, that is the question that was resoponded to with God's WORD. God's LAW (10 Commandments) has the same role it always has and that role does not change. God's LAW (10 Commandments) gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11. The only thing that is no longer for the dead man is what has been provided in
So I'm confused about a dead man? What does the Scripture say?

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

The law (famous 10) can't inform a dead man of anything.

Dead is defined as:
  1. no longer alive.
    "a dead body" ·
    deceased · expired · departed · gone · no more · passed on ·
    [more]
  2. complete; absolute.
So anyway you want to apply the word dead and phrase dead man, the truth is they are no more.

I just don't get your idea the law has a purpose for a dead man. The dead man still knows nothing even if the law communicated with him.
ROMANS 8:1-4
[1], There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2], For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
[3], For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
[4], That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

FORGIVENESS by FAITH in God's WORD means we are not longer guilty before God of SIN (breaking God's LAW)

ROMANS 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter

links to these scriptures you keep ignoring...

ROMANS 6:1-6
[1], What shall we say then? SHALL WE SIN [break God's LAW], that grace may abound?
[2], GOD FORBID. HOW SHALL WE THAT ARE DEAD TO SIN [breaking God's LAW], LIVE ANY LONGER THERE IN?
[3], KNOWN YOU NOT THAT AS MANY OF US THAT WERE BAPTISED INTO JESUS CHRIST WERE BAPTISED INTO HIS DEATH?
[4], Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even SO WE SHOULD WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE.
[5], For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
[6], KNOWING THIS THAT OUR OLD MAN IS CRUCIFIED WITH HIM THAT THE BODY OF SIN [break God's LAW] MIGHT BE DESTROYED THAT WE SHOULD NOT SERVE SIN [break God's LAW].
It's obvious you didn't read the links I provided. You expect others to read yours. By the Scripture it's obvious you don't intend or want others to read your links -

Lk 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

You will most like disregard the above passage saying it's my words or interpretation. OK well.
ROMANS 6:10-16
[10], For in that he died, he died to sin once: but in that he lives, he lives to God.
[11], LIKEWISE RECKON YOU ALSO TO BE DEAD INDEED TO SIN [breaking God's LAW], BUT ALIVE TO GOD THROUGH OUT LORD JESUS CHRIST.
[12], LET NO SIN [breaking God's LAW] REIGN IN YOUR MORTAL BODY , that you should obey it in the lusts thereof.
[13], Neither yield you your members as instruments of UNRIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO SIN [breaking God's LAW]: BUT YEILD YOURSELF TO GOD AS THOSE THAT ARE ALIVE FROM THE DEAD, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
[14], For SIN [breaking God's LAW] SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU: for you are not under the law, but under grace.
[15], What then? SHALL WE SIN [breaking God's LAW], because we are not under the law, but under grace? GOD FORBID.
[16], Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of SIN [breaking God's LAW] UNTO DEATH, or of obedience to righteousness?
Why respond to more Scripture when you say I don't against the evidence. Your denial and badgering is pretty old. It's so old and stale it no longer has its desired affect.
links to...

ROMANS 7:1-5
[1], Know you not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives?

NOTE
: Same thoughts explained in Romans 6 but Romans 7 using the example of marriage
6v2 We are to be dead to sin and not to live any longer in it. 6v3-4 We are buried with Jesus in death to walk in newness of life. 6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin. 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin
My point exactly - a dead man doesn't sin. So there's no need for the law as Paul points out in -

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
[2], For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he lives; but if the husband dies, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

NOTE: What does the husband represent that dies? 6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin
I've no idea why you seem top think and promote the husband and wife are the same individual. The subject of discussion is the demise of the law in verse 2. There's nothing about the old man (carnal nature) dying in verse 2.
[3], So then if, while her husband lives, she is married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband dies, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she is married to another man.

NOTE: We cannot serve the flesh [G4561 sinful human nature] and serve the Spirit.
Correct. We can't serve carnal commandments and the Spirit or Christ at the same time. Yes Paul calls the famous 10 carnal commandments.
LUKE 16:13 [13], No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
This must be why you never mention Jesus Christ the righteous in you discussion about 1 Jn 2.
[4], Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that you should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Yes, just as the wife no longer has a relationship with the dead husband (law/famous 10). A wife doesn't marry herself.
NOTE: The law here is a reference to the bond of marriage continuing the topic of death and life in Christ. That is the OLD MAN of sin [Flesh G4561 sinful human nature] that is crucified is to die that we might serve in newness of life. 7v4 being dead to the law by the Body of Christ is the same as… 6v2 We are to be dead to sin and not to live any longer in it. 6v3-4 We are buried with Jesus in death to walk in newness of life 6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. The laws being discussed here are the law of the flesh [sinful human nature] and the law of the Spirit [walking by faith in God’s Word]. When one dies you are free to marry another.
There's no G 4561 to be found in the text of Rom 7:2-4. So you interject things that aren't there. That makes your argument error.
[5], For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit to death.

NOTE: The flesh [G4561 sinful human nature] is the OLD MAN that must be crucified with Christ in order for us to be married to another [The Spirit] 6v5
What caused the motions of the flesh in verse 5 above? And what did it do?
[1], THERE IS THEREFORE NOW NO CONDEMNATION TO THEM WHICH ARE IN CHRIST JESUS, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2], FOR THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS HAS MADE ME FREE FROM THE LAW OF SIN [breaking God's Law] AND DEATH [Sins penalty - Romans 6:23].
Without the law there's no penalty.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
[3], For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
[4], THAT THE RIGHTOUESNESS OF THE LAW MIGHT BE FULFILLED IN US, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT.
Please note the bolded in your quote.
[/quote]Let's take the negative out of verse 4 to see how the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us.

THAT THE RIGHTOUESNESS OF THE LAW MIGHT BE FULFILLED IN US, WHO WALK AFTER THE SPIRIT.

Now you're going to say I altered the meaning of Scripture. Oh well. The verse clearly says righteousness is only achieved by walking in the Spirit. The negative of the verse says - "WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH." The flesh here represents the obedience to the carnal commandments of law keeping by the body. The problem is the body isn't subject to the law (famous 10).
ROMANS 8:13 For if you live after the flesh, you shall die: but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, you shall live.
Sure enough. You can take that comment as a statement of fact or a question.
CONCLUSION: This is what has changed when the OLD MAN OF SIN dies we are free to marry another (CHRIST) and walk in NEWNESS of LIVE to BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD. THOSE who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will die because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 8:13; HEBREWS 10:26-27; ROMANS 6:23
Speaking as a wife, one can marry another when the old goat (husband) dies. Yes many wives celebrate when their husband dies.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No one is walking in God's Spirit if they are breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments *GALATIANS 5:16 because they do not KNOW GOD *1 JOHN 2:3-4 and need to be BORN AGAIN *JOHN 3:3-7. God's WORD does not teach lawlessness. Walking in God's Spirit means to be abiding in CHRIST. Those who ABIDE in CHRIST do not commit sin (break any one of God's 10 commandments) *1 JOHN 3:6-9
Gal 5:16 doesn't say anything about those walking in the Spirit observing the law. Verse 18 says those walking (led by) in the Spirit, aren't incurring any obligation to the law.
You have not been reading the posts and the scriptures provided for you have you. The answers have always been the same and the answer to your question you are asking is in the very post you are quoting from which says; God's Church is symbolic of the woman in ROMANS 7:1-4. The two men representing 1. the law of sin and death (OLD MAN/the FLESH/ Carnal mind/Sinful nature) and 2. the law of the Spirit of Christ representing marriage to another. If you need scriptures showing God's Church is represented as a Women just let me know?
The wife in those verses is between the two men (the husband representing the law) and Jesus (God) not man to whom the wife marries after the husband dies. The law is dead and past as the Gospels of Luke and John indicate.

LK 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

This verse indicates every man does something else different from the law.
Can you see your error here brother?
No, do you?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You should read your bible more if that is the case. Let me post the scriptures for you.
No the subject is husband and wife. It matter not who each actually is for a marriage relationship to be active. The stark reality is you require the wife (Christian in this case) to be active with a dead husband (the law) (necrophilia).
[1], Know you not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives?
The husband (the law) is dead having nothing to do with a living Christian.
NOTE: Same thoughts explained in Romans 6 but Romans 7 using the example of marriage
6v2 We are to be dead to sin and not to live any longer in it. 6v3-4 We are buried with Jesus in death to walk in newness of life. 6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin. 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin

[2], For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he lives; but if the husband dies, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

NOTE: What does the husband represent that dies? 6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin

[3], So then if, while her husband lives, she is married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband dies, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she is married to another man.

NOTE: We cannot serve the flesh [G4561 sinful human nature] and serve the Spirit.
Chapters 6 and 7 talk about different ways of being severed from the law. Again there's no G4561 in the first four verses of Rom 7. So you interject something that's not there. This is changing the Scripture.
LUKE 16:13 [13], No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Very true. Nice of you to quoted this verse after I did. It very true and I thank you for quoting it again. So you going to continue your relationship with the dead husband? That's sin.
[4], Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that you should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Yes the law no longer irritates the Christian unless they try to serve two masters. It's a very real problem in so called pro grace churches. It brings much stress on people. Thank God for my deliverance from religion.
NOTE: The law here is a reference to the bond of marriage continuing the topic of death and life in Christ. That is the OLD MAN of sin [Flesh G4561 sinful human nature] that is crucified is to die that we might serve in newness of life. 7v4 being dead to the law by the Body of Christ is the same as… 6v2 We are to be dead to sin and not to live any longer in it. 6v3-4 We are buried with Jesus in death to walk in newness of life 6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. The laws being discussed here are the law of the flesh [sinful human nature] and the law of the Spirit [walking by faith in God’s Word]. When one dies you are free to marry another.
Please note the Christian doesn't have a relationship with the dead husband (the law) because they marry another (Jesus).

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love the scriptures thanks for sharing them but as has been shown ealier through God's WORD when adding the context back into the scripture here, sadly, none of the scriptures support your interpretation of them.
You're free to show anything I said is out of context (changes the intended meaning) instead of making blanket unsupported claims.

A good example of what you're doing is LK 16:16-17 intending the reader to understand the law is still current when verse 16 says no. The verse 16 clearly says people are doing something different from the law.
Indeed but not how you interpret the scripture or part of scripture taken out of context to what it is referring to. The CONTEXT of v4 is the law of marriage and the death of the OLD MAN in order to be married to Christ. What do you think being dead to the law THROUGH THE BODY OF CHRIST MEANS in context of ROMANS 6 and ROMANS 7:1-5?
No. You have the dead man (husband representing the law) marrying another (Jesus). The context is the wife does the marrying. The context is the wife is free from the law (dead husband). Since you promote a relationship with the law, you also promote a relationship with the dead husband. This is sin and against the law you claim has been dismissed because it's not a part of the famous 10. Like the dead husband the law no longer has control.
You are confused. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?
What exactly is this unrepentant sin you talk about that will keep an individual out of heaven?
ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, You shall not covet.

Nope it doesn't. Here you go look here...

[8], But SIN, taking occasion by the commandment, worked in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. [v7 No LAW no KNOWLEDGE of SIN]
[9], For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died [wages of sin is death - ROMANS 6:23].
[10], And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be to death [BECAUSE of SIN].
[11], For SIN, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Thanks for posting this passage backing up my idea. If you read the text it clearly says the law kills.
[12], Why the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
[13], Was then that which is good made death to me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
[14], For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
[15], For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
[16], If then I do that which I would not, I consent to the law that it is good.
[17], Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.
[18], For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
[19], For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
[20], Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.
[21], I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
[22], For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
[23], But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
[24], O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Not really going your way at all now is it. Can you see your error here brother?
Yes it is. Read the text you quote.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2 COR 3 is the process of conversion like ROMANS 6; ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8. The letter killeth because it reveals SIN and shows us that we are all SINNERS and the WAGES of SIN is death *ROMANS 6:23. It leads us to CHRIST so that we might be FORGIVEN by FAITH *GALATIANS 3:22-25; ROMANS 8:1-4
Ah yes Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

This passage indicates the school master 9the law) is unemployed.
All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?
You continue with unrepentant sin being a problem without identifying it. So what is your actual accusation?

You know a man and his family were stoned to death for picking up sticks on the sabbath. Jesus tells a man to pick up his bed (probably heavier than a stick, thus more work) on the sabbath. Now why wasn't the man stoned to death like the pharisees wanted?
I do not need to escape anything I only provide you with God's WORD and it disagrees with you.
Your arguing against God's WORD not mine in the quote you are referring to from
Yes you do. That's why you do your best to dismiss any passage I quote like LK 16:16.
ROMANS 6:5-7
[5], For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
[6], Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that from now on we should not serve sin.
[7], For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Who is the OLD MAN here and what is being destroyed?

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.
Who ever the dead man is, is free from sin. Thus the law has no effect on him. The dead man can't sin.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?
I've no idea why you reference Eph 2:8 when you require works of the law. Just doesn't make sense.
They are a good example of what I was sharing with you earlier why I haven't needed respond to those posts of your because you did not address anything in the series of posts made on ROMANS 6; ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 as stated earlier (e.g. Romans 7:6 (1); Romans 7:6 (2); Romans 7:6 (3); Romans 7:6 (4)) You simply quoted my posts and did not address the contect and scriptures of the post you quoted but provided your own words not supported by scriptures or tried to provide strawman arguments no one was talking about in order to try to avoid the content of the post. For your interest however I have already responded to all those other posts you made but decided they did not need posting as you have not addressed the series of posts and scriptures in them that disagree with you. So nope you have quoted me but not addressed the scriptures and content that disagree with you. Quoting someone does not mean you have addressed what is being quoted which your posts provide a good example of.
Why don't you tell the truth here about those linked posts? Any one can easily see I quoted them and responded to them in detail, but you. So far your only response has been to re-post them.
It is the individuals collectively that make up the Church. The Church in God's WORD represents at women who is either faithful or unfaithful to God's WORD *JEREMIAH 6:2; 2 CORINTHIANS 11:2; EPHESIANS 5:23-27; EZEKIEL. 16:15-58; 23:2-21; HOSEA. 2:5; 3:1; REVELATION. 14:4. God's Church (individuals that collectively make of the Church) represent a faithful bride. Christ represents the husband and the bridegroom. This is represented in ROMANS 7:1-5. Before we come to Christ we are dead in tresspasses and SIN (OLD MAN) when the OLD MAN dies we are free to marry another CHRIST. If the OLD MAN has been crucified so will the body of sin so we no longer serve sin. If we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection. For he that is dead is freed from sin *ROMANS 6:6-7.

Hope this helps.
On the contrary about Rom 7. The relationship deals with marriage as a single party, not a collective whole.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These are your own words. You have been provided God's WORD and you disagree with it. So your argument is with God not me. Remember the scriptures also teach the religious leaders of the day called JESUS of the devil and his followers also a cult. Jesus said this will be the lot of all those who follow him.
Why do you think I refuse to follow you?
Not at all. I hide in God's WORD. We are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?
Your collective posts prove otherwise. The record doesn't lie. So you can't snooker me by saying you believe Eph 2:8 when you post about unrepentant sin meaning specifically keeping the law (4th commandments). You require works of the law for salvation.
God's LAW (10 Commandments) give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.
God's 4th commandment is one of the 10 commandments *EXODUS 20:8-11 that gives us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. If we break ANY ONE of them we stand guilty before GOD of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11 and unless we seek JESUS in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the judgment *ACTS 17:30-31; HEBREWS 10:26-27; JAMES 2:8-12.
You've no idea about redemption of the soul. That was promised long before the law. If there's no violation of law there's no chargeable sin. Rom 5:13.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you being truthful here brother?
Are you insinuating I'm lying?
Your posts have been responded to section by section and scripture by scripture showing your error of interpretation with God's WORD. I will leave this false statement of yours between you and God.
My linked posts are proof you don't.
Nope it doesn't as shown with the scriptures and context added back in that shows your interpretation to be a false one. You do not respond to these scripture and posts that disagree with you but will simply quote what has been written to you without addressing the content you are quoting from.

Well that is not true brother. Your only here to argue and not discuss the scriptures that have been provided only in love as a help to you that show your errors of interpretation. Whatever is posted to you as shown in the earlier posts and scriptures in them that disagree with you will not help you because you have chosen not to hear God's WORD so your argument is with God not me.

Hope this helps.
Sorry but you're projecting your opinon on me without evidence. The truth is I don't accept what you post and back it with Scripture quotes and references.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm this is another good example about not addressing all the scriptures or the post that disagrees with you. Can you see what I have been talking about with you here how you are not addressing what is posted to you but simply adding my quote in then not resonding to the content and the scriptures in the post you are quoting from?
So Jesus Christ, the righteous isn't part of the Scripture you quote and base your argument on after you said let's look at it. Pretty amazing.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No one is saying or claiming what you are. While it is God's WORD that says those who claim they are Christian while CONTINUING in KNOWN UNREPTENANT SIN are lying and do not know God *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-6-9. God's WORD teaches us that we will only KNOW GOD if we KNOW that we do not KNOW him and seek him through his WORD and call upon his name. Those who say they see do not see because they are blind. JESUS says; If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, We see; therefore your sin remains *JOHN 9:41.
You say the famous 10 are the full law of God, disregarding the rest of the Book of the Law.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You say the famous 10 are the full law of God, disregarding the rest of the Book of the Law.
This is true. The full law of God is the first 5 books of the Bible, not just the 10 commandments.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I really want to know. I would hope that any posters here will back up their argument with Scripture. Why do you worship on a particular day seems to be a good question?
The day of rest in the nation of Israel at the time of Christ, was the seventh day on the lunar calendar.

The day of worship as distinct from the day of rest, was seen by the early church as the first day.

They are different days, one is a celebration of the risen Christ, the other is defined as not working.

Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Nope I did not. Where does it say that all the laws are in the 10 commandment in what you are quoting from which was...

Yep again it doesn't (strawman)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So Jesus Christ, the righteous isn't part of the Scripture you quote and base your argument on after you said let's look at it. Pretty amazing.

How does what you post here address what you are quoting from here...

Yep it doesn't.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you insinuating I'm lying?
What do you think not telling the truth means?
My linked posts are proof you don't.
Nope not at all. They are proof like you do with many of my posts that you quote parts of my posts and the scriptures in them without addressing the content and scriptures you are quoting from.
Sorry but you're projecting your opinon on me without evidence. The truth is I don't accept what you post and back it with Scripture quotes and references.
Well that has no truth in it. The eviduence is the posts and all the scriptures posted that show your errors of interpretation because you take the scriptures out of context. When the scriptures have the context added back in it shows they do not say what you claim they do and show your errors. Also, further evidence have been shown all through our discussion as your interpretation of the scriptures contradict other scriptures. This should be a warning to you. God's WORD does not contradict God's WORD. If you find your interpretation of the scriptures is conflicting with other scripture it is your interpretation of them not God's WORD.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think I refuse to follow you?Your collective posts prove otherwise. The record doesn't lie. So you can't snooker me by saying you believe Eph 2:8 when you post about unrepentant sin meaning specifically keeping the law (4th commandments). You require works of the law for salvation. You've no idea about redemption of the soul. That was promised long before the law. If there's no violation of law there's no chargeable sin. Rom 5:13.

Once again all I hear are your words over God's WORD not responding to the posts you are quoting from. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear. We all answer only to God come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. If you did not wish to have a discussion just say so. No need to pretend we are while ignoring the posts and all the scriptures in them that disagree with you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So I'm confused about a dead man?
Yes thanks for being honest. That is why you were provided God's WORD which is only sent in LOVE as a help to you.
What does the Scripture say?

Here you go..

ROMANS 6:1-6
[1], What shall we say then? SHALL WE SIN [break God's LAW], that grace may abound?
[2], GOD FORBID. HOW SHALL WE THAT ARE DEAD TO SIN [breaking God's LAW], LIVE ANY LONGER THERE IN?
[3], KNOWN YOU NOT THAT AS MANY OF US THAT WERE BAPTISED INTO JESUS CHRIST WERE BAPTISED INTO HIS DEATH?
[4], Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even SO WE SHOULD WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE.
[6], KNOWING THIS THAT OUR OLD MAN IS CRUCIFIED WITH HIM THAT THE BODY OF SIN [break God's LAW] MIGHT BE DESTROYED THAT WE SHOULD NOT SERVE SIN [break God's LAW].

ROMANS 6:10-16
[10], For in that he died, he died to sin once: but in that he lives, he lives to God.
[11], LIKEWISE RECKON YOU ALSO TO BE DEAD INDEED TO SIN [breaking God's LAW], BUT ALIVE TO GOD THROUGH OUT LORD JESUS CHRIST.
[12], LET NO SIN [breaking God's LAW] REIGN IN YOUR MORTAL BODY , that you should obey it in the lusts thereof.
[13], Neither yield you your members as instruments of UNRIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO SIN [breaking God's LAW]: BUT YEILD YOURSELF TO GOD AS THOSE THAT ARE ALIVE FROM THE DEAD, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
[14], For SIN [breaking God's LAW] SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU: for you are not under the law, but under grace.
[15], What then? SHALL WE SIN [breaking God's LAW], because we are not under the law, but under grace? GOD FORBID.
[16], Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of SIN [breaking God's LAW] UNTO DEATH, or of obedience to righteousness?

links to...

NOTE: Same thoughts explained in Romans 6 but Romans 7 using the example of marriage

[5], For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit to death.

NOTE: The flesh [G4561 sinful human nature] is the OLD MAN that must be crucified with Christ in order for us to be married to another [The Spirit] 6v5

[1], THERE IS THEREFORE NOW NO CONDEMNATION TO THEM WHICH ARE IN CHRIST JESUS, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2], FOR THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS HAS MADE ME FREE FROM THE LAW OF SIN [breaking God's Law] AND DEATH [Sins penalty - Romans 6:23].
[4], THAT THE RIGHTOUESNESS OF THE LAW MIGHT BE FULFILLED IN US, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT.

ROMANS 8:13 For if you live after the flesh, you shall die: but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, you shall live.

CONCLUSION: When the OLD MAN OF SIN dies we are free to marry another (CHRIST) and walk in NEWNESS of LIFE not to FOLLOW SIN by BELIEVEING and FOLLOWING GOD's WORD. THOSE who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will die because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 8:13; HEBREWS 10:26-27; ROMANS 6:23

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0