Why is the day of worship controversial?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I really want to know. I would hope that any posters here will back up their argument with Scripture. Why do you worship on a particular day seems to be a good question?

The day of Christian worship is Sunday. The matter was resolved long ago.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I really want to know. I would hope that any posters here will back up their argument with Scripture. Why do you worship on a particular day seems to be a good question?

"The seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" Ex 20:10
"from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Isaiah 66:23
Gentiles specifically singled out for Sabbath keeping Isaiah 56:6-8
Lev 23:2-3 the seventh day Sabbath is a day of solemn assembly, a day for holy convocation.
Rev 14:12 the saints "keep the Commandments of God and and their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12
where the "first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment Eph 6:2

======================

So that addresses the question in the OP

What about the question in the title?

If the texts are accepted as God's text of scripture on the subject of "a weekly day of worship" -- then -- Why are those texts controversial?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

But not according to the Bible.

There is no"week day 1 is the day of Christian worship" in the Bible
Nor is there "every week day 1 we gather for worship" in the Bible.
Nor is there "we call week-day-1 the Lord's day" in the Bible.
Nor is there "we meet on week-day-1 in remembrance of the resurrection" in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Because a man who was working on the sabbath day died, and every one said it was God because he was working on the sabbath day.

I do not want to die or get hurt because I disobey Gods commandments.

And how can we follow the commandment if its the wrong day?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Nor is there "we meet on week-day-1 in remembrance of the resurrection" in the Bible.

Why on earth does every last one of the original apostolic Churches worship on Sunday?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Why on earth does every last one of the original apostolic Churches worship on Sunday?

Traditions that evolved over time

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JazzHands
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Learn the difference between those who do what they are supposed to do,
and those who don't.... as written in - throughout - all Scripture.

Jesus says Yahweh (God) is seeking those worshipers to serve Him who worship in spirit and in truth. Every day , doing what the Father says do.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:
Lev 23
‘These are my appointed festivals, the appointed festivals of the Lord, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies.
3 “‘There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a Sabbath to the Lord.

It is one of the days of holy convocation, sacred assembly even though it is not limited to "yearly"

Is 66:23 "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship"

And at one point someone asked 'what does from mean'?

1 Sam 2:19
19 And his mother would make him a little robe and bring it to him from year to year when she would come up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice.

19 Moreover his mother made him a little coat, and brought it to him from year to year, when she came up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

"on a particular day" so then we are not talking about daily devotions. But rather a "day of worship" (I assume)

THey worshipped every day , in spirit and in truth,

IF they were Ekklesia (true believers).

If the context for the question is "do you have daily devotions every day" -- then "yes"

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

We have been talking with you for ages now and back up everything that is claimed with God's WORD which you seem to ignore or disagree with. This thread is simply a diversion from your claims made in other threads. When shown your errors you choose to ignore the posts and scrioptures that disagree with you. Will posting the scriptures in this thread make any difference? Always happy to do so if it helps.

The issue has NEVER been about what day you worship God on this is a red herring. We should worship God EVERYDAY. This has never been the issue. The issue is about SIN and breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is *ROMANS 3:20.

God's 10 Commandments give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS as shown in the scriptures *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4 and PSALMS 119:172.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten commandments (EXODUS 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (JAMES 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (HEBREWS 10:26-27)

God's 4th Commandment says...

EXODUS 20:8-11
[8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day)
[9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
[10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY>
[11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

The issue here is not about whorshipping God it is about SIN and KEEPING the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH AS A HOLY DAY that NO WORK is to be done (none of our own work). Which includes all business, buying and selling and domestic work.

There is not one scripture in all of God’s WORD that says God’s 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a HOLY day.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In fact here is something to think about....

Where does it say in God's WORD? (Scripture please)

1. That God's 4th commandments 7th day Sabbath has been abolished?

2. That Jesus is a Sabbath?

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

4. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

5. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

6. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

7. That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

8. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

12. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

13. That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

15. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

16. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

20. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

21. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

22. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

23. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

25. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

26. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

You do not have to answer these questions if your not able to. They should at the very least give you something to pray about and think about if your serious to follow God's WORD.

God's sheep hear his Voice (the Word)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Because a man who was working on the sabbath day died, and every one said it was God because he was working on the sabbath day.

I do not want to die or get hurt because I disobey Gods commandments.

And how can we follow the commandment if its the wrong day?

Or... because... "the saints keep the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:`1
or .. because "do we then abolish the law of God by our faith? God forbid! in fact we establish the LAW" Rom 3:31
or .. because "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19
or... because "this IS the Love of God - that we KEEP His commandments" 1 John 5:2-3

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If the context for the question is "do you have daily devotions every day" -- then "yes"
Not even remotely so - ALL DAY, every service, every word, every action,
even washing dishes or cutting grass ,
let all things be service , worship, in truth to Yahweh, walking in union with Him daily, Echad, per Jesus Prayer John 17 et al

The (faithful) Jews considered all life, all activities , to be holy, to be set apart, not some holy and some secular....

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It is only the Seventh-Day Adventists and a few others who make it controversial.

Or people who want to follow Gods commandments.

With that said, the sabbath is given to us, we where not given to the sabbath. Just as Jesus said.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Or people who want to follow Gods commandments.

With that said, the sabbath is given to us, we where not given to the sabbath. Just as Jesus said.
Sure, because Christians didn't obey the commandments until Ellen White arrived.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Sure, because Christians didn't obey the commandments until Ellen White arrived.

I did , most my life with imperfections=aka, still sinning but with repentance. And I have no ides who she even is.

Upvote 0