Why Is Someone Deserving Of Having Their Sin Washed Away Just Because Jesus Died On A Cross?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since my previous post was censored, I have a different question why are people that believe in Jesus deserving of having their sins washed away if God hates Sin? It is interesting to me that Christians get it both ways their God hates Sin however just believe in Jesus and you are forgiven, how is that just explain it to me. Don't get me wrong, I do stuff that is classified as sin in the bible all the time however I don't pretend to think that I should be forgiven for any of it, If the bible holds the standards we should all be judged by.
why are people that believe in Jesus deserving of having their sins washed away
They do not deserve having sins washed away, they did not earn it, it is a gift from God for those who accept Jesus as savior.

Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since my previous post was censored, I have a different question why are people that believe in Jesus deserving of having their sins washed away if God hates Sin? It is interesting to me that Christians get it both ways their God hates Sin however just believe in Jesus and you are forgiven, how is that just explain it to me. Don't get me wrong, I do stuff that is classified as sin in the bible all the time however I don't pretend to think that I should be forgiven for any of it, If the bible holds the standards we should all be judged by.
no man u don't get the point
Christ died for whole world , for ungodly , he died for you too and for me.
People don't suffer in Lake of Fire because they did one sin or another no matter if its murder or lie cuz it was paid off on cross , they suffer because they Reject Holy Spirit after having the gospel presented to them and they refuse to be born again.
According to Bible they have no excuse at all , Lake of fire was never meant to be place for humans but for wicked Angels a prison for them.
Humans don't have excuse because:
a) It's free gift
b) It's clear to everybody that God exist and that they're his creation
c) We know good or evil , to know something we must either know everything or have somebody who knows everything reveal it to us

Upvote 0

EpicScore

Sep 16, 2017
✟41,079.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:23-24)

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

The very essence of Christian teaching is that ALL people have rebelled against God and because of that sin, we deserve His judgment and wrath. But because God is also merciful, He offers Himself on the cross to take that punishment. Those who had accepted Jesus as saviour would thus no longer need to bear the punishments for our sins because it's been paid for.

Some theologians have compared it to a monetary transaction. Let's say you accumulated a billion dollar debt that you can't pay for. God offers to pay that debt for you, and you can either accept or reject that offer. If you accept it, then your debt is settled and you are free. If you reject it, then your debts remain and you'll have to face the consequences of not paying them.

It has nothing to do about whether or not the one who received that freedom "deserved" it. We don't.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We're not deserving, God's forgiveness is an act of mercy. Mercy is undeserved.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They do not deserve having sins washed away, they did not earn it, it is a gift from God for those who accept Jesus as savior.

God bless you for revealing that truth!

John 3 says we must be born again. Unless we are born again we can't accept Jesus as our savior. And then John 3 goes on to explain:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Jesus doesn't automatically save everyone in the world. There is a distinction between believers(sheep) and unbelievers(goats).

The deeds of believers are wrought in God. God begins the new work so that we can know a Christian from one who is not. Jesus said:

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word.
My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

1 John 2:3
By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments.

I'm not assuming you don't know this. I believe you do. Hopefully others are reading these verses, too.

New Living Translation
Philippians 1:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

English Standard Version
Philippians 1:6
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Romans 8 KJV
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Christian love and prayers for each one who reads this post. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You can easily find the answer to your question if you would just read the "Word of God" (that is the Bible, if you don't know that, friend). Why not try reading John 3; John 14; Romans 8, as starters and hear God trying to speak to you? Salvation and blessings in life and for eternity is found in God's "...beloved Son", and He gave us His immutable Word. One can go on speculating and wondering if they choose, but I advise one look to God as He calls us and not challenge Him.

We all deserve the wrath of God, but He knows we are weak in the flesh and Satan is ever working to stir up our flesh. God loves His children, though we fail much --this is IF we are His children by faith in the Lord Jesus. God does not judge us as always needing punishment (nor should we toward our children or others). Look up!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The cross although entirely forgiving sin does not give licence to sin. The bible says in many places that the believer "should not sin". The fact is that we all have a lower nature, called the flesh in the Bible. Desires to do things that God says are wrong. The bible makes it clear that the only way to beat the "flesh" is to be living in the "Spirit". Living in the Spirit is spending time with God. Allowing God's presence to strengthen us.

Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Christianity is all about obedience, but it only comes as we spend time with God, in prayer, and learn His will by reading the Bible.

There are many Christians out there who live defeated lives, sloppily going from sin to sin. In reality, they need to be abiding, spending more time with Christ.

Upvote 0