USA
✟22,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
I am not doubting God or saying that Jesus is not the Savior. But having a hard trusting Him. The interesting thing that everything seams to be fine but I am not understanding how the here and now is going to work in my future. Which gets me to think what is He doing for me?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are strong in some areas of faith and weak in others. What enables us to trust is recollecting His faithfulness in other areas and resting in the belief that He will do the same once more.

That’s where gratitude comes in and why the practice is popular. It settles the mind and stops the whirling. The most liberating thing for me is admitting when I’m uncertain or fail to understand what’s happening. I ask for help.

And when I’m settled I have a head check and discover the bigger issue. Sometimes its ignorance. Others it’s fear. And sometimes things aren’t moving fast enough and doubt rears its head. Not because I doubt. I’m ready for more and He’s not moving.

After a while I come to my senses and forget I was bothered by it all. That’s when peace and contentment take root.

Reactions: Single Life
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not doubting God or saying that Jesus is not the Savior. But having a hard trusting Him. The interesting thing that everything seams to be fine but I am not understanding how the here and now is going to work in my future. Which gets me to think what is He doing for me?

I'm not sure what your going thru is that uncommon. Trusting God can go to police officers not fearing death, firemen, military, having courage to rise as a politician or musician (good music :)), or actor (good films :)), etc. Even fasting can require trust in God.

I also find it difficult to trust God with my life and safety. But the bible warns us not to be fearful, so I'm working on it.

I would look back at your life and count your blessings and in that way see that God has cared for you all these years. And I believe if you seek him he can show you that he has taken care of you all these years.

We learn from the scriptures about how God feeds the birds and how much better we are then birds. Matthew 6:26-27

And that means to me that God guides us by providing thoughts and feelings that we are unaware of that keep us going and finding things in life. Look back and apply that kind of thinking.

Also, if you feel it's OK, can you share with us why you feel this way?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks apart of it is fear yet the Lord says fear not.

Yes He does. But He knows we are brave and scared at times. We have to build our confidence in that space. It doesn’t diminish what exists or our hope. It’s another rung in Him. Pushing us lower and closer too.

We put on the armor of God for Satan. But He wants us vulnerable and naked. What you’re experiencing is exposing you in ways that can be uncomfortable but the layers must be peeled in order to reach the root.

All the rest is in the way. You’ll be deceived by what you thought and felt until you encounter the truth way down beneath. Sometimes it scares us. So we keep it at bay out of fear. And tell ourselves a different story.

Its safer and we needn’t worry about disappointment or getting hurt. But the truth won’t be silenced. And the more we fight it. The louder it gets.

But fear not. He already knows. :)

• Winner
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have been a Christian for over 20 something years but in this season I am having a hard time trusting that God has a plan for me.

Some people are so damaged and weak that God will simply lead them to a safe and secure life. Stronger, more able people are chosen for mighty works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's been several years now, about the same number of years as you, that through God's grace I was born again in God's Holy Spirit. I've been through a few rough patches over the years too. But I'm overjoyed as I recall that it was God who chose me, and made sure I heard the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, and gave me the gift of faith to believe.

I'm awestruck by His power, overwhelmed by His humility, over what Jesus did for me, how he suffered on the cross, bloodied and bruised, broken and humiliated before those who crucified Him, until that last moment before He expired, as He looked up to God the Father in heaven and said, "it is finished."

That's what God did for me. Jesus is LORD, He is my Master. He takes care of my every need. I'm reminded of Paul's greeting in the first verse of his Epistle to Titus.

Titus 1:1 (HCSB) [Greeting] Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to build up the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness,

Stay in the Word, brother, stay in the Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0