Feb 5, 2011
✟249,905.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So let's just see what America believes about what the president has done. Do they want him and all he brings in the office or don't they. He didn't commit any crimes
This is short sighted.

Saying "Do they want him and all he brings in the office" as if it excuses the offense.
I really like that dad gives me ice creams, takes me to the amusement parks, plays with me and does lots of fun things. Yeah, it's pretty bad that he gets drunk from time to time and beats me up bad, but its a small price to pay for all those good times.

Also you need to consider the precedent. What rules do you want consistently applied when "the other party" is in power?
Do you want a Dem president to withhold USA assets/aid in order to get a foreign country to fabricate and publicly announce a criminal investigation into the president's political opponents (without any evidence to support the investigation)?
Do you think it would be fine for them to stone wall all Congressional subpoenas, force them to run through all the layers of courts (takes years) and simultaneously argue in the courts that it is a Congressional (political) matter and not a legal matter and hence out of the purview of the courts?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,905.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We all agree that he asked Ukraine to cooperate with the US investigation of corruption ...
Many people don't agree with this.

Trump doesn't care at all about thwarting corruption. He never mentioned corruption in his "perfect" call. He has no evidence at all regarding the Bidens being involved in corruption.
And according to testimony, he didn't actually want an investigation done, just a public announcement of an investigation.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟555,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yeah, I'm not going to wade through three hours of far-right propaganda. Any chance you could point to the timestamps that answer my questions?

How do you know it's propaganda and not accurate information without going through it? You want us to go through everything all the time. Now it's your turn.

I read through the stuff you wanted me to read through and didn't find the facts to support your claims and asked you to specifically show me where they are located. You didn't do that. Instead you just kept posting the link. Now you want someone to do that for you.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Many people don't agree with this.

Trump doesn't care at all about thwarting corruption. He never mentioned corruption in his "perfect" call. He has no evidence at all regarding the Bidens being involved in corruption.
And according to testimony, he didn't actually want an investigation done, just a public announcement of an investigation.

I don't care if they agree. That's exactly what he said. You don't have to agree with me on this. But it's pretty hard to argue with facts.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,905.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't care if they agree. That's exactly what he said. You don't have to agree with me on this. But it's pretty hard to argue with facts.
The facts are:
1. Trump didn't mention "corruption" in his "perfect" call with Zelenski.
2. Trump has no evidence whatsoever of the Bidens doing anything wrong.
3. The aid had already been given the OK to be released by all the proper channels who officially do all the due diligence.
4. Neither Biden were involved with Ukraine in 2019 so what was Trump worried about with regards to this aid?
5. Trump couldn't name any corruption that was going on in Ukraine. All he was interested in was getting an investigation into the Biden's publicly announced.

Those are the facts.

• Agree
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,172.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How do you know it's propaganda and not accurate information without going through it?

It was a tentative conclusion based on the source. I skimmed it a bit, didn't see a direct answer to my question, and moved on. If there's anything worthwhile there I'm sure I'll get a link to the information I was asking for rather than excuses and distractions.

• Agree
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,172.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The facts are:
3. The aid had already been given the OK to be released by all the proper channels who officially do all the due diligence.
4. Neither Biden were involved with Ukraine in 2019 so what was Trump worried about with regards to this aid?
5. Trump couldn't name any corruption that was going on in Ukraine. All he was interested in was getting an investigation into the Biden's publicly announced.

Those are the facts.
6 - There's was no evidence of a DoJ investigation into corruption, so as far as anyone can tell, there was nothing to cooperate with there in the first place. There as a political ad campaign coming up that needed some extra help, though.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The facts are:

Those are the facts.

1. So what? Trump had already expressed his concerns about Ukraine corruption in the past. Proving he was concerned about it.
2. He had all the evidence in the world to want an investigation based upon Bidens actions and his video.
3. Trump released the aid before the deadline and not after.
4. Biden was involved in the situation of demanding a prosecutor get fired or Ukraine wasn't getting any money. Interestingly enough it happened while Burisma was being investigated and Hunter was going to be called to testify.
5. It wasn't just corruption in Ukraine itself, but corruption that Biden may have been involved in.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times
Hunter Biden Was Going to be Interviewed in Burisma Investigation: Former Prosecutor

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
1. Trump was trying to corrupt Ukraine with the Biden investigation for weapons deal.
2. Trump had allegations with no evidence.
3. Trump released the aid because he was caught out.
4. Biden did nothing of the sort because he had no power to demand it.
4. When Burisma popped up, Hunter was long gone.
5. It was the corruption of Trump accusing Biden when Biden was guilty of . . . nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: stevil
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,905.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
2. He had all the evidence in the world to want an investigation based upon Bidens actions and his video.
There is no evidence to justify an investigation into the Bidens.
The video of Joe talking about holding up aid in order to get Shokin removed is not in anyway an indicator of any wrongdoing on Biden's behalf.
It was Biden's job to get Shokin removed, it was an international effort. He was tasked with it. And he achieved it. Biden and his family received no personal benefit.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
1. Trump was trying to corrupt Ukraine with the Biden investigation for weapons deal.
5. It was the corruption of Trump accusing Biden when Biden was guilty of . . . nothing.

Opinions only. Very little actual facts here.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,172.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
1. So what? Trump had already expressed his concerns about Ukraine corruption in the past. Proving he was concerned about it.

So concerned that he did nothing to stop aid going there in the first few years of his administration.

That only started when he needed a "favor" from their president.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Now that the impeachment charade is over, we can finally get an investigation of Biden going: https://www.axios.com/chuck-grassle...ine-4b0cd790-af3b-4102-a6e3-d8295992d559.html

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Aldebaran, no investigation of the Bidens will happen.

McConnell and Graham have been told they will go to prison if they do.

Got a link for that?

Upvote 0