Why is nobody speaking of open acts of espionage?

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Espionage (colloquially, spying) is the obtaining of information considered secret or confidential without the permission of the holder of the information.Espionage can be committed by an individual or a spy ring (a cooperating group of spies), in the service of a government or a company, or operating independently. The practice is inherently clandestine, as it is by definition unwelcome and in many cases illegal and punishable by law. Espionage is a subset of "intelligence" gathering, which includes espionage as well as information gathering from public sources
Phone conversations between heads of State are protected communication executed over encrypted lines. This is the highest level of privileged communication, Anyone who has access to this communique is fully vetted and holds clearances for the position.

It is an act of espionage to listen to a telephone conversation, transcribe that conversation and give it to the press, or anyone outside the chain of command.

Trump tells Duterte of two U.S. nuclear subs in Korean waters: NYT

Quote: Trump told Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Washington had "a lot of firepower over there", according to the New York Times, which quoted a transcript of an April 29 call between the two.

Quote: According to the Times, a senior Trump administration official in Washington, who was not authorized to publicly discuss the call and insisted on anonymity, confirmed the transcript was an accurate representation of the call between the two leaders.

That is espionage, who did this, who knew they were and why isn't anyone talking about it?

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
And once again, Trump supporters scramble to try and change the discussion from the president's indiscretions to the indiscretion of those reporting on those indiscretions.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And once again, Trump supporters scramble to try and change the discussion from the president's indiscretions to the indiscretion of those reporting on those indiscretions.

If you are referring to me you are incorrect. I support no politician of any office. This way it is easier to pray for them as all Christians should do for those in office. ;)

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If you are referring to me you are incorrect. I support no politician of any office. This way it is easier to pray for them as all Christians should do for those in office. ;)
If you don't feel addressed, you don't have to act as if you were.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,393.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Espionage (colloquially, spying) is the obtaining of information considered secret or confidential without the permission of the holder of the information.Espionage can be committed by an individual or a spy ring (a cooperating group of spies), in the service of a government or a company, or operating independently. The practice is inherently clandestine, as it is by definition unwelcome and in many cases illegal and punishable by law. Espionage is a subset of "intelligence" gathering, which includes espionage as well as information gathering from public sources
Phone conversations between heads of State are protected communication executed over encrypted lines. This is the highest level of privileged communication, Anyone who has access to this communique is fully vetted and holds clearances for the position.

It is an act of espionage to listen to a telephone conversation, transcribe that conversation and give it to the press, or anyone outside the chain of command.

Quote: Trump told Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Washington had "a lot of firepower over there", according to the New York Times, which quoted a transcript of an April 29 call between the two.

Quote: According to the Times, a senior Trump administration official in Washington, who was not authorized to publicly discuss the call and insisted on anonymity, confirmed the transcript was an accurate representation of the call between the two leaders.

That is espionage, who did this, who knew they were and why isn't anyone talking about it?
What statute or executive order are you relying on to support your conclusion that telephone statements between heads of states are classified?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When a news source gives such a vague reference, good chance such a person is only trying to muddy up the waters...

This really is a country controlled by the media...
The media is mad because they didn't get to be the ones to choose who would be in the White House. Their plan to build up Trump during the primaries and then take him down during the debates with the Access Hollywood tape so that their candidate, Hillary Clinton would win, failed and backfired on them.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

The media here got the information from Duterte's transcript that he provided.

Trump Duterte Transcript

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone else think it's cool how Donald congratulates Rodrigo on how well he controls his country's drug problem? Since Donald's proposed budget is cutting out help for opioid addiction, maybe he'll take up his buddy's solution. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,524.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Yeah. This was dealt with in another thread.
I don't expect the jets to cool, but I still say...
cool-your-jets.png

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lot of these people don't actually care about the security of the state or its secrets, they just want a reason to go after Trump.
The leaks are from the very people Trump chose in many cases.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I robbed a bank ... who was the bad guy who called the police?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

I seem to remember these same people telling me that it was fantastic we were learning about Hillary and DNC problems due to Wikileaks. I maintain that I don't like any leaking of this kind, but then again I like to be that thing call consistent and not the thing that rhymes with hippo-grits.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you prove that claim?
Who else is in on private meetings? BTW, how does one expect corruption to be exposed without inside information getting leaked?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I'm failing to understand why the source of the espionage makes a difference.

The active still the same whether it's from our own people or a foreign source it's still illegal.

Well, if the transcript was given out from one of the countries involved, I'm not sure it qualifies as espionage.

Upvote 0