Why is my mom obsessed with wanting to meet my boyfriend?

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm getting close to 40 so ot's not like I'm a teen. My mom want to meet him badly. IDK why. We're still in the courting stage of dating & still on ynr fence about marriage.
Cause no matter how big you get or how old you are, you'll always be her daughter
and she is still your mum.
Besides she wants to check him out and see if he is good enough for you.
Parental approval is a part of family.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

aioema valita

Oct 19, 2017
auckland
✟8,128.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A mother will always wanted to provide the best for her child. We only have one mother, and there is no other love like the mother's Love. Why so hard to let her meet your boyfriend? If you loss your mother, who you're going to turn to if your BF breaks your heart, who's going to care for you in good and in bad time, only a mother does that. So please give her a chance to meet with him and see her response and you can make your decision if you dont like it but bare in mind that an advice from a mother or a father is always the best. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some moms are just like that. I was in my 40s, married and had kids. But she told me once that I was still her 5 year old little boy.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm getting close to 40 so ot's not like I'm a teen. My mom want to meet him badly. IDK why. We're still in the courting stage of dating & still on ynr fence about marriage.

*But you say that you know why in the thread I copied/pasted below...

Family pressuring me to meet my boyfriend
Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by carebear1, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Jun 18, 2017

carebear1New Member
    Sorry if this question is in wrong forum.
    The rest of my family doesn't seem to intrude too much why I haven't brought him around yet. My boyfriend and I started out as friends then gradually, over a year now, we have grown closer and began dating. Actually, he doesn't seem all that interested in meeting my family. I met his parents several times and they seem to like me. I see us being together long-term, marriage is a possibility.

By the way, we are both Christians

I really don't care either way, I'm not overly close to my family and rather keep my distance from them for reasons I feel are valid. I know for a fact if I brought him to meet the family, my mom would ask him lots of questions about his personal life, just to be nosey, same with my dad asking about his financial situation like how much money he makes.

My boyfriend & I are introverts preferring our quiet time alone together or spending time with our close friends. We don't want people asking a bunch of questions about ourselves like a job interview.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're nearing 40 and you need to ask why she is so interested in meeting your boyfriend? She's your mother, she loves you, she is concerned for you. And guess what? When you're 80 she'll still be your mother, and just as concerned for your well being. So when your mother asks to meet him. Be grateful! You have a mother who loves you! And stop whining about her.

Upvote 0