• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why is my life like this?

Aug 20, 2010
✟8,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand. I try to be an honest person, and do what's right. My life feels like a merry-go-ground going so fast I'm getting sick but I can't get off of. The one man I'm interested in I want to connect with it doesn't look like it is going to happen. My boss lies, and manipulates people and yet he met the woman he is planning to marry in a fairy-tale/movie like circumstance, and has a successful business and is wealthy. It feels like I almost never get rewarded for taking the high road. I just wish for once, I could have something I most wanted. Even when I reach out I seem to come up short of it. It seems like it is one disapointment after another, and I have to be satisfied with less than what I most want. I'm tired, and I'm discouraged.

Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate all my blessings and don't want them taken away. I just want for once to be able to have what I most want in life, be it work wise, the guy I'm interested, etc.

Sorry not trying to discourage anyone. Please pray for me and the circumstance I am in especially about the guy? My heart is really fragile right now.

Thanks.

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I get it.

I've been saving myself for a mate and still don't have one. You'd think being a V at 34 would mean something, but it only means being sexually frustrated and angry. I too have many other blessings, and I make sure I give thanks for them everyday, but that doesn't negate the fact that I'd still like a lifemate.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will definitely pray for you both. And I get. Sometimes I grow weary in doing good, even though the Bible promises that "in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart." Sometimes we just have to live on the promise and the One who made it.

A verse that recently helped me a whole lot was when I read something from Charles Stanley and he used the translation of "Be still, and know that I am God," that reads "Cease striving, and know that I am God." It really spoke to me. I hope it helps you too.

Prayers,
a

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SMacGregor

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
✟7,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Life is full of lessons. Most of the lessons we learn in life come from experiencing a negative emotion.
This emotional “baggage” can be a real curse. We can often let it hang around in our mind creating further negativity. We know that negative thoughts attract negative thoughts … and this can lead to fear and anxietyhttp://www.calm.com.au/products_lis...s+No.+18+-+Overcoming+Worry+&+Anxiousness, lack of self confidence and self esteem, depressionhttp://www.calm.com.au/products_lis...ace+Series+No.+19+-+Moving+Through+Depression, illness, disease, and more.

It's really important to express your feelings and talk about events.

Regards,
Sandy MacGregor

Upvote 0

Bobby64

Jun 23, 2012
Somewhere
✟16,666.00
Country
Gambia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Read Psalm 73:1-20. It talks about how, in the end, the wicked will be punished and fail, even if they’re prospering now: you must be faithful to realize this. Those who don't repent will eventually reap what they've sown, even if it's not in this life.

Upvote 0