• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,684.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My family is probably one of the worst families in the world. No one seems to care about each other and they all despise each other. I will list below all the reasons why:
My dad is angry a lot
My grandparents aren't bothered about me or my family - never ever visit us or want to do anything with us.
I see threads on here with people concerned about their nephews etc. while I think I've only ever gone out with one of my auntie/uncle once on a day out whilst never had any connection with the rest of them. One of my other uncle/auntie has done their best to ignore me when they saw me in a shop. They were right behind me and ignored me lol.
Also, my grandparent stayed at my uncles' house in Spain and when there didn't want to do anything with the grandchildren. He was told then told that his house isnt a hotel so that relationship ended there. When that uncle came over to my home country he went to grandparent house with my cousin to say hello. My grandparent was having dinner and then told my uncle does he thinks his house is a hotel and that he can come anytime he like? My uncle ended his trip there and took the earliest flight home to Spain.
After my parents got married my auntie lied to my grandparent that my mum was really rude to her. I've no idea why but my mum apologised and gave flowers to say sorry even though did nothing bad.
My grandparents lied so they wouldn't have to come to our house on Christmas day. They said when they told my auntie that they'd be coming to our house that my auntie burst into tears. So then they decided to go to their house apparently. My mum and dad asked my auntie about that story and she says that was all lies.
I see lots of closely knit families all the time and I am very jealous. It must be nice to have a group of closely knit people that all love each other. My family is just a pack of nasty hateful loser dogs!

• Prayers
Reactions: 1 person

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My family is probably one of the worst families in the world. No one seems to care about each other and they all despise each other. I will list below all the reasons why:
My dad is angry a lot
My grandparents aren't bothered about me or my family - never ever visit us or want to do anything with us.
I see threads on here with people concerned about their nephews etc. while I think I've only ever gone out with one of my auntie/uncle once on a day out whilst never had any connection with the rest of them. One of my other uncle/auntie has done their best to ignore me when they saw me in a shop. They were right behind me and ignored me lol.
Also, my grandparent stayed at my uncles' house in Spain and when there didn't want to do anything with the grandchildren. He was told then told that his house isnt a hotel so that relationship ended there. When that uncle came over to my home country he went to grandparent house with my cousin to say hello. My grandparent was having dinner and then told my uncle does he thinks his house is a hotel and that he can come anytime he like? My uncle ended his trip there and took the earliest flight home to Spain.
After my parents got married my auntie lied to my grandparent that my mum was really rude to her. I've no idea why but my mum apologised and gave flowers to say sorry even though did nothing bad.
My grandparents lied so they wouldn't have to come to our house on Christmas day. They said when they told my auntie that they'd be coming to our house that my auntie burst into tears. So then they decided to go to their house apparently. My mum and dad asked my auntie about that story and she says that was all lies.
I see lots of closely knit families all the time and I am very jealous. It must be nice to have a group of closely knit people that all love each other. My family is just a pack of nasty hateful loser dogs!
One of the benefits of giving your life to Christ is becoming grafted in the family tree of believers. I don't think I can provide much help as to the reason for the problems for your family. But if this is something that is really bothering you, and I see you are a "seeker", there is no closer bond than the spiritual bond between believers. We have to if we are going to spend eternity with each other :). What do you say? Would you like to know more? Would you like to give your life to Christ now?

Upvote 0

SinoBen

May 23, 2018
Brisbane
✟21,698.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dad is angry a lot

There seem to be a lot of unforgiveness in the family. Without the fear of God, our egos take control. There could also be generational sins.

A powerful solution you can try is fasting and praying. Try fasting for one day a week, then two days a week, then three days a week. Drink water only, drink a lot, if you can do it and if you are willing. In prayer, focus on Jesus Christ your redeemer and healer.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My immediate family weren't Christians. I don't need to tell you whether they were horrible, tolerable, or nice.

Titus 3
3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. 4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Christians can pray for tolerance toward unbelievers because unbelievers are still under the power of Satan. We can pray for God to bless them with faith and forgiveness.

It's only by the grace of God that God gave me faith. I wasn't raised in a Christian home. I didn't know Christian relatives when I was growing up. The joy of the Lord is my strength, because He has blessed me so much. Life isn't easy when families are dysfunctional, but we can learn what is good and what isn't. And we can behave as we wish others would.

Don't be discouraged, because many people have experienced the same or worse. When we feel sad about our own situations, we can go to God for comfort.

I will pray for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Reactions: forlovingHim
Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,684.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There seem to be a lot of unforgiveness in the family. Without the fear of God, our egos take control. There could also be generational sins.

A powerful solution you can try is fasting and praying. Try fasting for one day a week, then two days a week, then three days a week. Drink water only, drink a lot, if you can do it and if you are willing. In prayer, focus on Jesus Christ your redeemer and healer.
I go to the gym. I kind of need to eat.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My family is similar in a lot ways, though not as bad as it used to be. I never met my mom's dad (I wish I had, since he was a WWII veteran) and my mom's mom died when I was a baby. So I've pretty much only ever known my grandparents on my dad's side. And those are the grandparents we've always had a strained relationship with, of course... We were neighbors for awhile, and I can remember many times my dad and grandpa were in front of the house yelling at each other about something. It just seemed like there were thunderclouds overhead perpetually and at any moment lightning could strike. When I was very little, I thought it was kind of exciting. But as I got older, it began to hurt... And I lost a lot of respect for adults in general.

Every Christmas, when everyone got together, there would be yelling between some relatives and someone would always end up in tears or storm away to the car and leave early.

We went camping with our grandparents every summer for a long time, which was usually a lot of fun. But my grandpa would always end up in a really bad mood halfway through and start saying hurtful things and mocking us. The last year, he simply went home leaving us with our grandma. But we didn't even know, as we thought he'd just driven away for supplies or something. Suddenly our dad drove up to take us home and we were all confused about what was going on! He told us he saw our grandpa back at home watching TV, and my grandma started crying. Finally, my dad relented and said we could keep camping as we'd planned and he would convince our grandpa to return. Which he did, thankfully.

There has been conflict between my parents, also. It felt like basically every day during my teenage years there was some shouting between my mom and dad and sometimes it could go on for literally an entire afternoon! We kids had no place to go for escape since we lived in a rural area and had no nearby friends. So we had to just continue on as if everything was normal and pretend the shouting wasn't there. On two occasions, with zero warning my mom ran outside and let out a blood-curdling scream! I really thought someone was dead! But she was just angry. The second time, my dad blamed it on me when I actually had nothing to do with it. It was traumatic... They always apologized to us, but sometimes it felt empty.

After that second time, I seriously considered running away from home and was really one step away from it. I stood at the end of our drive for awhile trying to decide whether to just leave for good and find a new family to adopt me or something. Only because my dad had just read us a book about a kid ran away from home and all the problems it caused the family, I decided to stay. Because I still loved them, despite the hurt and anger.

So, as I said, things are better now. With my grandparents, it's still strained, but there is much less yelling than in the past. My parents have their moments and my grandparents can still be hurtful in their special way, but I think we have come to understand each other better over time and recognize where some of the emotions and confusion comes from. There's a lot of dark moments in our family's history and a lot of our relatives have scars from those experiences.

So I would guess something similar is going on in your family. If there are young children involved, it increases tenfold.

I actually admire my parents immensely, because in the beginning they were really the only true Christians in our family. Everyone else called themselves Christians, but no one had truly given their life to Christ. So my parents had to deal with all that mess continuously, and try to raise godly children of their own in the midst of it. There was always opposition to how they raised us, but over time as our relatives saw how we were different from most kids, my parents gained a ton of respect.

So, as others have said, I would encourage you to give your life to Jesus if you haven't, because that's where peace will start. And then, through you, like with my mom and dad, perhaps others will do the same and over time your family will transform into a family you can love and be proud of.

And for now, the Church family is definitely an excellent refuge. Not perfect either, but I think you will find some peace of mind and people who truly care about you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Something to think about:

“You may feel lost and alone. But God knows where you are and has a good plan for your future.”
~author unknown~

“The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.”
~Anonymous~

"People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world."
― Kim Culbertson

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."
– Anne Frank

"If there are things you don't like in the world you grew up in, make your own life different. "
~Dave Thomas

May the Lord fill your day with joy, peace, and laughter.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't it be great if we all loved each other?
I know it seems like an impossibility, but it is not too late. Take for example this forum which consists mostly of Christians. Christians who don't know you and probably will never meet you in person. But there is a genuine love for you that cannot be easily expressed. You are loved because you are created in the image of the God of all comfort. How much more will you be able to experience this love by getting connected with a body of believers, like your local church. I pray that you are to experience such a love from Christ that you will be radically changed. I pray that your change will be a witness to your family and when they see how much you love them, they will be drawn to Christ as well.

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
My dad is angry a lot

So sorry that your family is like that. Mine is broken as well.

It could always be worse. I complained about my family until a friend told me what her family did to her and suffice it to say that I'm glad I was spared from the horrors she had to go through.

I too sometimes envy other friends' families though. I'm lucky that a couple of those families have basically made me a member :) I remember being able to go to my friend's house in the summer during high school without calling or knocking and just help myself to food in their kitchen or join them while they were working outside in the garden or watching TV.

Also, if I didn't have my family in Christ, I'm not sure where I'd be today. Probably a lot worse off than I already am.

I hope one day you will find and become part of a family that makes you feel safe and loved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My dad is angry a lot

Guess what my friend. You're waking up. You're the one written about who will be rejected by all family. If you haven't come to Jesus yet, He's waiting for you, and I know it. Man, what you're going through requires a lot of suffering, for I know very well. So suffering is also another mark of the ones that Jesus has been given. So rejoice!

And guess what again, this all means that you're the normal one and they are not. You are heading towards a Powerful indwelling of the Spirit and you will be set apart. Seek God. Ask and never stop, knock and never turn away, but keep on knocking. If you seek Him, you will become Transformed in a Power that you cannot describe with Human words. If you are chosen, and if you seek Him, He will indwell you with a Holy Awe that is not of this earth....it is real Power that I am talking about, not some fake, metaphorical Power that all Christians hope is true for their sakes.

The God of Abraham is still very, very Powerful. He is our same God! Take this opportunity called life in a human body very seriously. For we won't be here much longer....these bodies will die soon, somehow.

Reactions: forlovingHim
Upvote 0

Roberta Carey

Apr 14, 2019
Ft Lauderdale
✟7,923.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be careful comparing your life to others. Social media can be very deceiving. We all have some dysfunction in our families. Maybe you can be the change you want to see. Pray for God’s guidance and strategies. Focus on the good in your family, there must be something, even the fact that you have a family. Some aren’t as fortunate. Do you have a church family or friends that can be your extended family? Praying for healing in your family’s relationships.

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Focus on the good in your family, there must be something, even the fact that you have a family. Some aren’t as fortunate.

Both sides of my families hate me, parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc. They are fake and false that had led me to believe that world would be better if I wasn't alive. To this day, they could care less.

Why would anyone be thankful for that? Would Jesus be thankful for having family like that? Or did he demolish the concept of flesh by saying that mother would be against daughter, father against son, etc? There is neither Greek nor Jew, male nor female....because we are [not] the flesh, but we are spirits in a material world.

As soon as I got over being a slave to my family, which caused me to want to die and kill others out of frustration, I left them and they left me. All of a sudden, when the evil left me, my entire life and thinking changed entirely. Getting away from evil family was one of the single most important things I have EVER DONE! They were taking me away from Jesus, completely!

Now that I no longer seek their attention and affection, having abandoned the need for human approval, God sent His Spirit to indwell me and I will never be the same. I left all value in this world to the world and I no longer live for myself, but for Him who gave me this body to live in while here on earth.

Now, if your family wants to adopt me, then perhaps I might have your ideas and understandings. So, are you guys adopting 52 year old men? :D

Upvote 0

Xethea

Jan 4, 2018
Spartanburg
✟16,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dad is angry a lot

I would trade your family for mine in a heartbeat. Since I was 9 years old, they have always abused me and hated me, from grandparents to 3rd cousins I am hated and treated badly, and rarely any of them even care a little about each other.

my grandparents didn't care about me except my grandmother, but only that grandmother cares is because we are blood related. She hates everything personally about me besides that. All my other grandparents didnt care to ever call or spend time with me. When i was in need, they would never lift a single penny.

My uncles and aunts all hate me and curse at me and spread rumors and lies behind my back. Same with many cousins. Half the family just doesnt care to ever speak to me, even at a special event even if its been a day or years since i have seen them.

Most my life, I grew up without my biological father, he was a meth, cocaine drug addict and in his first 30 years he was an alcoholic, living homeless on the streets. He's had my half brothers and sisters with over 4 different women he never married, including my mother. He spent the majority of his life in prison for the drugs and fights and then he spent the other majority homeless and jobless, simply because he just wanted sex, alcohol and drugs. Once, when i was living in just a tiny room as an adult, he just got out of prison and had nowhere to go. He told me he changed and he lives for God, i didnt believe him, but i had mercy to give him a chance. He moved in and told me how to organize my room, when i pay for the rent and he doesnt. He stole my stuff while i was gone. He lied about moving when he gets his checks he made from prison being a trash guy, but when he got it he just blew it on a highly expensive phone, drugs and mountain dew, and rent right next to the empty room from mine. then he was out of money, for food, he kept stealing mine. He just stayed there watching child inappropriate content and when it blocked his phone, he asked me to help get it off. Later, he argued with me, and cursed me out, and said "I should of killed you when you were a little boy!!" then he tackled me to the stone tile floor and fought me. Later that month, he went homeless. Last i have seen of him.

My step father and biological mother kept me and all my other 3 siblings i grew up with OUT OF SCHOOLS OUR ENTIRE CHILDHOOD. Yep. We all have absolutely no education. Well, maybe my brother finally just got a GED, but that took years and he is in his mid 20s. Its not even impressive to do that. But my little sister can barely read, she only started learning to read like a 1st grader when she was 18 years old.

On top of that, they would hit me, throw glass dishes at me, scream like you dont even hear on a wild bad movie, making constant threats, they destroyed their houses so much, the only doors in the house were the front, back and rest rooms. Not on bedrooms. They lived out in the woods to hide from neighbors noticing their screaming and fighting and abusing us, and even the fact they also did illegal drugs. Cops were called, yeah, and they did absolutely nothing for years and years.

When i was 11, the stress being their all night and day being abused, I began to grow hatred for them, and the anger exploded and i cut myself, and over the years, my cuts got really deep where i needed stitches. So its not those average, little kitty scratches that just bleed a few seconds, these cuts could bleed for minutes or even close to an hour. I hurt myself to hold myself back from hurting them and to relieve my stress from their abuse.

They never bought me clothes since i was 9. I wore the same underwear and shorts and shirt until i was an adult. No need really to have much clothes, because we just lived far out in the woods, miles and miles from any single store. They didn't teach me to brush my teeth, or wash my body.

I began to have seizures at 14 years old and they happened A LOT. it prevented me for many years to having a job, or driving, and it made people afraid to be with me that they'd rather have nothing to do with me than see me have a seizure.

They tried to do everything to get rid of me but i kept getting sent back; they've put me in mental institution, claiming i am insane because i cut myself, but the institution could tell im not insane, then they sent me to my grandmothers, but a year later she got too old to work and needed to live elsewhere, and i lived in a room mates house which he took my girlfriend and had sex with her then he kicked me out, and my family didnt want to take me, so they sent me to homeless shelters in the freezing winter, but the shelters require you to work, but i couldnt because i didnt understand society and i had no skills of even understanding cleaning and money and taxes because i didnt go to school and my parents never taught us anything, plus i kept having seizures, so the homeless shelter couldnt keep me and made me homeless in the freezing rain in the winter, and I also have been to boys homes, and one of those old guys got mad in less than 15 minutes and i dont know why, but he put his arm around my neck and started dragging me down their hall way, i got scared and bit him, so he called the police and i went to jail to wait to see a judge for a week, then the judge just sent me to another boys home, later they found my parents should take care of me so they sent me back to them, then once i was a legal adult age, my step father threatened me with a metal baseball bat, called the police and made a restriction order, and left me homeless again in the freezing winter and rain again. Then my aunts, uncles, grandparents, no one would help me at all. They all left me out there homeless, with seizures, no way to work, no way to eat, no where to sleep except the ground, etc.

But when i was 18, not long before that, I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ, so when i became homeless, i put my faith in him to lead me even though my future seemed hopeless and worthless. I had no friends, no loving family, and yet- all of them claim to be Christians. My family is even a family of multiple pastors and preachers. Mostly Pentecostals.

Even chapels kicked me out because of my looks, and weird personality. When you dont have tv, school, friends, time with family, etc- where do you think you gain a personality from? What do you think influences you? Well, i raised myself and became my own influence. People hate me because i am like no one else.

Later on in life, i have had many rough times, but now i have a wife, 2 babies, an apartment, a job, Jesus answered my prayer last year and healed me from my seizures, now i can drive and continue working, but recently, hateful neighbors moved near and got the landlord on us over nothing, and we may get evicted and go homeless or to hotel. Not enough money to just move. But ever since i was saved, everything changed. But every day, my difficulties are from my family and them abusing me and hating me, for no good reason. Even all my siblings struggle through this life and they are almost 30. Our life has always been very hard more than the average person. There's way more than this that went on with my life, these are just some cruel points. The scars on my body remind me every day of those days, that its incredibly hard to keep forgiving them. Now days, they dont see me at all anymore, and i dont see why they should.

If i had your family, I'd be more grateful than having to have the one I have. Yet, I've seen Jesus do miraculous things in me and my life. That if all these bad things didnt happen, i would likely not get to know Jesus this much.

I have a specific testimony book if you'd like to read it. just let me know. You dont need to buy it or anything, i can just email it or something. It's nearly 500 pages long describing my life and how/why i was saved by Jesus. Everyone cries reading it saying they have never seen a life like mine.

Well, yahweh bless.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,684.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would trade your family for mine in a heartbeat. Since I was 9 years old, they have always abused me and hated me, from grandparents to 3rd cousins I am hated and treated badly, and rarely any of them even care a little about each other.

my grandparents didn't care about me except my grandmother, but only that grandmother cares is because we are blood related. She hates everything personally about me besides that. All my other grandparents didnt care to ever call or spend time with me. When i was in need, they would never lift a single penny.

My uncles and aunts all hate me and curse at me and spread rumors and lies behind my back. Same with many cousins. Half the family just doesnt care to ever speak to me, even at a special event even if its been a day or years since i have seen them.

Most my life, I grew up without my biological father, he was a meth, cocaine drug addict and in his first 30 years he was an alcoholic, living homeless on the streets. He's had my half brothers and sisters with over 4 different women he never married, including my mother. He spent the majority of his life in prison for the drugs and fights and then he spent the other majority homeless and jobless, simply because he just wanted sex, alcohol and drugs. Once, when i was living in just a tiny room as an adult, he just got out of prison and had nowhere to go. He told me he changed and he lives for God, i didnt believe him, but i had mercy to give him a chance. He moved in and told me how to organize my room, when i pay for the rent and he doesnt. He stole my stuff while i was gone. He lied about moving when he gets his checks he made from prison being a trash guy, but when he got it he just blew it on a highly expensive phone, drugs and mountain dew, and rent right next to the empty room from mine. then he was out of money, for food, he kept stealing mine. He just stayed there watching child inappropriate content and when it blocked his phone, he asked me to help get it off. Later, he argued with me, and cursed me out, and said "I should of killed you when you were a little boy!!" then he tackled me to the stone tile floor and fought me. Later that month, he went homeless. Last i have seen of him.

My step father and biological mother kept me and all my other 3 siblings i grew up with OUT OF SCHOOLS OUR ENTIRE CHILDHOOD. Yep. We all have absolutely no education. Well, maybe my brother finally just got a GED, but that took years and he is in his mid 20s. Its not even impressive to do that. But my little sister can barely read, she only started learning to read like a 1st grader when she was 18 years old.

On top of that, they would hit me, throw glass dishes at me, scream like you dont even hear on a wild bad movie, making constant threats, they destroyed their houses so much, the only doors in the house were the front, back and rest rooms. Not on bedrooms. They lived out in the woods to hide from neighbors noticing their screaming and fighting and abusing us, and even the fact they also did illegal drugs. Cops were called, yeah, and they did absolutely nothing for years and years.

When i was 11, the stress being their all night and day being abused, I began to grow hatred for them, and the anger exploded and i cut myself, and over the years, my cuts got really deep where i needed stitches. So its not those average, little kitty scratches that just bleed a few seconds, these cuts could bleed for minutes or even close to an hour. I hurt myself to hold myself back from hurting them and to relieve my stress from their abuse.

They never bought me clothes since i was 9. I wore the same underwear and shorts and shirt until i was an adult. No need really to have much clothes, because we just lived far out in the woods, miles and miles from any single store. They didn't teach me to brush my teeth, or wash my body.

I began to have seizures at 14 years old and they happened A LOT. it prevented me for many years to having a job, or driving, and it made people afraid to be with me that they'd rather have nothing to do with me than see me have a seizure.

They tried to do everything to get rid of me but i kept getting sent back; they've put me in mental institution, claiming i am insane because i cut myself, but the institution could tell im not insane, then they sent me to my grandmothers, but a year later she got too old to work and needed to live elsewhere, and i lived in a room mates house which he took my girlfriend and had sex with her then he kicked me out, and my family didnt want to take me, so they sent me to homeless shelters in the freezing winter, but the shelters require you to work, but i couldnt because i didnt understand society and i had no skills of even understanding cleaning and money and taxes because i didnt go to school and my parents never taught us anything, plus i kept having seizures, so the homeless shelter couldnt keep me and made me homeless in the freezing rain in the winter, and I also have been to boys homes, and one of those old guys got mad in less than 15 minutes and i dont know why, but he put his arm around my neck and started dragging me down their hall way, i got scared and bit him, so he called the police and i went to jail to wait to see a judge for a week, then the judge just sent me to another boys home, later they found my parents should take care of me so they sent me back to them, then once i was a legal adult age, my step father threatened me with a metal baseball bat, called the police and made a restriction order, and left me homeless again in the freezing winter and rain again. Then my aunts, uncles, grandparents, no one would help me at all. They all left me out there homeless, with seizures, no way to work, no way to eat, no where to sleep except the ground, etc.

But when i was 18, not long before that, I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ, so when i became homeless, i put my faith in him to lead me even though my future seemed hopeless and worthless. I had no friends, no loving family, and yet- all of them claim to be Christians. My family is even a family of multiple pastors and preachers. Mostly Pentecostals.

Even chapels kicked me out because of my looks, and weird personality. When you dont have tv, school, friends, time with family, etc- where do you think you gain a personality from? What do you think influences you? Well, i raised myself and became my own influence. People hate me because i am like no one else.

Later on in life, i have had many rough times, but now i have a wife, 2 babies, an apartment, a job, Jesus answered my prayer last year and healed me from my seizures, now i can drive and continue working, but recently, hateful neighbors moved near and got the landlord on us over nothing, and we may get evicted and go homeless or to hotel. Not enough money to just move. But ever since i was saved, everything changed. But every day, my difficulties are from my family and them abusing me and hating me, for no good reason. Even all my siblings struggle through this life and they are almost 30. Our life has always been very hard more than the average person. There's way more than this that went on with my life, these are just some cruel points. The scars on my body remind me every day of those days, that its incredibly hard to keep forgiving them. Now days, they dont see me at all anymore, and i dont see why they should.

If i had your family, I'd be more grateful than having to have the one I have. Yet, I've seen Jesus do miraculous things in me and my life. That if all these bad things didnt happen, i would likely not get to know Jesus this much.

I have a specific testimony book if you'd like to read it. just let me know. You dont need to buy it or anything, i can just email it or something. It's nearly 500 pages long describing my life and how/why i was saved by Jesus. Everyone cries reading it saying they have never seen a life like mine.

Well, yahweh bless.
I'm sorry you had such a terrible upbringing. Your family clearly doesn't deserve you! You seem to be the only one with a heart!
I'm not very emotional so I probably would not cry. I did not even cry when my grandparent died or at their funeral. I cant seem to feel sadness in this way like other people.

Upvote 0