Why is Messianic Judaism considered Judaism if they believe in Jesus?

Torah Emunah

Aug 23, 2014
✟8,543.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
People should really try to read the Torah regarding sacrifices instead of relying on commentaries.
I couldn't agree more! The scriptures related to korban are among the most important, meaningful, and beautiful passages that there are. It is very irritating how they are generally pushed aside by Christians, and Messianics (they were relegated to some kind of a "rehearsal" in this very thread) as if they were some kind of meaningless, ineffectual, and temporary thing. How sad is that, Danny?

Shalom

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
I couldn't agree more! The scriptures related to korban are among the most important, meaningful, and beautiful passages that there are. It is very irritating how they are generally pushed aside by Christians, and Messianics (they were relegated to some kind of a "rehearsal" in this very thread) as if they were some kind of meaningless, ineffectual, and temporary thing. How sad is that, Danny?

Shalom
That. And where is it written in the Torah that one can just break commandments and then just offer sacrifice? That's the fundamental misunderstanding of the sacrificial system.

Upvote 0

Torah Emunah

Aug 23, 2014
✟8,543.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
That. And where is it written in the Torah that one can just break commandments and then just offer sacrifice?
Nowhere is that written.

That's the fundamental misunderstanding of the sacrificial system.
Agreed.

If one wants to get to know the Creator for the very first time, or deepen their understanding of Him through the use of the scriptures, studies in korban, and teshuva are undoubtedly the best places to start, in my opinion.

Shalom

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A further clean up was done to this thread. A further clean up could take place but I am hoping that from this Mod Hat forward that the rules will be followed. The main rule in question here is this one:

Congregational Forum Restrictions
Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.

which can be found within the Board Rules

If you are not a member of a congregational forum you are posting in, you can not teach or debate there. Being a member means that you truly share that congregational forums core teachings and beliefs for which most members will carry the faith icon for.

Now if you see someone posting against this rule please do NOT reply to it. Report it and let staff handle it. Just so it's clear, they can post in fellowship but they can not teach or debate. That is what is in violation here. There are still some posts that are in violation of this rule but it would be a huge clean up to remove them all so please just ignore those posts and do not reply to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
A noteworthy observation about verses supporting keeping commandments. There are many commands littered throughout the NT, so it stands to reason these could be the ones referenced.

Also the Holy Spirit in the OT was not a permanent indwelling.

Just my observations, continue ladies and gents. I have no intention of debating.
290.gif
Where is WRITTEN that tge Holy Spirit was not a permanent in dwelling in the OT? David understood that G-d would never leave him.

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
There is a big difference of having His Words on your heart and having God Himself write His Word on our hearts. I think that you are making way too lightly of this part of the New Covenant.

Also, it is not just the Law, but His entire Word.

As far as your statement that the New Covenant was made with the same people and the same laws, that is not true. The New Covenant is for ALL the Old Covenant was not. Jesus redefined the Law because no one could keep it. He fulfilled the Law and then made it new.

To prove that point there were no dietary restrictions, nor was circumcision demanded, so definately new.
Yeshua says without me you can do nothing, it was he that wrote it on their hearts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

big macher

Jewish Believer
Oct 8, 2015
✟8,126.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I dont understand why Messianic Jews are considered Jews if they believe in the New Testament and follow Jesus. Im not arguing that theyre not Jews, Im just asking why are they considered Jews if they practice Christianity.

Im asking-what makes them Jewish if theyre Christian?

I'm a Jewish believer. Even though I believe in Jesus I'm still Jewish. Biblically speaking Jewish people are a nation because we are descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Being a Jew is the nationality and Judaism is the 'religion'sort of.

Upvote 0

sahjimira

God of miracles.. He saved ME!
Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To me, now this is how I see it. Messianic Jews are ethnic Jews that practice jewdaism with the exception that they believe Jesus is mMessiah. Messianic gentiles are not
ethnic Jews (I'm Irish ) but
believe Torah.. Feast
days..Sabbath.. Dietary
requirements and so
forth.I prefer a
mMessianic congregation because I believe in those things stated above which the Christian churches do not teach. We all believe Jesus is the Messiah. I feel the Lord put it in my heart
to follow Messianic
jewdaism. I feel very
comfortable with it and I
am convinced in my mind.
if you have any questions
please go ahead and ask.I
will do my bbest to answer
as answer as a Messianic
Gentile. Since I feel I'm an
x-gentile ( hold Saturday
not Sunday as Sabbath
etc.) For ex-gentiles I prefer MXG it is a lot easier for me!

Upvote 0