✟15,486.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There is something I really donˋt understand:
Why is getting married and get kids so important.
Yes in Genesis it says "be fruitful and multply"
but since then a lot of time has passed. We live here on earth with so many people and that on some point there will be not enough resources for everyone.
And even Paul says in Corinther 7 "that it is better to stay unmarried"
It is not that I don´t wanna get married. It is just so difficult for me to find a man
I am always in love with someone who doesn´t love me back. And it is always so painful that in the end I have to walk away. Since almost 2 years now I am in love with my supervisor who has a family. And this time I don´t want to run away. So I started praying. It is not my wish to be with him, I just don´t want to feel this pain anymore. I talk to God every day. Everytime I think about him I go to God. And in the last year I recognized that I got closer and closer to God.
Now I am thinking, that maybe marriage isn´t what God initally wanted from us. But maybe he wants us to come to him. And maybe it was never Godˋs intention that we get kids. After all God created Adam and Eve. Why does he need us to create humans? It seems to me like we don´t trust him that he could give us kids without our doing.
I don´t know. I am just so confused and sad and frustrated. And I feel so alone with this.
I am really looking forward to your opinion on this topic.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but since then a lot of time has passed. We live here on earth with so many people and that on some point there will be not enough resources for everyone.
It is not that I don´t wanna get married. It is just so difficult for me to find a man
I am always in love with someone who doesn´t love me back. And it is always so painful that in the end I have to walk away. Since almost 2 years now I am in love with my supervisor who has a family. And this time I don´t want to run away. So I started praying. It is not my wish to be with him, I just don´t want to feel this pain anymore. I talk to God every day. Everytime I think about him I go to God. And in the last year I recognized that I got closer and closer to God.
Now I am thinking, that maybe marriage isn´t what God initally wanted from us. But maybe he wants us to come to him. And maybe it was never Godˋs intention that we get kids. After all God created Adam and Eve. Why does he need us to create humans? It seems to me like we don´t trust him that he could give us kids without our doing.
I don´t know. I am just so confused and sad and frustrated. And I feel so alone with this.

You are right, God could just create children out of nothing.

The thing is God can do it on his own, but has chosen to populate the earth through his most treasured creation, humans. Much in the same way that he uses us to fulfill his purpose for sharing the gospel and bringing his love and power to the planet. He can do it on his own, but has chosen not to.

As far as marriage goes, it is true that some churches put way too much pressure on people to get married. I've been in a couple where just teenagers were being asked and coerced into relationships and such from the elderly. But God made Adam, then he made Eve for Adam and said they would become one flesh. Marriage is a symbol of our commitment and faithfulness to God.

We get married to one person and stay committed to them through good and bad for life. Just as we are to be faithful and committed to the Lord for life. That's why divorce is such a bad thing. That's why sexual immorality is such a bad thing. They violate marriage and desecrate it.

I'd tell you like this, marriage isn't for everyone. It is better to not be married if you desire to seek the Lord. Pray about it. It may take some time. But God is faithful and he will give you answers as you seek him.

Upvote 0

Structure

May 12, 2022
Illertissen
✟15,486.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are right, God could just create children out of nothing.

The thing is God can do it on his own, but has chosen to populate the earth through his most treasured creation, humans. Much in the same way that he uses us to fulfill his purpose for sharing the gospel and bringing his love and power to the planet. He can do it on his own, but has chosen not to.

As far as marriage goes, it is true that some churches put way too much pressure on people to get married. I've been in a couple where just teenagers were being asked and coerced into relationships and such from the elderly. But God made Adam, then he made Eve for Adam and said they would become one flesh. Marriage is a symbol of our commitment and faithfulness to God.

We get married to one person and stay committed to them through good and bad for life. Just as we are to be faithful and committed to the Lord for life. That's why divorce is such a bad thing. That's why sexual immorality is such a bad thing. They violate marriage and desecrate it.

I'd tell you like this, marriage isn't for everyone. It is better to not be married if you desire to seek the Lord. Pray about it. It may take some time. But God is faithful and he will give you answers as you seek him.
Thank you so much for your opinion.
I don't know if I desire to seek the lord. It is more like there is this desire for this men and I don't want that so I go to the Lord. It is almost like this man forces me to go to the Lord. I can't control this desire for this man. But it is also impossible for me to find someone else. The only way is to go to the Lord. And even when I force myself to be with someone that I don't love it feels like I was cheating.
About your comparison with the gospel. I think if Adam and Eve had done what God said there would be no need for the gospel. It is like before the fall we only ate greens. After that he condoned to eat animals. And now we need the gospel to go back to this state. I don't know if that makes any sense.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible says do what you are called to do. If you are called to be single, be single. If you are called to get married, get married. Singles do not need fixing & they are not missing out. Singleness is a noble calling because it needs to be used for kingdom work.

It makes total sense that you are going to God with this struggle about this man. One of the main purposes of human love & marriage to point to the true union & love with Christ. God will not abandon you in marriage. He will not leave you just because you are married. You can still remain close to him & may be drawn even closer to him.

In regards to what you should do, you have a lot of pain from prior relationships, it sounds like. If your heart wants it, you can’t let the past dictate what God wants for you. If you believe you are called to be married, it doesn’t matter how you were burned. Maybe this is the one. You do not know. You say you’re in love with him, I imagine things are pretty far along. Are there signs of disappointment & wrongness other than your past?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Marriage was created by God and the institution is holy. Our approach and obsession is the problem. It’s become idolatry for some.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.

Your issues are the result of decisions that compel you to open errantly. Satan exploits your weakness through continuous failures. Which led to the current debacle.

You mentioned your supervisor’s family. Is he married?

• Friendly
Reactions: Structure
Upvote 0

Structure

May 12, 2022
Illertissen
✟15,486.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Marriage was created by God and the institution is holy. Our approach and obsession is the problem. It’s become idolatry for some.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.

Your issues are the result of decisions that compel you to open errantly. Satan exploits your weakness through continuous failures. Which led to the current debacle.

You mentioned your supervisor’s family. Is he married?
No, he is not married. But he lives together with a woman who is the mother of his child. And I would never want that relationship. But these feelings just don't want to go away. And I am praying and praying and these feelings just don't want to stop.
And I ask God again and again why does this always happen to me. And after 1 year of praying I am starting to think, that maybe it happened so that I would realize that I need God.
And I think you are right that the problem is my obsession. I think it is because I always thought that I need a man who protects me. But men can't protect me, only God.
And maybe God will teach me this lesson until I really understand it...

But on the other side there is this other thing I have trouble with. I understand the holiness of marriage. And I think I really want that. But I think with marriage comes sex. And sex leads to children and I don't want that. In my opinion there are just too many people on this earth.

And maybe this is my real problem that I believe that God doesn't want us to exploit the earth. But maybe it is just my unfaithfulness that I can't imagine how God can provide for all of us.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The Apostle Paul was saying it was better if you devote your life to spreading the Gospel than to marry - if you can control your sex drive - because marriage takes time away from the things of God.

But trust me, not everyone can control their sex drive, especially when young. In fact, I'd say it's an extremely rare individual who actually can without falling into sin.

Avoiding sin is our first goal, because what good does it do to preach the gospel while living with sin? It hurts the message the Gospel proclaims, it doesn't help it.

Marriage is a safety net God gave us. It's a partner to walk through life with, to help us in bad times and rejoice with us in good times. Someone who we can confide in, and be ourselves around. A best friend and helper.

God gave us a sex drive to be the glue that binds us together, and keep us freinds even with much time together. Intercourse releases the same hormones that a nursing mother is flooded with when she breastfeeds, that creates a bond between her and her infant. These hormones also create a bond between man and wife.

That's why intercourse outside of marriage is detrimental.. when someone gets used to the bond being broken it gets easier to break it again. Hence, the plethora of divorces we see today.

But none of this has anything to do with the population of the earth. Every person on earth today could live inside the continental United States, leaving the rest of the earth for growing food.

That's not an over populated Earth - it may just seem so in your city, but it's not really the case.

When the God believes we are over populated, we will see a virus or plague of some kind to whittle down the numbers, nature will always fight to stay in balance.

What God desires of you is to control your drives until you find an appropriate spouse.

Upvote 0

Structure

May 12, 2022
Illertissen
✟15,486.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Apostle Paul was saying it was better if you devote your life to spreading the Gospel than to marry - if you can control your sex drive - because marriage takes time away from the things of God.

But trust me, not everyone can control their sex drive, especially when young. In fact, I'd say it's an extremely rare individual who actually can without falling into sin.

Avoiding sin is our first goal, because what good does it do to preach the gospel while living with sin? It hurts the message the Gospel proclaims, it doesn't help it.

Marriage is a safety net God gave us. It's a partner to walk through life with, to help us in bad times and rejoice with us in good times. Someone who we can confide in, and be ourselves around. A best friend and helper.

God gave us a sex drive to be the glue that binds us together, and keep us freinds even with much time together. Intercourse releases the same hormones that a nursing mother is flooded with when she breastfeeds, that creates a bond between her and her infant. These hormones also create a bond between man and wife.

That's why intercourse outside of marriage is detrimental.. when someone gets used to the bond being broken it gets easier to break it again. Hence, the plethora of divorces we see today.

But none of this has anything to do with the population of the earth. Every person on earth today could live inside the continental United States, leaving the rest of the earth for growing food.

That's not an over populated Earth - it may just seem so in your city, but it's not really the case.

When the God believes we are over populated, we will see a virus or plague of some kind to whittle down the numbers, nature will always fight to stay in balance.

What God desires of you is to control your drives until you find an appropriate spouse.
Yes I totally agree that you can't preach the gospel if lust is overwhelming you. And this is exactly my problem. I want to get married but I always fall in love with men who don't love me back. And I think it is because of my fear that my kids won't have a good life. Here in Germany is it in my opinion overpopulated. The population density is 234 people per square kilometer. I don't live in a big city but even here the land prices are so high a normal person can't afford that. There is less and less nature, less and less space for agriculture because people need to live somewhere. And there are signs that we are over populated. Coronavirus, increasing oil price, wars,... In my opinion it is all because we are too many.
I really wish I could find a solution and I am praying and thinking about it all the time.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, he is not married. But he lives together with a woman who is the mother of his child. And I would never want that relationship. But these feelings just don't want to go away. And I am praying and praying and these feelings just don't want to stop.

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

Life is easier when we learn to see things God’s way and crucify the flesh. In this case that’s your feelings. If he sired a child the appropriate response is prayer for their mutual salvation, marriage, and rearing the child in the fear of the Lord. You’d cease to dwell on him if you no longer viewed him as an option.

And I ask God again and again why does this always happen to me. And after 1 year of praying I am starting to think, that maybe it happened so that I would realize that I need God.

I can’t cite the natural cause without a word but the spiritual consequence is soulishness. That's when the mind or emotions are in the drivers seat and we’re ruled by them.

And I think you are right that the problem is my obsession.

Obsession is the devil’s work. Godly passion produces zeal. Compulsion is obsession’s kinsmen.

I think it is because I always thought that I need a man who protects me. But men can't protect me, only God.

You have the order confused. God is the author and man is His agent. Your protection is from Him. Man manifests His will.

And maybe God will teach me this lesson until I really understand it...

That’s a deeper lesson which isn’t appropriate for the thread. But I posted something earlier that will enlighten you. :)

But on the other side there is this other thing I have trouble with. I understand the holiness of marriage. And I think I really want that. But I think with marriage comes sex. And sex leads to children and I don't want that.

The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.

Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Have you detected the pattern in my replies? Each statement has a related scripture. We have to get accustomed to placing ourselves under its microscope. When contradictions arise we heed His example.

We can’t have illegitimate actions and a holy harvest. We can’t eat from the tree of knowledge and bear fruit from the tree of life. They’re incompatible.

In my opinion there are just too many people on this earth.

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein.

Did God say there were too many or man?

And maybe this is my real problem that I believe that God doesn't want us to exploit the earth.

The earth mourns and withers; the world languishes and withers; the highest people of the earth languish. The earth lies defiled under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant.

Therefore a curse devours the earth, and its inhabitants suffer for their guilt; therefore the inhabitants of the earth are scorched, and few men are left.

Population isn’t the culprit. It’s sin.

But maybe it is just my unfaithfulness that I can't imagine how God can provide for all of us.

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

The Christian walk is difficult when you’re deficient in the word. You have nothing to fight with or refute your thoughts, feelings and experiences. They’ll run roughshod over you or you’ll be susceptive to deception and erroneous teachings.

Study the armor of God and learn to wield it wisely. He provided the tools we lack if we’ll use them. The next time you find yourself getting entangled learn to spot the warning signs and head it off. There’s always a pattern.

You have to pinpoint the event that opened the door and the triggers that keep it ajar. When you do you’ll know what to pray against. Call the lie by name and rebuke it with scripture.

Start affirming the good. Look up the passages on marriage and pray them aloud. That’s your benchmark. Not the world’s ideals. And don’t live in fear. Surrender the uncertainty to Him and trust Him with tomorrow. You’ll have greater peace when you do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I totally agree that you can't preach the gospel if lust is overwhelming you. And this is exactly my problem. I want to get married but I always fall in love with men who don't love me back. And I think it is because of my fear that my kids won't have a good life. Here in Germany is it in my opinion overpopulated. The population density is 234 people per square kilometer. I don't live in a big city but even here the land prices are so high a normal person can't afford that. There is less and less nature, less and less space for agriculture because people need to live somewhere. And there are signs that we are over populated. Coronavirus, increasing oil price, wars,... In my opinion it is all because we are too many.
I really wish I could find a solution and I am praying and thinking about it all the time.

I think you should stop fixating on finding a husband, or having a man and find fulfillment in the simple things of life.

Church events, hiking, taking evening walks, picking up a new hobby that's enjoyable and stimulating to learn, reading and studying Scripture and reading various books etc can all help to keep your mind focused on the important things, and your heart away from wanting to jump on the first man you meet.

When you're happy without a man and can control your heart and your own passions, then you'll be ready to start looking for a husband.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Structure

May 12, 2022
Illertissen
✟15,486.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

Life is easier when we learn to see things God’s way and crucify the flesh. In this case that’s your feelings. If he sired a child the appropriate response is prayer for their mutual salvation, marriage, and rearing the child in the fear of the Lord. You’d cease to dwell on him if you no longer viewed him as an option.

I can’t cite the natural cause without a word but the spiritual consequence is soulishness. That's when the mind or emotions are in the drivers seat and we’re ruled by them.

Obsession is the devil’s work. Godly passion produces zeal. Compulsion is obsession’s kinsmen.

You have the order confused. God is the author and man is His agent. Your protection is from Him. Man manifests His will.

That’s a deeper lesson which isn’t appropriate for the thread. But I posted something earlier that will enlighten you. :)

The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.

Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Have you detected the pattern in my replies? Each statement has a related scripture. We have to get accustomed to placing ourselves under its microscope. When contradictions arise we heed His example.

We can’t have illegitimate actions and a holy harvest. We can’t eat from the tree of knowledge and bear fruit from the tree of life. They’re incompatible.

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein.

Did God say there were too many or man?

The earth mourns and withers; the world languishes and withers; the highest people of the earth languish. The earth lies defiled under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant.

Therefore a curse devours the earth, and its inhabitants suffer for their guilt; therefore the inhabitants of the earth are scorched, and few men are left.

Population isn’t the culprit. It’s sin.

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

The Christian walk is difficult when you’re deficient in the word. You have nothing to fight with or refute your thoughts, feelings and experiences. They’ll run roughshod over you or you’ll be susceptive to deception and erroneous teachings.

Study the armor of God and learn to wield it wisely. He provided the tools we lack if we’ll use them. The next time you find yourself getting entangled learn to spot the warning signs and head it off. There’s always a pattern.

You have to pinpoint the event that opened the door and the triggers that keep it ajar. When you do you’ll know what to pray against. Call the lie by name and rebuke it with scripture.

Start affirming the good. Look up the passages on marriage and pray them aloud. That’s your benchmark. Not the world’s ideals. And don’t live in fear. Surrender the uncertainty to Him and trust Him with tomorrow. You’ll have greater peace when you do.
Wow, thank you so much. It is all so new to me. I came to Christ only a year ago. And I try to read the bible daily, but it is so much and I often don't understand what I am reading and I have no one to talk to. I am so happy to have found this forum.
I know about the endtimes. But I guess in my mind there was something that didn't want to believe it and that if we just do what God says he will change his mind and spare us from that.
I've got a lot to digest now.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Structure

May 12, 2022
Illertissen
✟15,486.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think you should stop fixating on finding a husband, or having a man and find fulfillment in the simple things of life.

Church events, hiking, taking evening walks, picking up a new hobby that's enjoyable and stimulating to learn, reading and studying Scripture and reading various books etc can all help to keep your mind focused on the important things, and your heart away from wanting to jump on the first man you meet.

When you're happy without a man and can control your heart and your own passions, then you'll be ready to start looking for a husband.
That is so true. It is just so hard when I am always so scared about everything and don't feel like there is hope in this world.
But I think this forum helped me to find new hope. Thank you so much.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is just so difficult for me to find a man
I am always in love with someone who doesn´t love me back. And it is always so painful that in the end I have to walk away.
So, why do you fall for people who don't want you?

Upvote 0

Structure

May 12, 2022
Illertissen
✟15,486.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So, why do you fall for people who don't want you?
I think I fall for people who don't want me because I am afraid of the future.
"Blessed are the barren women" because they don't need to fear for their children.
But there will be no escaping that the earth will fall but our faith will save us.
I don't know if I got this right. I'd be grateful if you correct me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you can stay free in Christ, then it’s better not to marry.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you are able and willing to dedicate your life to Christ, then it is better to be single. Secondly, 'that which is born of flesh is flesh, that which is born of spirit is spirit', winning souls for God is like giving birth to kids, focus on it.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does it mean to stay free in Christ?
When Christ sets you free you are free indeed. However, when this happens you will know it.
John.8
  1. [36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Sorry about your frustration.

The Bible begins and ends with a marriage, and everything in between is essentially about how to have the right kind of marriage that bears the right kind of fruit. By the time of Noah, they had been fruitful and multiplied, but they had filled the earth with wickedness, so they were not bearing the right kind of fruit, which was fruit unto death. It wasn't until Abraham that God found someone was bearing the right kind of fruit of the Tree of Life and Kingdom of God, so that He could make the promises that he did to him. In Genesis 18:19, God knew Abraham that he would teach his children and those of his household to walk in God's way by doing righteousness and justice that the Lord may bring to him all that He has promised, namely in Genesis 26:4-5, God will multiply Abraham's descendants as the starts of the heaven, to his descendent He will give all of these lands, and through his descendants all of the nations of the earth will be blessed because Abraham heard God's voice and guarded His charge, His commandments, His statutes, and His laws. In Deuteronomy 30:15-16, “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil. If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you today, by loving the Lord your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it. So all of the promises were made to Abraham and were brought about because Abraham walked in God's way in obedience to His law, because he taught his children and those of his household to walk in God's way, and because his children walked in God's way, and guarding God's way is guarding the way to the tree of life (Genesis 3:24).

In John 8:39, Jesus said that if they were sons of Abraham, then they would be doing the same works he did, so the concept of sonship is directly connects to doing the same works as the father, which is why those who are children of Abraham and those of his household who were taught how to walk in God's way are sons of Abraham and of God. So being fruitful and multiplying is connected with having physical descendants and diligently teaching them to walk in God's way (Deuteronomy 6:4-7), though it isn't necessarily the case because even eunuchs can bear the fruit of the Kingdom by teaching others to walk in God's way, and thereby become their father. Jesus did not have physical descendants, however, he was sent as the ultimate fulfillment of the promises made to Abraham to bless us by turning us from our wickedness (Acts 3:25-26).

Upvote 0