California
✟10,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the “natural” place to meet is school or university. I read a study once. To befriend people requires >= 2 things in common plus multiple opportunities per week for spontaneous socializing. Once you start work, that becomes much harder.

• Agree
Reactions: MariaJLM
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Timing is everything. Something people forget is that while they may be ready to meet their soulmate, perhaps their soulmate isn't ready to meet them yet. Maybe their soulmate needs time to grow or change. Timing is everything.

Be patient. The only lasting relationships come from tenderness, forgiveness and acceptance. Love can't be created, compelled or controlled.

But when it truly comes from the heart, it can't long be denied either.

Timing is everything.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think it is so hard to find someone?It's like a never ending battle to meet a great person.
I can't answer that but I know that God answered my prayer when I asked Him for Godly friends two years back.
If you're asking about a spouse...all I have learnt is to wait..wait and wait in the Lord. While I do that, I do what waiters do-SERVE!

• Agree
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you think it is so hard to find someone?It's like a never ending battle to meet a great person.

When you become that great person, it gets much easier.
So work on that and people will come to you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The internet age doesn't help either where one rarely carries on face to face conversations any more. The atmosphere of fear the government wishes to keep us under doesn't help either, when if you smile at someone they either turn away or start yapping about personal space being invaded.

• Agree
Upvote 0

mnphysicist

Have Courage to Trust God!
May 11, 2005
South East Minnesota (east of Rochester)
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Some of it can be misguided beliefs, such as the teachings of Bill Gothard, and the young Joshua Harris (who wrote I Kissed Dating Goodbye)

Some of it is due to a failure to develop appropriate dating and relationship skills (which ties into the above). Said skills don't develop overnight, and failure is part of the learning process.

When the skills are absent, desperation can set in, causing normally great guys and gals to come across as or even become creeper types... which reduces the possibility of success to nill.

Excessive fear of failure can lead to inaction, either in not meeting new people, or in not working upon themselves to become great people. Related to this are beliefs that God will come to the rescue with a perfect relationship when the time is right... such is not in the scriptures, and its a random chance as to whether this may come to pass.

And then there are just numbers....

Out of a hundred great people, the potential for mutual chemistry exists with only a few of them. This may occur immediately, or it may take some time to click, and it's not predictable as to when or if it will occur. Complicating this is that imbalanced chemistry occurs at a much higher rate than mutual chemistry. Add in that many potential couples don't have the skills, or are willing to put in the work, or are so afraid of failure, they won't put in the time to see if mutual chemistry can develop from a small mutual spark, that it goes out before it even has a chance.

So yes, its hard, but so much of the additional difficulty is under ones own control

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

I hope that you have found MANY great people while you search for a spouse (which I assume is what you mean). The difficulty is finding someone that you can see spending the rest of your life with. I think it is more amazing that any of us DO find that person...especially since both people have to agree that they want this.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Most try to hard. Stop trying and be happy to live by yourself. Only God can provide the right mate.
I waited for 8 years and God brought me to the perfect woman for me.

Upvote 0