Why is it ok to be a fat pastor but not a gay pastor?

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And you should look to your own Savior, our own Savior, about the type of behavior I described, etc...

He knew it was a problem with humans and humankind, etc...

God Bless!
You think your savior looks favorablely at saying something, "just to get you up in arms" to other Christians? Nope. He has strong feelings against such things.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You think your savior looks favorablely at saying something, "just to get you up in arms" to other Christians? Nope. He has strong feelings against such things.
As if He never purposely caused a little controversy just to get a message out or across, etc...

Even hid the truth in a lie, all the while never lying or intending to tell a lie, and never did lie, etc, but was actually telling us straight to our faces, etc...

Anyway, not that He never ever did any of that, or anything of that sort, right...?

"Why do you use parables Lord"...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As if He never purposely caused a little controversy just to get a message out or across, etc...

Even hid the truth in a lie, all the while never lying or intending to tell a lie, and never did lie, etc, but was actually telling us straight to our faces, etc...

Anyway, not that He never ever did any of that, or anything of that sort, right...?

"Why do you use parables Lord"...?

Anyway,

God Bless!
Nope, your heart is nowhere near the same as Jesus was in His Parables. You admitted as much. God calls the behavior you admitted to an abomination (sowing discord among the brethren). I'd recommend seriously considering repenting.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Nope, your heart is nowhere near the same as Jesus was in His Parables.

So says you...

You admitted as much.

Where...?

God calls the behavior you admitted to an abomination (sowing discord among the brethren).

Matthew 10:34-36- "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household (or people group) (or family), (whom He came to cause there to not be peace with, or among) etc."

Luke 14:26- "“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, (or the people) (and/or himself) he cannot be My disciple."

I'd recommend seriously considering repenting.

Of what, etc...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have done every type of prayer and pray to God daily. You sound like you're implying that I haven't prayed hard enough to be rid of these same sex attractions. That is not helpful to say to anyone. I've come to accept the fact that after all these years it's God's will for me to carry this burden daily. Paul had a thorn at his side that God never removed after all.

I apologize for not being more clear or making what I was trying to arrive at more clear. Please forgive me for that, and also for perhaps engaging in the wrong approach.

I've had this topic on my mind lately with others, as a result I've been unclear on what I'm trying to share with you. A failure on my part.

What I'm trying to express, and trying to ask is this; you know, the purpose of this faith isn't about making us better "people", or about following some arbitray list of rules, its about the restoration of the relationship between God and man (mankind).

When that relationship is restored, or as it begins to be restored, we necessarily become more like Him.

It is that relational change, the Spirit of Christ in us, given when we become justified through faith, which creates the ability for true repentance... that repentance isn't perfect on day one, it expands and grows as we grow in Christ through His Holy Spirit, and that growing and expansion in our relationship and in our repentance continues the rest of our lives which is a process called sanctification.

However, not everyone who professes to be saved, actually is (Not everyone who says to me Lord Lord will enter into heaven) because it's far more than some people make it, even while at the same time it is far less than what others would like you to believe.

We can can certainly change some of our behaviors even without God, human beings prove that every day... Christianity isn't about that, it's not about changing behavior x or y, it's about changing our relationship with the God who created us, restoring it to its original glory.

The lifestyle changes which follow are a result of that relationship change, because within that relationship you grow more and more like Christ with each passing day.

What I was trying to ask therefore, was whether you had that relationship change, or whether your rule keeping?

If your rule keeping you need to stop, and start seeking after the restored relationship. Rules won't ever help restore what needs restored between us and God. (I'm a former Muslim - I know all about rule keeping and promise you that can't save anyone!)

So that's what I was asking, and what purpose I was asking it for..

It's quite possible you have had that relational change between you and God, we all do have a sanctification road to travel in Christ, I just wanted to delve in and make certain of the relationship aspect itself. (Because I dont know you very well.. :) I can hope or guess, but I can't know without asking straight out)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What worries me I guess is this wave of acceptance that is being pushed for homosexuality. Don’t get me wrong, all sexual sin is bad but there seems to be a real push towards acceptance of homosexuality these days. I’ve struggled with many sexual sins, and the Holy Spirit has changed me!!! It’s just sad to see more and more pushing for acceptance of sin than seeing the Spirit of God changing peoples lives. I wonder, where has the loving conviction of God’s Spirit that produces repentance gone? Or maybe some are just rejecting it? I dunno but I think I’m just rambling now, have a good evening everyone!!!

And that brings up a point about just what the OP is doing here. They moan and groan about how people treat homosexuality as a worse sin than otters when the fact is, we don't. Homosexuals bring the problem on themselves.

We don't go around making arguments stating fornication, adultery, and such is not a sin, while homosexuals do attempt to argue homosexuality is ok, even when they know perfectly well it is not. Then they turn around and point the finger at those against it for being unfair, when all we do is react in turn,,,"no it is not ok".

IOW, we don't say it's worse, we just argue it's sin when they say it is not, and they twist that to mean we did something wrong. Very deceitful.

I suppose the next time it comes up, one might ask them to show us where anyone said it was a worse sin and see how that goes.

Actually, I'm asking that of the OP right now? Anyone up for making a bet? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So says you
Here
Of this:
And you just somehow missed my posts after it, etc...? Where I did "apologize", etc, but nothing I did or described either myself or someone else doing or being is a "crime", or a high crime, etc, most especially if done for higher and more superior moral reasons or the greater or best most highest greater moral good or purposes in the long run, etc, and, I blame you people for it having to be that way sometimes, as I said in my posts, etc, but also did offer my apologies anyway, etc, and also explained I do not do it always either, and that in fact most of the time, I do not, etc, but that way I am finding is not as "effective" also, etc...

And, when they asked Jesus about the parables, His reply was that because their minds had been blinded or were already blind, etc, and it took or takes "certain measures" sometimes to get in or get through, etc, or at least that last part is implied, etc...

That you have to use "reverse psychology" with people sometimes, even incite them to hatred, wrath, anger, and jealousy, etc, or cause a ruckus or a riot on purpose sometimes, even hide the truth in a lie, etc, due to peoples eyes being blinded and ears closed up, etc, when He was asked about the parables, etc. But it wasn't just parables or the parables, etc, sometimes it was like when dealing with the Pharisees directly for example, the truth was plainly told to them and us straight to theirs (and ours) faces, but in a way that would only provoke or cause to otherwise riot in some ways those who were not His nor were truly ever on His side to begin with, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And you just somehow missed my posts after it, etc...? Where I did "apologize", etc, but nothing I did or described either myself or someone else doing or being is a "crime", or a high crime, etc, most especially if done for higher and more superior moral reasons or the greater or best most highest greater moral good or purposes in the long run, etc, and, I blame you people for it having to be that way sometimes, as I said in my posts, etc, but also did offer my apologies anyway, etc, and also explained I do not do it always either, and that in fact most of the time, I do not, etc, but that way I am finding is not as "effective" also, etc...

And, when they asked Jesus about the parables, His reply was that because their minds had been blinded or were already blind, etc, and it took or takes "certain measures" sometimes to get in or get through, etc, or at least that last part is implied, etc...

That you have to use "reverse psychology" with people sometimes, even incite them to hatred, wrath, anger, and jealousy, etc, or cause a ruckus or a riot on purpose sometimes, even hide the truth in a lie, etc, due to peoples eyes being blinded and ears closed up, etc, when He was asked about the parables, etc. But it wasn't just parables or the parables, etc, sometimes it was like when dealing with the Pharisees directly for example, the truth was plainly told to them and us straight to theirs (and ours) faces, but in a way that would only provoke or cause to otherwise riot in some ways those who were not His nor were truly ever on His side to begin with, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
This is so wrong on so many levels. There is freedom in Jesus for you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This kind of stuff really does not help someone going through what I am. You make it seem like I need to pray harder or that throwing these verses at me will somehow make you understand my struggle. You are not in my shoes.

Neither are you in my shoes. You do not know what anyone else has been through or have been delivered out of.

I made no mention of praying harder, neither did I quote any verse......neither still, have I offered any condemnation.

You condemn your self, and proclaim that you have too remain in whatever situation you find your self in.

You have proclaimed that there are things that God cannot do.

I say that this is wrong concerning the true and living God, for there is nothing impossible for Him. Are you willing to believe this?

I am going on 35 years old now and I have struggled since I was 11 at least. I already said I have to choose the single life because there would be no other option for me since I've never had attraction to a woman.
I knew a woman with an issue of blood all her life. She was considered unclean. She spent all she had to try and fix her situation and was none the better.

She did not give up or concede to her issue.....she tried Jesus.

Are you willing to try Jesus?

However, the way you present your arguments comes across quite condescending and "finger-wagging".
What I find condescending, is the fact that you deem your issues greater than those of everyone else. You raise you issue so high that even God cant reach it.

If you try making God greater than your issues, there will be no situation or circumstance, that you have to remain in longer than you desire to remain in them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It appears your view of Him is false on many levels.
So says you, etc, but I think that it may be your view of Him that might not be 100% totally and scripturaly accurate entirely, etc, or is the one that is lacking in knowledge of Him, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So says you, etc, but I think that it may be your view of Him that might not be 100% totally and scripturaly accurate entirely, etc, or is the one that is lacking in knowledge of Him, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
I'll take my years of pastoral experience over your ramblings every day. I 100% know that what you are putting forth is not scripural in the least. I'm trying to help. You have a skewed view of scripture that creates an excuse for you to treat people poorly. I have seen it many times here. It's long past time to look in the mirror and do some self examination. You should never need to use deception or wrath to make scripural points, especially to other Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alan650

Oct 19, 2006
✟25,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I apologize for not being more clear or making what I was trying to arrive at more clear. Please forgive me for that, and also for perhaps engaging in the wrong approach.

I've had this topic on my mind lately with others, as a result I've been unclear on what I'm trying to share with you. A failure on my part.

What I'm trying to express, and trying to ask is this; you know, the purpose of this faith isn't about making us better "people", or about following some arbitray list of rules, its about the restoration of the relationship between God and man (mankind).

When that relationship is restored, or as it begins to be restored, we necessarily become more like Him, because we were created in His image after all.

It is that relational change which creates the ability for true repentance... that repentance isn't perfect on day one, it expands and grows as we grow in Christ through His Holy Spirit, and that growing and expansion in our relationship and in our repentance continues the rest of our lives which is a process called sanctification.

However, not everyone who professes to be saved, actually is (Not everyone who says to me Lord Lord will enter into heaven) because it's far more than some people make it, even while at the same time it is far less than what others would like you to believe.

We can can certainly change some of our behaviors even without God, human beings prove that every day... Christianity isn't about that, it's not about changing behavior x or y, it's about changing our relationship with the God who created us, restoring it to its original glory.

The lifestyle changes which follow are a result of that relationship change, because within that relationship you grow more and more like Christ with each passing day.

What I was trying to ask therefore, was whether you had that relationship change, or whether your rule keeping?

If your rule keeping you need to stop, and start seeking after the relationship. Rules won't ever help restore what needs restored between us and God. (I'm a former Muslim - I know all about rule keeping and promise you that can't save anyone!)

So that's what I was asking, and what purpose I was asking it for..

It's quite possible you have had that relational change between you and God, we all do have a sanctification road to travel in Christ, I just wanted to delve in and make certain of the relationship aspect itself. (Because I dont know you very well.. :) I can hope or guess, but I can't know without asking straight out)

Thanks for trying to help. I definitely have a relationship with Christ and do know it's not about "rule keeping". However it is so freeing when I go through long periods of time where my same sex attractions don't trip me up. I am sure you've been at a spot with God where you've messed up and it's a terrible feeling. Through these years God has taught me so much about his true nature. However there's been periods where I've fallen in weakness with my gay struggle. I have to remember to keep my eyes on Christ Jesus so I don't trip. Just keep me in prayer and I will definitely keep you in prayer. I feel we all have areas that trip us up more than others.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for trying to help. I definitely have a relationship with Christ and do know it's not about "rule keeping". However it is so freeing when I go through long periods of time where my same sex attractions don't trip me up. I am sure you've been at a spot with God where you've messed up and it's a terrible feeling. Through these years God has taught me so much about his true nature. However there's been periods where I've fallen in weakness with my gay struggle. I have to remember to keep my eyes on Christ Jesus so I don't trip. Just keep me in prayer and I will definitely keep you in prayer. I feel we all have areas that trip us up more than others.

Definitely! Awesome!

Yes we all fall short and we all mess up from time to time.. I agree with you too, it's so beautiful when we go a long period of time without falling into error, sometimes it makes it all the harder when we do find ourselves coming up short one day, always when we least expect it.

Well God bless you greatly and increase in you more and more with each passing day. You have a beautiful testimony, an inspiration to all!

:) I'll place you on my prayer list and will pray for you daily.

I thank you for doing the same for me. I can always use prayer.. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'll take my years of pastoral experience over your ramblings every day. I 100% know that what you are putting forth is not scripural in the least. I'm trying to help. You have a skewed view of scripture that creates an excuse for you to treat people poorly. I have seen it many times here. It's long past time to look in the mirror and do some self examination. You should never need to use deception or wrath to make scripural points, especially to other Christians.

To the last, in a perfect world no one would ever need to, etc, and it's not wrath, and it really isn't even deception either (as I tried to explain plainly) (which only further proves one of my points, etc) anyway, but I may be trying to "provoke" some you, in some ways, etc, but, anyway, in a perfect and non fallen world none of these "tactics" would be needed or necessary, but we're not in a perfect world or non fallen reality right now now are we, so...?

And it's not anything I have not seen or known of God himself not ever not ever doing ever, etc, also, etc, so...?

What would you call deceiving with truth or without meaning or intending to deceive, etc, with the truth, etc, or by telling the truth, etc, anyway, what would you call something like that anyway...? that you just "so happened to notice", etc, that some are much more willing to be self-decieved than they ever are at accepting any real truth, or "the truth", etc, even when you tell them the straight truth to their face, etc, anyway, what do you call that "exactly", etc...?

And how would deal with and/or handle it and/or go about it, etc, or go about getting "around it" in any way, etc...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To the last, in a perfect world no one would ever need to, etc, and it's not wrath, and it really isn't even deception either (as I tried to explain plainly) (which only further proves one of my points, etc) anyway, but I may be trying to "provoke" some you, in some ways, etc, but, anyway, in a perfect and non fallen world none of these "tactics" would be needed or necessary, but we're not in a perfect world or non fallen reality right now now are we, so...?

And it's not anything I have not seen or known of God himself not ever not ever doing ever, etc, also, etc, so...?

What would you call deceiving with truth or without meaning or intending to deceive, etc, with the truth, etc, or by telling the truth, etc, anyway, what would you call something like that anyway...? that you just "so happened to notice", etc, that some are much more willing to be self-decieved than they ever are at accepting any real truth, or "the truth", etc, even when you tell them the straight truth to their face, etc, anyway, what do you call that "exactly", etc...?

And how would deal with and/or handle it and/or go about it, etc, or go about getting "around it" in any way, etc...?

Anyway,

God Bless!
Stop making excuses and treat others with dignity and respect.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
treat others with dignity and respect.
I am trying, etc...

But if your looking for me to bow down to you, or be forcefully submitted to you then I just have to tell you that you are barking up the wrong tree, OK...?

But I maybe did get a little out of line maybe a few times maybe, and for that I am sorry, OK, and will try to do better, etc, OK...

Sorry if you felt disrespected, etc, OK, etc...?

I'll try to "behave" a little better from here on out, OK...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0