1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is it ok to be a fat pastor but not a gay pastor?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by johnflinst, Feb 7, 2020.

1. 1213

1213 Disciple of Jesus

+1,096
    Christian
    Single
    I can understand it is heavy burden and I am sorry for them. And also, I think homosexuality itself is not the crucial point. That is person righteous or not, is, because eternal life is promised for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
    Mat. 25:46

People usually do what they are taught to do. All manners people have, seems to come from some example. This is why I think it is very important that we don’t give bad examples. But it is not that simple. If for example man is effeminate, he could get that example from women and adopts it because for some reason likes it more than the opposite. And I think the important question is, why person likes it. And perhaps there are many things that are called “effeminate” without good reason. In Biblical point of view, it is the homosexual act that is not accepted. And I don’t think children would think that, unless some adult is abusing the child.

2. 1213

1213 Disciple of Jesus

+1,096
    Christian
    Single
    In Bible, eternal life is promised for righteous. And righteousness is like right understanding and attitude, wisdom of the just. I believe person who has the right understanding, doesn’t “eat through his ears”, not even if it is not forbidden.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
    Mat. 25:46

3. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+8,239
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I've never watched him eat either. It's kind of a personal thing for most.
    You shouldn't be talking about you neighbors like that.
    James 2:8
    If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Mark 12:31
    The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 15:2
    Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Galatians 5:14
    For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Proverbs 3:29
    Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Matthew 7:12
    “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

4. SkyWriting

+8,239
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Actually, scripture is referring to infidelity and adultery. Most of the passages include illustrative examples of having more than one partner. Which is the issue no matter the gender.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  5. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Old Soul Supporter

+4,790
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    "Eats through his ears"...

Awesome, classic, ha, ha, ha, thanks for making me laugh, lol...

And yes it can be a personal thing for some or most, etc...

Especially when you think there are other things or other beings or other creatures that are or can be behind it sometimes, and whose presences you feel you sense are near, or "very near" in those moments, etc...

And whom you've seen has some power with or over "other things" also, or as well, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

6. SkyWriting

+8,239
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    No judgments should be made before Judgment day.

1 Corinthians 4:5
    Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.

What Does the Bible Say About Judgment Day?

7. SkyWriting

+8,239
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  8. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,658
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I have a feeling most don't even understand the concept...

9. Hazelelponi

+7,658
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Have you not read the bible?

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:28

lust is sin.. period... it doesn't matter which sex your going all giggly over, in this respect...

The only physical desire (visual and physical) concerning the sexual is to be kept solely within the covenant of marriage, which is mankind's outlet for the sexual.

10. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+9,645
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    The problem is those with attraction to the opposite sex should be able to empathize. They don't choose to be attracted to the opposite sex, they just are. And they don't get to decide when the urges from that attraction arise, they just do. If they understand themselves, they should be able to empathize with you.

11. Ayenew

Ayenew New Member

+49
    Ethiopia
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    There is no such nature according to the Christian faith. The belief that there is such a nature, by itself, is against the faith. That's the truth.

12. alan650

alan650 Junior Member

+98
    Christian
    Single
    You are confusing "lust" with "attraction". If males and females were never attracted to each other we never would have populated to begin with! God put that attraction between them. I still don't understand why I am attracted to men but that is the burden I guess I have to face in my life as I approach 35 years old in May and things still haven't changed. Also, you mention how marriage is the only outlet for sex and I say YES IT IS. Hence why my attraction to only men is such the burden and struggle it is. God does not ordain a marriage between men.

13. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,127
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    I've made this argument in the past and it falls on deaf ears.

Ironically there's a lot of obese people lining up to point the finger at gays. Obesity has become normalised.

But yes, it's every bit as much a sin as homosexuality with the same punishment and destination.

14. Tropical Wilds

Tropical Wilds Lord, beer me strength...

+1,759
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    We all fall short in our abilities to be the best, most perfect version of ourselves. People who struggle with weight are simply the people with the struggle that’s harder to hide.

If you are lucky enough to have a struggle that’s not readily apparent to the outside world, count your blessings and work on the struggle that you deal with which makes you feel entitled to judge the people with the struggles you see differently than you judge the ones with the struggles you don’t.

15. alan650

alan650 Junior Member

+98
    Christian
    Single
    This kind of stuff really does not help someone going through what I am. You make it seem like I need to pray harder or that throwing these verses at me will somehow make you understand my struggle. You are not in my shoes. I am going on 35 years old now and I have struggled since I was 11 at least. I already said I have to choose the single life because there would be no other option for me since I've never had attraction to a woman. However, the way you present your arguments comes across quite condescending and "finger-wagging".

16. Hazelelponi

+7,658
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Have you ever really prayed?

Most people when they pray, they spend a few minutes asking for things they want.. I want x I want x

Have you ever just worshipped Him, because He exists and is Himself?

Do you just love God, and desire to conform to His will, and His image because Hes so awesome?

"And he brought us out from there, that he might bring us in and give us the land that he swore to give to our fathers." Deuteronomy 6:23

17. Strong in Him

Strong in Him Great is thy faithfulness Supporter

+6,699
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know about that.
    When sin came into the world, so did sickness, decay and death. We live in a fallen world, which is why some babies are born with disabilities. Everything has fallen, and been messed up, which may well include our sexuality and sexual preferences too. It was God's will that we have male and female - that's how he created us. But nowadays people can be born who are outwardly female but strongly see themselves as male, and vice versa. There can also, I believe, be people born who are strongly drawn to others of their own gender.
    It was not God's ideal in the beginning, but I don't believe this is their fault - any more than having Down's Syndrome is someone's fault. It is also not something they chose and can help - just as I didn't choose to be female and heterosexual, have green eyes, 3 brothers or anything else. It IS the way they are.

18. alan650

alan650 Junior Member

+98
    Christian
    Single

I have done every type of prayer and pray to God daily. You sound like you're implying that I haven't prayed hard enough to be rid of these same sex attractions. That is not helpful to say to anyone. I've come to accept the fact that after all these years it's God's will for me to carry this burden daily. Paul had a thorn at his side that God never removed after all.

19. topher694

topher694 Go Turtle!

+2,939
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You should look into what the Bible says about the type of behavior you described.

20. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Old Soul Supporter

+4,790
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    And you should look to your own Savior, our own Savior, about the type of behavior I described, etc...

He knew it was a problem with humans and humankind, etc... (The two posts of mine after the one you just quoted, etc)...

Anyway,

God Bless!