Why Is It Always Awkward Introducing Yourself to Girls At Church Groups?

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 21 years old and I've been checking out a few church college age groups. I go by myself which is really intimidating since I'm shy. I notice that whenever I try to introduce myself to a group of girls they think I'm trying to hit on them. So now I try to avoid introducing myself to girls at college groups even though I want to. Are girls open to meeting guys at church? Why is it always so awkward. How long will it take for me to make friends their?

youngthomas

Nov 11, 2014
North Carolina
✟15,226.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Maybe it's just because you are new and alone. That sucks they aren't friendlier to you. No matter who it is, because you are trying to make new friends. I wish I knew of some church groups around me. Try working on how you go about introducing yourself? Maybe get in with a group of guys first.

Upvote 0

vanillaicecream

Melting...
Dec 20, 2012
✟12,496.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For myself, I am open to meeting everyone.
The good thing when I joined my community was that they won't ever make you feel left out (We are all college students from different programs). Eventually, I was able to join the music ministry and met a lot of guy friends specially in the instru ministry.

As for the women, just be yourself. Don't think about it too much, just be natural. If they see your true purpose as truly serving the Lord, they'll come around and might actually initiate conversation first. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kstorm

Jan 6, 2015
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It can be hard i know the feeling. Do your best. Were women sometimes we judge other people even tho we dont mean too. I found when i tried youth i was an outsider. I didn go to the chruch on a reg basis ( even tho i grew up in the church) i made two friends who didnt go to the same school as everyone else but they were home schooled and we were friends till i stopped going.

Be friendly put your self out there( i know its hard haha)

Upvote 0

Dionysiou

Feb 2, 2010
Narnia
✟10,488.00
Country
Bahamas
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 21 years old and I've been checking out a few church college age groups. I go by myself which is really intimidating since I'm shy. I notice that whenever I try to introduce myself to a group of girls they think I'm trying to hit on them. So now I try to avoid introducing myself to girls at college groups even though I want to. Are girls open to meeting guys at church? Why is it always so awkward. How long will it take for me to make friends their?

They definitely are. I'd advise adopting a carefree attitude towards it. The more you are in your head about making friends and meeting girls the harder it is.

Upvote 0