• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

why is inappropriate content so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't hate inappropriate content. I love myself. That's why I don't watch it. It's the same reason I'm abstinent. There's no upside to being enslaved to something you can't admit. If it was good you could tell others without fear of shame or condemnation.

What you're essentially saying when you rely on inappropriate content for stimulation is I'm a loser. You have no ability to find someone who'll love you and desire your companionship. You don't believe you'll have a rich sex life.

So you opt for the cheap substitute thinking something's better than nothing. Making out to a screen is pretty pathetic when you see it for what it is. If you could have the same you'd realize its empty.

~bella
Wow! That is so harsh. I personally think that it is bad because God created us to have self-respect and to treat our special person with tender love and respect/ privacy. This special act is about the love between the two PEOPLE, not their genitalia, and it certainly was not meant to be exploited and made vulgar. It is to be regarded more sacredly, as it is meant to be a spiritual act above all and inappropriate contentography removes the sacred spiritual aspect entirely and it becomes nasty. The things that are said, the vulgar nature of the act makes it shameful and perverted so that when you do find someone you respect and love, you dont want to have sex with them because inappropriate content took the beauty and the soul aspect out of it. Sex was never meant to be broadcast, publicized or exploited for the gratification of strangers whose perversion has them riding solo. Imagine watching monkeys touch all day. That is what God sees when he watches people staring at a box touching themselves.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

Please note the following Statement of Purpose rule for this forum:

If your addiction is of a sexual nature, please post in Struggles with Sexuality (open to men and women at least 16 years of age). There is a Men's inappropriate contentography Addiction Forum if your primary addiction is inappropriate contentography gentlemen. If you can't find it, most likely there is a need to have one of the things on your account ticked by an admin. You may contact a recovery admin or go to Support and open a ticket to request assistance to see the men's section.

This thread is now closed.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.