El Salvador
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is “Good Friday” called “Good?”

That’s a good question. Why is “Good Friday” called “good?’ Or… What’s so “good” about “Good Friday? Others might think; “Why don’t we call it “bad” Friday, or “Sad” Friday? After all, Messiah Yeshua was nailed to the cross. That was a sad event. But let’s look at this some more.

It was SAD that Man, whom God created, decided to disobey his creator, participate in eating the forbidden fruit, and thus introducing sin into the world. It is SAD that even though God demonstrated his love toward this fallen world, much of mankind has decided to continue in sin and blatant disobedience. It is SAD that there has to exist a hell and a future Lake of Fire for all lost mankind, to join in the suffering with the fallen angels of HaSatan. It is SAD that many think the Bible is just a fiction book full of made-up stories, written by creative writers. It is SAD that even though the work has been finished, many still reject the work, thinking that through their works, God will accept them with their earthly, yet vain efforts. It is VERY SAD, that even though the evidence is obvious, people still don’t believe.

HOWEVER…to change the tune of the song...

it was GOOD that God had patience enough to put up with mankind, to give him a second chance, starting again with 8 survivors of the Great Flood. It was GOOD that God gave man the master plan in form of His Holy Writ, to instruct sinful man the way back to his creator. It was GOOD that God left the realm of his Holy Kingdom, to come to earth in the form of man, to suffer heat, cold, sweat, and pain, sadness, rejection, and anger too. It was GOOD that Yeshua resisted the temptation in the Judean desert, and remained sinless just as He was born, without sin. It was GOOD that Yeshua accepted the perfect will of the Father, to take upon himself ALL of our sins, past, present, and future. It was GOOD that He paid for our sins on the cross, because, if not, we would ALL be in a world of hurt! It was GOOD that He rose from the dead on the third day, (Namely, the 8th day) The “day” of a “New beginning” The first day of the week. It was GOOD, that He conquered sin and death. It is GOOD that we now have a way back to the Father, through FAITH in our LORD and MESSIAH, Yeshua, that He accomplished what He set out to do, since the beginning of time. It is VERY GOOD that we have a place in HIS Kingdom for ALL ETERNITY.

No wonder we call “Good Friday” GOOD.

By Rabbi J. Ben Avraham
Messianic Rabbi

(This is the shortest "Writ" I've ever posted)

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
It is an ordinary day, nothing significant happened. It has no historical meaning other than that which was dictated to have with no correlations to the truth. Out of respect for our Lamb of God slaughtered on Passover, I will not give all that which is related to the imitation event any notice, if asked, I will tell them the time to pay respects for what He did went with Passover.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why is “Good Friday” called “Good?”

That’s a good question. Why is “Good Friday” called “good?’ Or… What’s so “good” about “Good Friday? Others might think; “Why don’t we call it “bad” Friday, or “Sad” Friday? After all, Messiah Yeshua was nailed to the cross. That was a sad event. But let’s look at this some more.

It was SAD that Man, whom God created, decided to disobey his creator, participate in eating the forbidden fruit, and thus introducing sin into the world. It is SAD that even though God demonstrated his love toward this fallen world, much of mankind has decided to continue in sin and blatant disobedience. It is SAD that there has to exist a hell and a future Lake of Fire for all lost mankind, to join in the suffering with the fallen angels of HaSatan. It is SAD that many think the Bible is just a fiction book full of made-up stories, written by creative writers. It is SAD that even though the work has been finished, many still reject the work, thinking that through their works, God will accept them with their earthly, yet vain efforts. It is VERY SAD, that even though the evidence is obvious, people still don’t believe.

HOWEVER…to change the tune of the song...

it was GOOD that God had patience enough to put up with mankind, to give him a second chance, starting again with 8 survivors of the Great Flood. It was GOOD that God gave man the master plan in form of His Holy Writ, to instruct sinful man the way back to his creator. It was GOOD that God left the realm of his Holy Kingdom, to come to earth in the form of man, to suffer heat, cold, sweat, and pain, sadness, rejection, and anger too. It was GOOD that Yeshua resisted the temptation in the Judean desert, and remained sinless just as He was born, without sin. It was GOOD that Yeshua accepted the perfect will of the Father, to take upon himself ALL of our sins, past, present, and future. It was GOOD that He paid for our sins on the cross, because, if not, we would ALL be in a world of hurt! It was GOOD that He rose from the dead on the third day, (Namely, the 8th day) The “day” of a “New beginning” The first day of the week. It was GOOD, that He conquered sin and death. It is GOOD that we now have a way back to the Father, through FAITH in our LORD and MESSIAH, Yeshua, that He accomplished what He set out to do, since the beginning of time. It is VERY GOOD that we have a place in HIS Kingdom for ALL ETERNITY.

No wonder we call “Good Friday” GOOD.

By Rabbi J. Ben Avraham
Messianic Rabbi

(This is the shortest "Writ" I've ever posted)
Idk why u guys call it but we don't we call it High Friday ( taken from High Sabbath) because Jesus died during one of special Sabbaths not on Saturday so there is where it comes from.

I have no idea why people call it Good

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is an ordinary day, nothing significant happened. It has no historical meaning other than that which was dictated to have with no correlations to the truth. Out of respect for our Lamb of God slaughtered on Passover, I will not give all that which is related to the imitation event any notice, if asked, I will tell them the time to pay respects for what He did went with Passover.

JS: Some people cannot take up Hahalacha so they have every right to celebrate the Christian holidays which echo Torah, see Is.28. Yet Israel (United) are called to keep Hahalaha thus for us Pesach is indeed his Passover and the day He was crucified.

Indeed sometimes Pesach falls on the Christ Good/Great/ Friday, so one could think of this as their timing is caught in time. Our's moves yearly.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
JS: Some people cannot take up Hahalacha so they have every right to celebrate the Christian holidays which echo Torah, see Is.28. Yet Israel (United) are called to keep Hahalaha thus for us Pesach is indeed his Passover and the day He was crucified.

Indeed sometimes Pesach falls on the Christ Good/Great/ Friday, so one could think of this as their timing is caught in time. Our's moves yearly.
Yes, a few years ago they coincided and all was right with the joining of believers in harmony..

• Agree
Reactions: Joyous Song
Upvote 0