Why is everyone losing their minds and throwing tantrums???

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because nowadays we live in a world where we are so used to having everything we want, when we want it, and if we don't get it, we can throw a tantrum and people will cave in to our demands.

While I agree that is some of it but not all of it. There is an undercurrent of people having enough, enough of being pushed around, enough lock down, enough lies, enough of the false claims of this or that, enough of the riots, enough of all of it. Suicide rates are very high now because some can't handle it and had more than enough and I was there in March. Tat lady may have felt entitled but not everyone who loses it does

The pot is boiling and will overflow.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am in a round room and Rose has told me to March into the corner!!!

I WON'T DO IT !!!
Won't - Won't - Won't !!!

A round house with no visible door drives Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon Missionaries nuts.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
When you have a flattened ontology, there's not much to cling to when things get difficult. Besides, what's life for if you can't get what you want when you want it? I mean, for real.

:dontcare:

So tell me what you want what you really, really want.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a parent, but I do believe that the type of behaviour displayed by this woman was learned in childhood. We've all seen it before, the screaming hysterical child in the shop because daddy won't buy them the toy they want. In my younger days, we got a clip around the ear or a furious lecture and we certainly knew who was in charge. We quickly learned to recognise boundaries and to respect authority. But how times have changed. These days mums and dads will cave in because they don't want their children embarrassing them,or being seen as a "bad" parent because they will not pander to their whims and wants. What we as children called "unreasonable" or "unfair" is nowadays classed as discrimination - it's almost as if we have a statutory right to expect the things we can't have and then use the law to threaten anyone who gets in the way.
Apologies for my superfluous rant!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know how that lady feels. Everybody wants to blame it on her, yet no one knows her story they all are judging that she is acting like a child. I had it to with everything to and I have came close to that. I am forced to shallow things no person should, in fact most people are right now. We are subject to our rights having been taken away, accused of total racism, told we are bad. I don't blame the lady and than we sit here and act like we are holier than her and judge her

Reactions: Redwingfan9
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I know how that lady feels. Everybody wants to blame it on her, yet no one knows her story they all are judging that she is acting like a child. I had it to with everything to and I have came close to that. I am forced to shallow things no person should, in fact most people are right now. We are subject to our rights having been taken away, accused of total racism, told we are bad. I don't blame the lady and than we sit here and act like we are holier than her and judge her
I can see where you are coming from. I understand the woman was frustrated and angry, but the people working behind the counter have jobs to do. It's a difficult time for them too - they also have their own lives, their own frustrations and worries - especially during these difficult times. And no-one should ever have to put up with any abuse - that is completely unacceptable. I could possibly have sympathy for her actions if her problem was of earth-shattering importance. But throwing a tantrum because she couldn't order her lunch at breakfast time - give me a break! :)

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The problem is you don't know her back story, how do you know what happened before this. Sure the people behind the counter have jobs to do and maybe she should have calmed down. We have no right to assume things about her like she is a child etc. Any of us could be there. Maybe you don't get it because your not american

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The problem is you don't know her back story, how do you know what happened before this. Sure the people behind the counter have jobs to do and maybe she should have calmed down. We have no right to assume things about her like she is a child etc. Any of us could be there. Maybe you don't get it because your not american
As someone who has been punched, bitten, scratched, and verbally assaulted during my career, I am afraid my empathy lies with those who were just trying to go about their everyday business doing their jobs.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
As someone who has been punched, bitten, scratched, and verbally assaulted during my career, I am afraid my empathy lies with those who were just trying to go about their everyday business doing their jobs.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

As someone who been pushed around my sympathies lie with the lady

Upvote 0