Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

H

HakeemSupreme

well, all you have is arguments from people that you trust.

My arguments come from people who use hard evidence - sometimes called facts.

on the same, I also have arguments from people and leaders that I trust, this is what our conservative leaders, presidential candidates, congressmen, and senators are saying.

People with vested interests who are likely to lie if it helps their cause - whatever that may be.

I haven't been to the middle east but lots of these people have and I trust them and what they say.

Then you need to start being more critical of who and what you listen to.

Who is saying the USA stopped Norway invading Canada?

Upvote 0
C

conamer

I'm not anti-semitic in the least. Kinda hard to be anti-semitic when you are actively trying to convert to Judaism.

However, you did mention the Reformation before, and if it wasn't for Luther the Reformation wouldn't have happened (when it did, anyway).

But anyway. So what if he risked his life to challenge the Catholic Church? He was still a raving lunatic anti-semite that promoted burning down synagogues and other homes of Jews.
I mentioned John Wycliffe, who came before Luther. He and his followers made the first English translation of the bible so the massescould read it for themselves. He challemged the Church and their corruption with false doctrine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I still do not see why Islam as a whole should be feared rather than individuals (of any religious persuasion) who think that violence is a legitimate means for furthering ostensibly religious purposes. People who think like that are not exclusive to Islam. Theocrats should be opposed no matter what their religion.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Archaeopteryx said:
I still do not see why Islam as a whole should be feared rather than individuals (of any religious persuasion) who think that violence is a legitimate means for furthering ostensibly religious purposes. People who think like that are not exclusive to Islam. Theocrats should be opposed no matter what their religion.

Neither Islam or Judaism have the separation of Church and State, which was originally a Christian concept. Christian theocracies are surprisingly rare. Even during the medieval era and the spanish inquisition the church and the monarchy were separated.

Moderate Muslims and Jews have no interest in taking over the government, but the extremists who do are following what their religion says. A Christian who does the same isn't.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Neither Islam or Judaism have the separation of Church and State, which was originally a Christian concept. Christian theocracies are surprisingly rare. Even during the medieval era and the spanish inquisition the church and the monarchy were separated.

Separation of Church and State is originally a Christian concept? From where in the Bible did this concept originate?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Separation of Church and State is originally a Christian concept? From where in the Bible did this concept originate?

From the Gospel of Matthew:
"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TScott said:
From the Gospel of Matthew:
"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

That "answer" was actually a non-answer to a question intended to trip Jesus up. Interesting how some people have tried to make doctrine out of a non-answer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
OK, Why am I in this handbasket?
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

hmm... i can only think of two very good reasons...

9-11-01.jpg

Hey now! That is an image of reaping! Haven't you been reading this thread? :doh:

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ernst Junger said:
Particular groups who have an inordinate control over the american media take an active interest in demonizing Islam.

This is true. When the vast majority of the Muslim world condemned the 9/11 attacks, I don't think it made the news in mainstream media.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
That "answer" was actually a non-answer to a question intended to trip Jesus up. Interesting how some people have tried to make doctrine out of a non-answer
That's untrue.

I mean if that is the way you want to interpret it, fine, but you are being overly simplistic. Jesus asked who's picture was on the coins and it was Caesar's. Then he said to render unto Caesar that which is Caesars. It wasn't a non-answer at all. If people chose to use money that belonged to Caesar then they had to pay him tribute with his own money. It was a clear statement of separation.

And no-I'm not going to argue this, or any other scripture with you Zero. You obviously read into scripture what you want, and therefore have an agenda. Not my kind of Christian, thank you very much. Red Scripture is what it is. Jesus spoke in parable, not in falsehoods.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
OK, Why am I in this handbasket?
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is true. When the vast majority of the Muslim world condemned the 9/11 attacks, I don't think it made the news in mainstream media.

Sounds as Conspiracy Theoretical as those reports others condemn about the U.S. Governments collaboration with perpetrators of 9-11.
Because this quoted assertion would necessitate validation that billions of Muslims condemned the September 11, 2001 attacks on America, you realize.

Thus suppression of that news is a huge testament to global media's collaboration in that regard. Which, of course, one would then have to ask, what would be their point?

Map of the Muslim World

"Even if we were to agree that the vast majority of Muslims are 'moderate' and that, say, only a mere 20 percent of Muslims are 'literalists', that means that some 250 million Muslims in the world today are dedicated enemies of the infidel West." Raymond Ibraham

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TScott said:
That's untrue.

I mean if that is the way you want to interpret it, fine, but you are being overly simplistic. Jesus asked who's picture was on the coins and it was Caesar's. Then he said to render unto Caesar that which is Caesars. It wasn't a non-answer at all. If people chose to use money that belonged to Caesar then they had to pay him tribute with his own money. It was a clear statement of separation.

And no-I'm not going to argue this, or any other scripture with you Zero. You obviously read into scripture what you want, and therefore have an agenda. Not my kind of Christian, thank you very much. Red Scripture is what it is. Jesus spoke in parable, not in falsehoods.

You need only read the context of his response. It's quite clear. By the way, Jesus spoke in parables so that people would hear, but not understand. He made that quite clear. I would say He did so successfully

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
By the way, Jesus spoke in parables so that people would hear, but not understand. He made that quite clear.

This, of course is completely false.

Jesus' parables were made to facilitate understanding. You make Jesus sound like a deceiver, which was the one thing he was not. His parables could be understood at several levels, and their messages were timeless-as appropriate today as they were 2 thousand years ago.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TScott said:
This, of course is completely false.

Jesus' parables were made to facilitate understanding. You make Jesus sound like a deceiver, which was the one thing he was not. His parables could be understood at several levels, and their messages were timeless-as appropriate today as they were 2 thousand years ago.

Matt 13:10-15

And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?" Jesus answered them, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. "For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. "Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. "In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
'You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
you will keep on seeing, but will not perceive; For the heart of this people has become dull,
With their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes,
Otherwise they would see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.' (Matthew 13:10-15 NASB)

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Matt 13:10-15

And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?" Jesus answered them, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. "For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. "Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. "In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
'You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
you will keep on seeing, but will not perceive; For the heart of this people has become dull,
With their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes,
Otherwise they would see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.' (Matthew 13:10-15 NASB)

Obviously, your comment "Jesus spoke in parables so that people would hear, but not understand." was not completely accurate. After all, you claim to understand what Jesus' parables meant, don't you?

Upvote 0