Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
SinAmenShe said:
I don't see it as a matter of fear. I see it as a matter of being fully aware that Islam, which translates to "submission" and as such precludes it being a religion of peace, requires Muslims to give their life to God and the faith, so that Allah may do with their life as he wills.

And in that regard the whack jobs who commit to the struggle (Jihad) against everyone in the world who are not Muslim, and the values that do not comport with ultra-right wing conservatism, are seen as not only Infidels but the cause for that struggle. Necessitating that 16th century values remain constant no matter how many centuries come after.

Consequently, Fatwah and other compulsions to murder and self-murder, make for a very dangerous element amid the Muslim community due to the compulsion afforded the letter of the law in the Islamic faith.
There is not even peace within the Muslim community, given the tenets afforded by Sharia law. So how can anyone, knowing a father is granted permission by God to behead his daughter because she's too fond of western values, accept the propaganda propagated by the press that Islam is a religion of peace?
Not to mention researching the history of the Islamic wars, proves there is nothing peaceful about Islam. It was born in war, if one accepts Muhammad's tale of how he became it's prophet.

When Muslim women will strap themselves with explosives, when they'll happily include their babies on their hip, as that innocent victim they carry with them toward a check point, and detonate away their lives believing the act kills Infidels and assures them Heaven, there's a problem.

It's not fear of Islam.
It's awareness that the faith inspires murderers who believe their demented terroristic aggression is requisite so that the one and only God, Allah, who requires human intercession in order to bring order to his created Earth, gains supremacy.

It's awareness that a movement is gaining ground in America, using our own 1st amendment as a catapult, to enable Sharia law to be practiced in courts in America.
That "honor killing" does happen here, but because of the non-pc profile that would afford the Muslim murderers who are charged afterward, those killings aren't registered on the books as "honor killing".

It's wise to be aware that the terrorism that resides within Islam, and affects Muslims, and the holy book that gives that license, also describes how the Infidel community should be judged and treated under Islamic law.

Maybe it shouldn't be a question of why is "everybody" afraid of Islam, when everybody is not.
Rather, it might be worthy of asking why Islam fears Infidels. And thinks slaughtering them will help assuage that.

And this Islamophobic propaganda has been brought to you by...

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
SmellsLikeCurlyFries said:
One of my best friends growing up was a Muslim. She was also the nicest person you could meet and her family constantly came out against terrorism in the papers and showed people that the terrorists take the Qu'ran out of context.

Even now, her older brother is going through a Muslim college in Saudi Arabia and taking the fight against terrorism over there.

Thank you. People need to hear these stories about real Muslims.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Based on past experience, Islam/Muslims have far more reason to be afraid of the West.

9/11 is just a "drop in the bucket" compared to the degree of US/British/French military, economic and cultural intervention into their lives over the last 3 centuries.

Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
OK, Why am I in this handbasket?
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And this Islamophobic propaganda has been brought to you by...

^_^ You're exactly what Islamists hope to find arguing for your ideology about them, when they go, BOOM!

Bravo! :clap: You speak and prove yourself as someone who has never lived in the middle east. Or, known anyone serving in the U.S. military and stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan.
But you love the PC kool-aid, as you drink to your fill here where it's safe at home.

And, 'real Muslims' ? Oh my, and racist too. My prayers attend you.

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reply to Thread

Based on history, Islam/Muslims have far more reaspn to be afraid of the West.

9/11 is just a "drop in the bucket" compared to the amount of US/British/French intervention into their lives over the last 3 centuries.
"Victims of US/British/French intervention unite?" :scratch:

Somehow the thought of 9/11 being a "drop in the bucket" - let alone remotely comparable to anything else strikes me as utterly repugnant and despicable, not to mention just a tad heartless.

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

To the extent that I can discern a difference at all, the distinction seems to be a military one: hostile Muslims are called "radical" and friendly or neutral Muslims are called "moderate". As I pointed out in post #25, though, just because they're not violent doesn't mean they're friendly or neutral.

The same could be said of any group. The only real difference is what breed of militant we're looking at. Over there the militant fundamentalists invoke fear through violence. Over here they do it through media and politics. The only difference is the medium.

Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then how can you possibly say that it's being used to implant Sharia law into our courts? I mean, even if somebody was trying, it's not a credible threat, it'll very obviously be shot down.
Very obviously?

Appeals court affirms order blocking Oklahoma sharia law ban

To the contrary. The 1st amendment was argued to permit Sharia Law & courts, to convene within the borders of Oklahoma. A precedent is now set, so that other State's can be forced to do the same thing.

This is the 2004 story of Atefah Sahaaleh . Hanged from a crane, for the crime of "acts incompatible with chastity".
And so too is this, Atefah Sahalleh. (video)

Not all Muslims are Islamic Terrorists. However, all Islamic Terrorists are Muslim.

And denying that their faith compels that action, even against their own, as Sharia Law applies to Muslims only, unless we're talking about Sharia banking, is dangerous for everyone. Because Sharia compels the Muslim to see the world of the non-Muslim it's way. So for those who are what the west has labeled, "extremists", when Muslims themselves will tell you there is no such thing as a difference denoted by such terms as "moderate" or "extremist" Islam. Islam is Islam!

Sharia Law Controlled Zones in the UK

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
SinAmenShe said:
^_^ You're exactly what Islamists hope to find arguing for your ideology about them, when they go, BOOM!

Bravo! :clap: You speak and prove yourself as someone who has never lived in the middle east. Or, known anyone serving in the U.S. military and stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan.
But you love the PC kool-aid, as you drink to your fill here where it's safe at home.

And, 'real Muslims' ? Oh my, and racist too. My prayers attend you.

My experience has been that, overseas, Muslim tend to be against the West on account of its policies. At home, the opposite is true of American Muslims. All in all, most Muslims want to live in peace.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Not all Muslims are Islamic Terrorists. However, all Islamic Terrorists are Muslim.

...and all Christian terrorists are Christian. All Jewish terrorists are Jewish. All Hindi terrorists are Hindi.

Is it obvious how silly that statement is yet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
You speak and prove yourself as someone who has never lived in the middle east. Or, known anyone serving in the U.S. military and stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I've done both, actually. I lived in Israel for a year with an elderly Messianic couple from my parents' church. Additionally, several of my family members and most of my friends have joined and served in the military.

Their stories are all the same. The most hostility our men and women get in other countries is because of what our country has done to them.

Lest we ignore history, we've been a major reason the Middle East has been so unstable. Christianity itself is largely responsible thanks to the Crusades and centuries of persecution.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
"Victims of US/British/French intervention unite?" :scratch:

Somehow the thought of 9/11 being a "drop in the bucket" - let alone remotely comparable to anything else strikes me as utterly repugnant and despicable, not to mention just a tad heartless.

You can find it as repugnant and despicable as you want, it doesn't change the fact that you reap what you sow.

While I don't make light of 9/11, nobody should be surprised it happened. For all the crap we've caused to other countries, I'm surprised the whole world hasn't unified to annihilate our sorry butts already. We would certainly deserve it.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
And proceeded to fill every country they conquered chock full of schools, libraries, and the most comprehensive system of social welfare on the planet.

So as long as you educate, feed, and take care of those you control, you can murder as many as you want and force the rest to convert to your way of thinking (or if you're really benevolent they can pay a fine for their thought crime)?

If you really wanted to do something about hypocrisy in this thread, you'd drop your libertarian icon.

Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've done both, actually. I lived in Israel for a year with an elderly Messianic couple from my parents' church. Additionally, several of my family members and most of my friends have joined and served in the military.

Their stories are all the same. The most hostility our men and women get in other countries is because of what our country has done to them.

Lest we ignore history, we've been a major reason the Middle East has been so unstable. Christianity itself is largely responsible thanks to the Crusades and centuries of persecution.
Yes, I've heard that excuse proffered by people of foreign lands as well.

And yet, the United States is a little over 223 years old. And Christianity a little over 2000 years old.

Do you think the conflicts in the middle east and between the Muslim factions are all due to influence by Christendom and the United States?

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
So as long as you educate, feed, and take care of those you control, you can murder as many as you want and force the rest to convert to your way of thinking (or if you're really benevolent they can pay a fine for their thought crime)?

And yet evidence of this is lacking. But there is evidence that such actions ushered in the Islamic Golden Age, and had it continued, there would have been no need for the Renaissance (tip: much of our society can be credited to the Renaissance).

If you really wanted to do something about hypocrisy in this thread, you'd drop your libertarian icon.

I have no intention of doing so just because I've left a sour taste in your mouth.

But really, your constant attacks on my character are humorous. Why should I drop it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I've heard that excuse proffered by people of foreign lands as well.

And yet, the United States is a little over 223 years old. And Christianity a little over 2000 years old.

Do you think the conflicts in the middle east and between the Muslim factions are all due to influence by Christendom and the United States?

Absolutely, though it wasn't all the United States' doing. Europe had quite a bit to do with it, as well as Russia and Israel. But mostly the U.S.

Especially since all the turbulence in the Middle East everybody complains about didn't really start until the 1940s-1950s.

Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can find it as repugnant and despicable as you want, it doesn't change the fact that you reap what you sow.
So, we deserved 9-11?! We earned it!? Thousands of innocents deserved to be blown to pieces for what others have suffered in other countries, and all that is exclusively due to us!

Sounds like the rhetoric Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson spewed against us, shortly after the tragedy happened. No one can be surprised...

You Are Despicable. And a sinful insult to those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001!
I can see your alleged experience in the middle east served you well. You hate us as much as they do. And for the same excuse.

Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
So, we deserved 9-11?! We earned it!? Thousands of innocents deserved to be blown to pieces for what others have suffered in other countries, and all that is exclusively due to us!

Sounds like the rhetoric Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson spewed against us, shortly after the tragedy happened. No one can be surprised...

First of all, never compare me to Falwell and Robertson. That's just needless insult.

Second, no. You've clearly taken lessons in how to blow things WAY out of proportion. I never said those thousands of innocent civilians deserved to die, nor would I EVER say such a thing. I don't believe any person, regardless of their crime or lack of crime, deserves to be killed by any human being. That is a judgment and sentence for G-d alone to carry out.

What I said was that you reap what you sow, a message found even in the Bible. Nobody should have been surprised by 9/11 because our government has done so much dad-blamed meddling in that region and has screwed up the lives of so many innocent people, that of COURSE people hate this country and would want just a little bit of revenge.

Does that make the revenge right? No. But those that live by the sword die by it. I just wish it was the government those terrorists decided to go after, instead of innocent civilians.

Then, at least, it would have been more just.

You Are Despicable. And a sinful insult to those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001!
I can see your alleged experience in the middle east served you well. You hate us as much as they do. And for the same excuse.

First of all, bite your tongue. Or at the very least stop running around here "praying" for people and calling for respect and love, because at this point you're just a hypocrite.

Second, don't you DARE accuse me of hating this country! I've devoted most of my life to studying ways to HELP this country out of the freaking pit it's stumbled into. When my friends played and enjoyed their childhood I did everything I could to learn how to help and serve my country.

The despicable one is not ME, who is trying to address and solve the problem. The despicable ones are those that to this day advocate fear-mongering and WAR on those who don't agree with the American way of life. THOSE are the people that are despicable, NOT ME.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
And yet evidence of this is lacking. But there is evidence that such actions ushered in the Islamic Golden Age, and had it continued, there would have been no need for the Renaissance (tip: much of our society can be credited to the Renaissance).

I have no intention of doing so just because I've left a sour taste in your mouth.

But really, your constant attacks on my character are humorous. Why should I drop it?

Evidence is lacking...? :doh:

And what "constant attacks?" I've made two whole posts about you, one was asking how you could justify supporting obamacare and this last one, pointing out the hypocrisy of calling oneself a libertarian while claiming that mass murder and subjugation is fine if the ends justify it.

Upvote 0