Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
You can't show how it's fasle though. And making baseless claims of cherry picking won't help your case either. You refuse to directly address any of what I have presented.
Telling me to show it as false has nothing to do with the charge of cherry picking. Do you even know what the term means?

You could just as easily cherry pick verses from the Holy Bible that could also be seen as inciting violence, so what? Some Christians have used those verses to justify doing horrid things, now you have fundies of Islam doing it.

Here's a tip for you. People who kill other people will always try to rationalize what they have done. It's human nature.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Muhammad was 1,000km from Jerusalem.

Ishaq 269: "'For our part(Jews) we don't see how your Qur'an recitals are arranged anything like our Torah is.' The illiterate Muhammad said]' you know quite will that the Qur'an is from Allah. You will find it written in the Torah which you have.'"

You won't find any mention of the Qur'an in any Torah. Not in the original from 1200BC, the Septuagint from 275BC, nor in the Dead Sea Scrolls dated 250BC-70AD and not in the Torah they had in 625AD. He was a false prophet that learned men know was a fraud.

They rejected him.

Qur'an sura (Ali) "None of our revelations do we abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but we substitute for something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all thngs?"
sura 8:12 " I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers:smite them above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

So since the are "technically" semites
they must be getting along fine.

Why are you on this thread arguing about things you know nothing about? The word Semitic refers to the languages of middle eastern people, of which Hebrew and Arabic are included along with a score of other languages.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No, the minority is accually engaging in terroist acts, many engage in jihad with funding, speaking, the pen and only accusing others of "Islamophobia". There are 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide.
Even if it's only 1% getting there jihad on, that's 15 million.

Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph

Many British Muslims Put Islam First - CBS News

A Year After Iraq War | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

The PJ Tatler » 32% of Palestinians support infanticide

WebCite query result

World Public Opinion:61% of Eqyptions approve of attacks against Americans
32% of Indonisians approve of attacks on Americans
41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
83% of Palestinians groups approve of some or most groups that attack Americans(only14% oppose)
62% of Jodanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans
42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans(45% oppose)
A minority of Muslims dissagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans:
(Egypt34%:Indonesia45%: Pakistan 33%)
About half of those apposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al_Qaeda's attitude twards the U.S.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

Pew Research(2010) 60% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hamas(34% negative)
49% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hamas(48% negative)
49% of Nigerians have a positive view of Hamas(25% negative)
39% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hamas(33% negative)

Muslim Publics Divided on Hamas and Hezbollah | Pew Global Attitudes Project

YNet: One third of Palestinians (32%) support the slaughter of a Jewish family, ncluding children. I remember them passing out candy after the act in celebration!!

The PJ Tatler » 32% of Palestinians support infanticide
Poll: 32% of Palestinians support Itamar attack - Israel News, Ynetnews

Pew Research(2010):55% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hezbollah
30% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hezbollah
45% of Nigerians Muslims have a positive view of Hezbollah(26%negative)
43% of Nigerians have a positive view of Hezbollah(33% negative)

Pew Research:(2010): 15% of Indonesians believe suicide bombings are often justified.
35% of Nigerian Muslims believe suicide bombing are often justified.

Populus Poll(2006) 12% of young Muslims in Britian(and 12% overall) believe that suicide attacks against civilians can be justified.1 in 4 support suicide attacks against British troops.

More Survey Research from a British Islamist Hell :: Daniel Pipes

Pew Research(2007): 26% of young American Muslims believe suicide bombings are justified.
35% of youg British Muslims, 42% in France, 22% in Germany and 29% in Spain

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

Pew Research(2007): Muslim-Americans who identify more strongly with their "religion" are three times more likely to feel that suicide bombings are justified.

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

Pew Research(2011) 8% of Muslim in America believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified.
28% of Egyptian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified.

Muslim Americans: No Signs of Growth in Alienation or Support for Extremism | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

ICM: 5% of Muslims in Britain tell pollsters they would not report a planned terrorist attack to authorities.
27% do not support the deportation of Islamic extremist preaching violence and hate.

Federation of Student Islamic Soceities: About 1-5 Muslim students in Britain(18%) would not report a fellow Muslim planning a trerrist attack.

ICM Poll: 25% of British Muslims disagree that a Muslim has an obligation to report terrorists to police.

Zogby International 2011:Majorities in all six countries said they viewed the United States less favorably following the killing of the Al-Qaeda[Osama bin Laden] in Pakistan.

AFP: Arab world's ratings of Obama, US plummet: poll

Arab world’s views of U.S., President Obama increasingly negative, new poll finds - Checkpoint Washington - The Washington Post

The facts don't support your opinion of 10-15 thousand Muslims actively or other wise supporting terrism for any reason.

As for the "side not:" I personally know one Muslim, he owns the auto repair shop I go to. Nice guy, honest and fair to the best of my knowledge.

We should and do, monitor Muslim groups for terrorist links/ funding and subversion because the Masques and overseas trips to Terror U. are where they are being recuited from. So that is where we should look.

I'd say it's safe to say there are around 300 million Muslims who are active in jihad in one form or another.

These polls are meaningless.....So is your extrapolation of the amount of Jihadists there are in the world.

The USA should feed it's own hungry people instead of killing the women and children of countless other countries and there would be no Jihad. If the USA was not dropping bombs all over the world there would be no reason for a Jihad no? Should the USA be able to kill with no retaliation? We kill and they kill. We just did not give them enough credit and now the government has used them to fear monger. Puppets like American citizens who fear for their lives are only afraid of what their own sinful nature has brought upon them. I do not fear death. If a terrorist attacks and I die, why would I care? I am going to be with my Lord. Why do you fear? Do you know where you will go when it is your time? The simple fact that you live in fear means the tactic has worked. YOU ARE TERRIFIED HENCE TERRORISM HAS SUCCEDED BY STRIKING THE FEAR OF ALLAH'S WRATH IN YOUR HEART. Otherwise you would be at peace and know that God is in control.

Upvote 0
H

HakeemSupreme

This is all superficial and knee-jerk reactions to operations the US took part in that were not unilateral. The US was not attacking anyone as you originally claimed. These were operations where the US was covertly supporting local factions considered to be friendly to US interests. Don't misunderstand me here, I'm not defending these ops, I find them deplorable, but it is even more deplorable to hear our partners in these operations, like Osama Bin Laden, using them as justification for his killing.

Sorry, the 1950s Iran case and Lebanon and Palestine are direct attacks.

Osama Bin Laden could have cared less about the people killed by others with US support. When the USSR ceased to exist immediately after their withdrawl from Afghanistan he naively attributed it to his efforts and promoted himself as a man who could topple superpowers. He became a megalomaniac. The US became his next target. He was not on a Jihad, he was on a power rush. History is full of people who begin on some idealistic crusade, who end up drinking their own koolaid. History is full of megalomaniacs like Bin Laden.

History is also, unfortunately, rife with examples of the US interferring with other countries' affairs. In some cases I can see justification for the interferrence, and in others I don't. I'm sure the ones I don't see other Americans do and visa-vis.

That might be but he still gave his stated reasons. Even if we accept he truly didn't care even just a smidge - I'd wager a guess it was one of the arguments he used to motivate all the lackeys he rounded up and made use of.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry, the 1950s Iran case and Lebanon and Palestine are direct attacks.
No it wasn't. Iran was covert, with the CIA working behind the scenes. No direct attack.
As far as I know there was never any American involvement in the

Lebanese Civil War other than the preacekeepers sent in the 80's of which oevr 200 were killed in the barracks bombing.

Palestine? What in the world are you talking about. The US never attacked "Palestine".

It seems that you have decided to start making things up.

That might be but he still gave his stated reasons. Even if we accept he truly didn't care even just a smidge - I'd wager a guess it was one of the arguments he used to motivate all the lackeys he rounded up and made use of.
Of course it was, but I'm sorry, I though we were talking about him being justified in murdering 3,000 innocent people, not his ability to bamboozle his followers.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

These polls are meaningless.....So is your extrapolation of the amount of Jihadists there are in the world.

The USA should feed it's own hungry people instead of killing the women and children of countless other countries and there would be no Jihad. If the USA was not dropping bombs all over the world there would be no reason for a Jihad no? Should the USA be able to kill with no retaliation? We kill and they kill. We just did not give them enough credit and now the government has used them to fear monger. Puppets like American citizens who fear for their lives are only afraid of what their own sinful nature has brought upon them. I do not fear death. If a terrorist attacks and I die, why would I care? I am going to be with my Lord. Why do you fear? Do you know where you will go when it is your time? The simple fact that you live in fear means the tactic has worked. YOU ARE TERRIFIED HENCE TERRORISM HAS SUCCEDED BY STRIKING THE FEAR OF ALLAH'S WRATH IN YOUR HEART. Otherwise you would be at peace and know that God is in control.
You just make up a number with nothing to back it up and you have the nerve to dismiss all those different polls from Muslims around the world, delusional.

What a pathetic bunch of hyperboly and falsehoods. You missed the first 100 years of Muhammad's made-up religion when all he and his follower did was attack, conquer and plunder.

As in the beginning to this day. Smite them above the neck, kill them where you find them, blah blah, blah not because we're a bunch of baby killers- because we aren't MUSLIMS. Even then that doesn't mena they don't kill each other all the time.

Some propaganda, dude. "Puppets" citizens are targeted all the time and it's justified. So by your logic you are just as deserving of random terrorist attacks. It takes a lot of self loathing to give terrorist a pass.

Great if you are killed what do you care? Not much I see since millions have been killed over 1,400 year for Allah as long as we don't point to the disease, nope can't do that.That is mor comforting to you I guess.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

Why are you on this thread arguing about things you know nothing about? The word Semitic refers to the languages of middle eastern people, of which Hebrew and Arabic are included along with a score of other languages.
Guess what? I'll still use ant-Semite.

Origin: Sem 'Shem" son of Noah whom these people are desended from.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

Are you being serious or silly? If you really think that is the 1st pillar then that explains a lot about why you seem to hate these people so much. For the record the 1st pillar is a proclimation and this is the translation

"THere is no God but God, Muhamed was his messinger" If you follow a different prophet you would replace Muhamed with the name of that prophet like Moses or Jesus etc. FOr Jews and Christians.

A real Muslims know in the Quran it describes Jews and Christians ans "People of the book" It also says in the Quran if you believe in one God and the last day you may see paradise. That sounds peaceful to me. A jihadist is not a Muslim, they are just that, a Jihadist, they worship war and bloodshed. Not the true and living God of Abraham Issac and Jacob. Like the other 2 Billion.

I know it's hard to come down off the top of the supiriority hill people have built for themselves but if one can humble themself enough to realize we are ALL God's children, and sinners seeking God's help. We will not always feel so high and mighty. At least I try to work on it. We all have to face our maker ad I don't want to have to answer for being the judge of my neighbor when I don't even know him.
Right, my mistake.

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Seriously. I never understood it myself.

Because some people are either too stupid/lazy/ignorant (delete as appropriate) to distinguish between certain beliefs or actions and a label that is occasionally used to describe them. They then miseducate other people around them, spreading the stupidity/laziness/ignorance (again, delete as appropriate).

It's certainly true that some Muslims are terrorists. There are all sorts of terrorists. The problem is that some people refuse to think about it for just a moment, and fail to realise that Islam isn't the problem, terrorism is. If Islam was the real problem then every Muslim would be a terrorist, and terrorists would only be Muslim. It doesn't take much to work out that the reality is somewhat different.

I suspect that it has a lot to do with the fact that it's easier to fear the little brown people in funny hats instead of numerous complex systems of belief.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

conamer

You're wrong about anti-christ.

Anti-christ is one who comes in the name of Christ but is really doing the work of the devil. THAT is Anti-Christ.
And that is what Muhammad claimed to be to the Jews.
Muslims believe Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, they don't believe he is God. That's a contradiction. They only believed he was a prophet Sura 4:171"(no more than) a messenger of Allah.". Sura4:157 "they killed him not"

They are mono-theists who believe what all the prophets said from Noah to Jesus and they add one, Muhamed. They still believe in one all powerful God so I don't see how they could be talking about some other God. THough many Christians like to pretend they worship a different one so they can feel better about themselves and glorify themselves with their choice of semantics. 1=1 If they say "listen to what Jesus said" how can they be worshipping a different God?

What they have is a different understanding of that God. A different theology, a different dogma, a different, world view. Not a different God, how can there be 2 different Gods?

EDIT:
HOWEVER, You are of course welcome to believe that which you prefer to believe. I jus am trying to show that we are not so different. I believe that all human beings are God's children and we all seek to have a relationship with God. Some have a different way of relating than others. If it will get you closer to God than who am I to question that persons beliefs? I think we should spend more time trying to understand each other and less time trying to condemn each other.

Peace my brother in Christ. THough I defend Muslims rights to be who they are, I myself am a Christian now.
There is no mention Of Allah/ Muhammad anywhere in the bible.
Muslims who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have committed the most egregious and only unpardonable sin in Islam (shirk).

There are only four verses in the bible using anti-christ:

1John 2:18" Little children, it is the last time:and as ye have heard that anti-Christ shall come; even now are there many anti-crists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ. He is anti-christ, that denieth the Father and Son.23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father (but) he that acknowledge the Son hath the Father also."

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this ia that spirit of anti-crhist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now aiready is it in the world."

2 John 1:7 "For many decievers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deciever and an anti-christ."

Anti-christ is a SPIRIT, or THE spirit, that lives in the hearts of anybody that denies that Jesus IS comein the flesh. Every man that denies the Son has not the Father ans is antichrist, and also is an anti-christ.

Revelation 22:18 is why Christian reject the God of the Qur'an aside for obvious and numerous contradiction- no more prophets.
Allah does not = God They are oposites!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
rturner76 said:
Puppets like American citizens who fear for their lives are only afraid of what their own sinful nature has brought upon them.
You make it sound like the people who have died in terrorist attacks (not just in the USA but in India, Britain and Spain too) deserved it. :confused:

What I don't understand is that we keep trying to persuade other people that Islam is really a "peacful" religion, when the sensible thing to do would be to remind the terrorists themselves. We want to preach tolerance? We should preach it to them. Why should non-Muslims be responsible for how Islam is percieved?

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Guess what? I'll still use ant-Semite.

Origin: Sem 'Shem" son of Noah whom these people are desended from.
So now you're cherry picking the Bible.

Ever hear of Ishmael, the patriarch of Islam? Who do you suppose his Daddy was?

Quick now! Look it up in Wiki!!

Upvote 0
C

conamer

So now you're cherry picking the Bible.

Ever hear of Ishmael, the patriarch of Islam? Who do you suppose his Daddy was?

Quick now! Look it up in Wiki!!

I cherry pcked the Oxford Ditionary of English.:p

Who was his mommy, was that God's plan?

" Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring with be reckoned." Genesis 21:12

This gem from the false prophet:
Qur'an 6:83, "And this was Our argument which we gave to Abraham against his people. And We gave him Ishaq(Isaac) and Yah'qub (Jacob) [Sorry big Mo, Abraham was given Isaac and Ismaeal. Jacob came later ]
;each did We guide, and Nuh (Noah) did we guide before, and of his descendants, David and Solomon, and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron; and thus do We reward those who do good(following Muhammad's example in the Sunnah). And Zachariah and Yahya (John), Isa (Jesus) and Elias; every one was of the good[i.e. Muslim]; And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot and every one We prefer above men and jin."

Allah was no brighter than Muhammad. Job was a gentile and a contemporary of Abraham. He couldn't as such be Abraham's descendant nor follow Solomon, lame prophet.

When you have a nasty agenda, a poor memory is to follow. I'm sure the Jews read him the proper scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
I cherry pcked the Oxford Ditionary of English.:p

Who was his mommy, was that God's plan?

" Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring with be reckoned." Genesis 21:12

This gem from the false prophet:
Qur'an 6:83, "And this was Our argument which we gave to Abraham against his people. And We gave him Ishaq(Isaac) and Yah'qub (Jacob) [Sorry big Mo, Abraham was given Isaac and Ismaeal. Jacob came later ]
;each did We guide, and Nuh (Noah) did we guide before, and of his descendants, David and Solomon, and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron; and thus do We reward those who do good(following Muhammad's example in the Sunnah). And Zachariah and Yahya (John), Isa (Jesus) and Elias; every one was of the good[i.e. Muslim]; And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot and every one We prefer above men and jin."

Allah was no brighter than Muhammad. Job was a gentile and a contemporary of Abraham. He couldn't as such be Abraham's descendant nor follow Solomon, lame prophet.

When you have a nasty agenda, a poor memory is to follow. I'm sure the Jews read him the proper scripture.

What does all of that have to do with the question of semites? Can you try to focus a little here, Conamer, I know it must be difficult for you, but we must try to focus when we are having discussions with adults.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I find this argument that there are millions of Muslim terrorists in the world to be equally absurd.

If there were millions of Muslim terrorists in the world and all of them hated Israel and America, neither of our countries would exist anymore. That, or they'd be overrun with extremist Muslims.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
SmellsLikeCurlyFries said:
If there were millions of Muslim terrorists in the world and all of them hated Israel and America, neither of our countries would exist anymore. That, or they'd be overrun with extremist Muslims.

That assumes terrorists are good at their jobs. ;)

Upvote 0
C

conamer

I find this argument that there are millions of Muslim terrorists in the world to be equally absurd.

Don't forget Europe and China. I find most of your concoctions absurd since you usually just spout opinion. There's a reason a few hundred million Muslims can't take over the world. They are too weak so far and too few. It helps Westerners when you don't live by a 7th century looting, mudering, coveting, pedophile and believe in a loving God who wants a personal relationship with you.

The down side is most wimpy folk make the same mistakes the Jewish and Pagan tribes made, they just didn't think someone could be that evil and they thought appeasing them would make things better.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
On the world's stage, the greed of the US government when it comes to exploiting the natural resources of 3rd world contries is just as savage and criminal. I know many people in the military who have told me I have no clue the secret wars we wage all over the world where they have personally torched neighborhoods in SOuth America and the like. Are we at war with any SOuth American countries? No but we kill for what America worships $$$money$$$. In God we trust right? Right next to the all seeing eye.

Upvote 0