Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
I have given much information in link that quotes the Qur'an and Hadith and quotes from the horses mouth(page 39, 40). If you don't wanna look at them it's not my problem. Also several historical liks too. Nor is it my problem you refuse to put the Qur'an in context by using the Hadith as counless Islamists and unbelievers alike use.

You want to view Islam through your bubble.

What you are doing is cherry picking, the literature you were plagerizing earlier is also cherry picking. Cherry picking is not how we learn about things, in fact cherry picking is how we remain ignorant.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
disciple2011 said:
When a person hates and loves themselves they are mad. Not racist.

Insane, crackers.

Their words must be taken with a kilo of salt and their actions watched carefully.

Not insane. Stupid perhaps, but not insane. ;)

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I would lean more toward the latter, and yes I consider myself politically moderate. But Christianity doesn't shoot abortion doctors; wayward Christians do.

And therein lies the hypocrisy. You'll blame Islam for the actions of a few Muslims, but when Christians commit the same atrocities they aren't REAL Christians.

That is what we call in the real world a "double standard". Or, in one word, hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, you know I hear that and I try to think what it means. I heard Bin Laden say the same stuff, and I'm thinking "what exactly are you referring to?"

Maybe you can tell me who we were attacking. It should be easy since as you say it was a majority of the Arab world.

I wouldn't say attacking. Most of what we did was covert. We overthrew Iran's democratically elected government, which is regarded as the only thing keeping the Shah in line. As soon as Mossadegh and his government was overthrown, the Shah got nasty. So the Shah gets overthrown. In his place? A radical government led by the Ayatollah.

We gave money and weapons to Saddam Hussein to help him in his war against Iran, where he killed many Iranian civilians. Then when he attacked the oil fields of Kuwait, we turned on him (once again proving that we'll fight anyone for oil). Before then, he was our ally.

So given that, I'd say Iran has a lot of reasons to hate us.

As for Afghanistan, we helped them fight off the Soviets and then basically told them to screw off after helping tear their country to pieces.

On and on and on the trail rolls.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟730,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yeah, you know I hear that and I try to think what it means. I heard Bin Laden say the same stuff, and I'm thinking "what exactly are you referring to?"

Maybe you can tell me who we were attacking. It should be easy since as you say it was a majority of the Arab world.

A Bin Laden quote-

"God knows it did not cross our minds to attack the Towers, but after the situation became unbearable—and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon—I thought about it. And the events that affected me directly were that of 1982 and the events that followed—when America allowed the Israelis to invade Lebanon, helped by the U.S. Sixth Fleet. As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way: to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women."

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟730,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
And therein lies the hypocrisy. You'll blame Islam for the actions of a few Muslims, but when Christians commit the same atrocities they aren't REAL Christians.

That is what we call in the real world a "double standard". Or, in one word, hypocrisy.

Difficult to fit that shoe on the other foot.

How many people say shooting abortion clinic doctors is fundamental to Christianity? None. Gimme a double on that standard with ice please.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
A Bin Laden quote-

"God knows it did not cross our minds to attack the Towers, but after the situation became unbearable—and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon—I thought about it. And the events that affected me directly were that of 1982 and the events that followed—when America allowed the Israelis to invade Lebanon, helped by the U.S. Sixth Fleet. As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way: to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women."

That almost makes me cry. To think of the so many innocent women and children we've murdered in immoral wars throughout our history...

Enough is enough.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟730,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That almost makes me cry. To think of the so many innocent women and children we've murdered in immoral wars throughout our history...

Enough is enough.

It's just that nobody's hands are clean. Killing is killing period. There is no us and them it's only us and us. Humans killing humans. People dying by the hands of people following orders. I have no idea why all this happens but it has always gone on. We always just need a new name for it. I'm not going to get into the whole Israel thing but a lot of people died and were displaced in order to make that whole thing happen and continue to grow and "stabilize"

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
conamer said:
The first pillar is jihad.

The five pillars of Islam:

1. The testimony that God is One and only He is worthy of worship; and that Muhammad is His prophet (the Shahada).
2. The performance of salah (prayer) five times daily.
3. The payment of zakat (the poor tax).
4. Fasting during the month of Ramadan.
5. Once in a lifetime pilgrimage (hajj) to Mecca if one is able to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When will you be vacationing in Mecca, maybe Iran or Syria or Yemen or Lebenon?

I'd love to visit my house in Tehran again.
119701d1243573824-irandungsales.jpg

(hint, I'm the little blonde boy in the center)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
When will you be vacationing in Mecca, maybe Iran or Syria or Yemen or Lebenon?

I actually had the pleasure (if you could call it that...wasn't much to see really) of going into Lebanon and Syria (and Egypt too. Now THAT was cool) when I spent my year in Israel. I wasn't met with hostility or violence, and me and my Jewish friends were treated pretty decently.

Granted, we didn't go very far into either country, but still.

Upvote 0
H

HakeemSupreme

• The overthrow of a democratic liberal Iran and the installation of a dictator for several decades.
  • Essentially building Saudi Arabia from the ground up and propping up its repressive dictatorship - why nothing ever brought up against Islam that involves Saudi Arabia can be taken seriously because the US government are their protectors.
  • Funding the Iraq/Iran conflict.
  • Blanket support of Iraq, including during and after the use of chemical weapons.
  • The billions in military aid and support to Turkey as it went on a crusade of ethnically cleansing Kurdish areas.
  • Several decades of terrorism against Lebanon and Palestine.
  • Several dozen military bases throughout the region.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

What you are doing is cherry picking, the literature you were plagerizing earlier is also cherry picking. Cherry picking is not how we learn about things, in fact cherry picking is how we remain ignorant.
You can't show how it's fasle though. And making baseless claims of cherry picking won't help your case either. You refuse to directly address any of what I have presented.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

conamer

So do you think that the Muslims that are doing the bombings are in the majority or an extreme few or somewhere in between? I think it is an extreme few when you compare it to the 2 billion Muslims worldwide. Maybe it's just me but 2 billion people is a lot to condemn for the actions of even 10 or 20 thousand jihadist soldiers.

As a side note, do you know any Muslims? Have you had a conversation with any. How about Muslim children? Are they also a threat? A 5 year old at the elementary school here in in a city in the midwest. Should I be alarmed? There is a large SOmali community in my city. How should they be dealt with? SHould we start to process them at Git-Mo?

WHat do we do about this problem?
No, the minority is accually engaging in terroist acts, many engage in jihad with funding, speaking, the pen and only accusing others of "Islamophobia". There are 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide.
Even if it's only 1% getting there jihad on, that's 15 million.

Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph

Many British Muslims Put Islam First - CBS News

A Year After Iraq War | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

The PJ Tatler » 32% of Palestinians support infanticide

WebCite query result

World Public Opinion:61% of Eqyptions approve of attacks against Americans
32% of Indonisians approve of attacks on Americans
41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
83% of Palestinians groups approve of some or most groups that attack Americans(only14% oppose)
62% of Jodanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans
42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans(45% oppose)
A minority of Muslims dissagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans:
(Egypt34%:Indonesia45%: Pakistan 33%)
About half of those apposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al_Qaeda's attitude twards the U.S.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

Pew Research(2010) 60% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hamas(34% negative)
49% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hamas(48% negative)
49% of Nigerians have a positive view of Hamas(25% negative)
39% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hamas(33% negative)

Muslim Publics Divided on Hamas and Hezbollah | Pew Global Attitudes Project

YNet: One third of Palestinians (32%) support the slaughter of a Jewish family, ncluding children. I remember them passing out candy after the act in celebration!!

The PJ Tatler » 32% of Palestinians support infanticide
Poll: 32% of Palestinians support Itamar attack - Israel News, Ynetnews

Pew Research(2010):55% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hezbollah
30% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hezbollah
45% of Nigerians Muslims have a positive view of Hezbollah(26%negative)
43% of Nigerians have a positive view of Hezbollah(33% negative)

Pew Research:(2010): 15% of Indonesians believe suicide bombings are often justified.
35% of Nigerian Muslims believe suicide bombing are often justified.

Populus Poll(2006) 12% of young Muslims in Britian(and 12% overall) believe that suicide attacks against civilians can be justified.1 in 4 support suicide attacks against British troops.

More Survey Research from a British Islamist Hell :: Daniel Pipes

Pew Research(2007): 26% of young American Muslims believe suicide bombings are justified.
35% of youg British Muslims, 42% in France, 22% in Germany and 29% in Spain

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

Pew Research(2007): Muslim-Americans who identify more strongly with their "religion" are three times more likely to feel that suicide bombings are justified.

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

Pew Research(2011) 8% of Muslim in America believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified.
28% of Egyptian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified.

Muslim Americans: No Signs of Growth in Alienation or Support for Extremism | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

ICM: 5% of Muslims in Britain tell pollsters they would not report a planned terrorist attack to authorities.
27% do not support the deportation of Islamic extremist preaching violence and hate.

Federation of Student Islamic Soceities: About 1-5 Muslim students in Britain(18%) would not report a fellow Muslim planning a trerrist attack.

ICM Poll: 25% of British Muslims disagree that a Muslim has an obligation to report terrorists to police.

Zogby International 2011:Majorities in all six countries said they viewed the United States less favorably following the killing of the Al-Qaeda[Osama bin Laden] in Pakistan.

AFP: Arab world's ratings of Obama, US plummet: poll

Arab world’s views of U.S., President Obama increasingly negative, new poll finds - Checkpoint Washington - The Washington Post

The facts don't support your opinion of 10-15 thousand Muslims actively or other wise supporting terrism for any reason.

As for the "side not:" I personally know one Muslim, he owns the auto repair shop I go to. Nice guy, honest and fair to the best of my knowledge.

We should and do, monitor Muslim groups for terrorist links/ funding and subversion because the Masques and overseas trips to Terror U. are where they are being recuited from. So that is where we should look.

I'd say it's safe to say there are around 300 million Muslims who are active in jihad in one form or another.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
  • The overthrow of a democratic liberal Iran and the installation of a dictator for several decades.
  • Essentially building Saudi Arabia from the ground up and propping up its repressive dictatorship - why nothing ever brought up against Islam that involves Saudi Arabia can be taken seriously because the US government are their protectors.
  • Funding the Iraq/Iran conflict.
  • Blanket support of Iraq, including during and after the use of chemical weapons.
  • The billions in military aid and support to Turkey as it went on a crusade of ethnically cleansing Kurdish areas.
  • Several decades of terrorism against Lebanon and Palestine.
  • Several dozen military bases throughout the region.

This is all superficial and knee-jerk reactions to operations the US took part in that were not unilateral. The US was not attacking anyone as you originally claimed. These were operations where the US was covertly supporting local factions considered to be friendly to US interests. Don't misunderstand me here, I'm not defending these ops, I find them deplorable, but it is even more deplorable to hear our partners in these operations, like Osama Bin Laden, using them as justification for his killing.

Osama Bin Laden could have cared less about the people killed by others with US support. When the USSR ceased to exist immediately after their withdrawl from Afghanistan he naively attributed it to his efforts and promoted himself as a man who could topple superpowers. He became a megalomaniac. The US became his next target. He was not on a Jihad, he was on a power rush. History is full of people who begin on some idealistic crusade, who end up drinking their own koolaid. History is full of megalomaniacs like Bin Laden.

History is also, unfortunately, rife with examples of the US interferring with other countries' affairs. In some cases I can see justification for the interferrence, and in others I don't. I'm sure the ones I don't see other Americans do and visa-vis.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

Islam was started by Arabs.

Arabs are Semites.

How can one be Anti-Self?

No Semitism has nothing to do with it.

It is humans hating humans. Religion is just the scapegoat.
Muhammad was 1,000km from Jerusalem.

Ishaq 269: "'For our part(Jews) we don't see how your Qur'an recitals are arranged anything like our Torah is.' The illiterate Muhammad said]' you know quite will that the Qur'an is from Allah. You will find it written in the Torah which you have.'"

You won't find any mention of the Qur'an in any Torah. Not in the original from 1200BC, the Septuagint from 275BC, nor in the Dead Sea Scrolls dated 250BC-70AD and not in the Torah they had in 625AD. He was a false prophet that learned men know was a fraud.

They rejected him.

Qur'an sura (Ali) "None of our revelations do we abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but we substitute for something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all thngs?"
sura 8:12 " I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers:smite them above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

So since the are "technically" semites
they must be getting along fine.

Upvote 0