• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by SmellsLikeCurlyFries, Feb 25, 2012.

1. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    Let me get this straight?

Your King believes in sowing and reaping, but you don't?

That does not make any sense.

2. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    Question.

What do moderate Christians say about people that claim Christianity and shoot abortion clinic doctors?

Do they claim that those are fine, upstanding, God-fearing Christians?

Or cowardly, devil possessed people not at all Christian?

Which is said?

3. SmellsLikeCurlyFries

SmellsLikeCurlyFries Social Capitalist

+73
    Pagan
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    And there are many Christian denominations that believe that Jesus is the Messiah but not G-d, so there is really no difference there between Christianity/Messianic Judaism and Islam.

And if you examine the two theologies about G-d, you'll find that the reality is that the two are actually not so different after all.

4. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    Because just like you King said that you will wrestle with the worldly temptation and sin while being here in this world and to battle those things, so did mammie the prophet.

It is what all shamans say. That the spiritual world is always better than the physical world.

It is SOP for religions.

And agains jihad can take the form of carnal war to spiritual war.

BUT YOUR KING said your war, as a Christian, is not with flesh and blood. Yet you routinely go off and praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

Why? Your King said otherwise.

Why do you not follow the King's word. He is your sovereign.

5. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private

Well isn't that the stadard of all humans that wish to impose their control on others?

Is not religion, like ideology, just another scapegoat to stir people into wanting to hate and kill one another?

I don't blame concepts and constructs for what is clearly just humans being humans.

6. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    George Washington and the rebel army were branded terrorists by Tory loyalists.

Terrorist is a word used by people to daemonise others so that it is easy to not see them as kinspeople and therefore kill them.

7. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private

You do realise that Arabs are Semites right?

8. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    I agree 100%.

But what is far worse is when people become so blinded by the righteousness of their cause that they begin to believe things contrary to their founders words and then attribute them to that founder.

9. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private

But God says that people that lie will be with him.

Psalms 101:7
    He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.

I think your God would say it is a most dangerous thing.

Oh look there:

Proverbs 19:5
    A false witness shall not be unpunished, and [he that] speaketh lies shall not escape.

Well there you have it.

10. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    NO NO NO NO

We do not fear concepts. We fear humans that the end justifies the means.

It does not matter if they hide behind religion or ideology, it is the human that is at fault.

11. Theofane

Theofane Guest

+0
    I would lean more toward the latter, and yes I consider myself politically moderate. But Christianity doesn't shoot abortion doctors; wayward Christians do.

12. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    No the troops are fighting for the pittance they are paid to send home to wives whom often leave them for guys they webcam with on the net.

They are not fighting for OUR freedoms. Because no but our government is threatening our freedoms. And in the case of Bush and Obama, they took them away and keep them away.

No if the troops want to fight for freedom they would surround the white house and demand the patriot acts are to be repealed.

But as they are not, they are working for the freedom of the plutocrats in office and their corporate masters.

Unless you are in one of those two categories, they are doing nothing for you.

13. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private

People also believed that there were canals of water like in Venice on Mars.
    That salamander were born of fire.
    That a all aboriginal Americans were savages.
    That the Plymouth Colonists were pilgrims seeking freedom of religion in the New World.
    And that Columbus discovered the US.

They were well spoken and leaders at the time all of it was said.

Were they right?

No.

But here is the catch. If you say a lie long enough, you will believe it to be true.

14. Notedstrangeperson

Notedstrangeperson Well-Known Member

+99
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    Nonsense. Many people have been threatened with imprisonment for burning Qu'rans by the government - and they're threatened with deaths by Muslims. Two US soldiers were killed after they burned Qu'rans. A teacher was jailed simply for naming a teddy bear Mohammed.

Muslims, both in the Middle East and in Western countries, are not punished if they choose to burn Bibles. Some were arrested when they chose to burn flags on the anniversity of 9/11, but they were certainly not killed.

Saying Christians get off scott-free while poor innocent Muslims are persecuted is just plain wrong.

The flag-burning I mentioned above occured in Britain. All the the perpetrators behind the July 7th bombing in London were born in Britain, as was one of the terrorists behind the fail attack on Glasgow airport and the failed US shoe-bomber. They didn't live under an oppressive government.

Indeed research has show that Islamic terrorists are more likely to come from middle-to-high income families and are more likely to have a better education than the general population in the Middle East. They have less to complain about that the average Muslim.

15. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    Islam was started by Arabs.

Arabs are Semites.

How can one be Anti-Self?

No Semitism has nothing to do with it.

It is humans hating humans. Religion is just the scapegoat.

16. TScott

TScott Curmudgeon

+145
    Non-Denom
    US-Democrat
    Yeah, you know I hear that and I try to think what it means. I heard Bin Laden say the same stuff, and I'm thinking "what exactly are you referring to?"

Maybe you can tell me who we were attacking. It should be easy since as you say it was a majority of the Arab world.

17. Notedstrangeperson

Notedstrangeperson Well-Known Member

+99
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    In my experience - usually after talking with white racists - it's perfectly possible for a person to hate not only their own race, but their own ethnic group.

18. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private

Wayward Christians... staying followers of Jesus Christ...

No these are oxymorons.

Like saying righteous sinners.

Let's just acknowledge the 800 pound primate. They are NOT Christians.

19. TScott

TScott Curmudgeon

+145
    Non-Denom
    US-Democrat
    No it isn't.

20. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    When a person hates and loves themselves they are mad. Not racist.

Insane, crackers.

Their words must be taken with a kilo of salt and their actions watched carefully.