Why is Christianity the right religion to you?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so I'm making an article for my website about why Christianity is the right religion out of all of the religions out there and I'm having a little bit of difficulty with it. I was wondering how my brothers and sisters came to Christ and why they chose Christ and how they know for sure that Christ is the right religion. Does the Holy Spirit tell you that Christ is the right religion? Were you lead to Christ like I was? Or was Christ just the logical decision to you? Any information will be helpful for the article.

Christianity is the right religion to me because I was lead into Christianity by God. I never once considered other religions. Before I came to Christ I was an Atheist. When I started to slowly believe in God in my late 20's it was Christianity that God lead me to. I also now believe that the Trinity makes the most sense as to how God has identified himself in the Bible. I also believe in the miracles that Christ did up unto his own resurrection from the dead. I believe that they were miracles that only God could do or someone who was given divine power by God. But, I believe that only God could raise himself from the dead. I believe Christ proved during his journey as a man time and time again that he was not only the Messiah, the Son of God, but also God himself as foretold in the scriptures.

I also believe that Christianity is the right religion because the Bible as a whole says it is in both the OT and the NT. I believe Jesus to be the God of the Old Testament. I also believe that the Bible is inerrant and literal and I don't believe it to be corrupted. I know for multiple reasons that deep down in myself I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me and the Holy Spirit has caused me to not only believe in Christ But is constantly reassuring me that Christ is the right way. What about you?

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God says if we seek for Him we will find Him.
Mat 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you".

But God also says there is no one who seeks God.
Roman 3:11 .....there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away; they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.

John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God--

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
No offense to you but it would be wiser to provide facts rather then your feelings or beliefs on Christianity.

You mean facts from the Bible? I could do that. There are many verses in both the OT and the NT that support Christianity. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so I'm making an article for my website about why Christianity is the right religion out of all of the religions out there and I'm having a little bit of difficulty with it. I was wondering how my brothers and sisters came to Christ and why they chose Christ and how they know for sure that Christ is the right religion. Does the Holy Spirit tell you that Christ is the right religion? Were you lead to Christ like I was? Or was Christ just the logical decision to you? Any information will be helpful for the article.

Christianity is the right religion to me because I was lead into Christianity by God. I never once considered other religions. Before I came to Christ I was an Atheist. When I started to slowly believe in God in my late 20's it was Christianity that God lead me to. I also now believe that the Trinity makes the most sense as to how God has identified himself in the Bible. I also believe in the miracles that Christ did up unto his own resurrection from the dead. I believe that they were miracles that only God could do or someone who was given divine power by God. But, I believe that only God could raise himself from the dead. I believe Christ proved during his journey as a man time and time again that he was not only the Messiah, the Son of God, but also God himself as foretold in the scriptures.

I also believe that Christianity is the right religion because the Bible as a whole says it is in both the OT and the NT. I believe Jesus to be the God of the Old Testament. I also believe that the Bible is inerrant and literal and I don't believe it to be corrupted. I know for multiple reasons that deep down in myself I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me and the Holy Spirit has caused me to not only believe in Christ But is constantly reassuring me that Christ is the right way. What about you?

Just for one, first reason: Christianity is the right religion for me because Jesus Christ is alive! He is a living Savior.

• Agree
Reactions: Te're'sa
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Just for one, first reason: Christianity is the right religion for me because Jesus Christ is alive! He is a living Savior.

That is true. All of the other prophets and God inspired people are dead in their graves. Only Jesus is alive.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't believe any religion is the right way to God--including the religion of Christianity. But, I look at Scripture and I see that when people who are worshipping who they don't know, God shows up and touches them (for example: Saul/Paul, the woman at the well, the centurion, the guy born blind from birth, etc)

In that sense, Christianity is the only "religion" in its purest and most genuine teachings that talks of having a mutually loving relationship with the only true and living God. Christianity is the only religion where God did what needed to be done for us to join Him beyond the grave and yet where we are still afforded the responsibility of choosing Him on an ongoing basis in order to continue to walk in that relationship with Him.

And, as a Christian, I acknowledge my biased. But, the facts that we do have certainly seem to support the Truth of Christianity. Witnesses that were still present to debunk claims, if it weren't true. People who were willing to die for what they would have known was a lie--for what gain? Saul/Paul who was willing to walk away from "having it all" to suffer for a lie? That makes no sense. Like Abraham, Noah, Joseph, Moses, Daniel, Joshua, Shadrach (et al), Jeremiah, etc, these people truly believed they had an encounter and relationship with the only True and Living God and that God provided a way that both they and those who walked with God before them could spend eternity with Him. That is more consistent with the God described in the Old Testament than the other religions that claim that same Old Testament.

There is no other religion, that I am aware of, where the originators--who would have known it was a lie--went to their deaths to protect the lie. There are many people who would die to protect something wrong that they don't know to be wrong; but none I am aware of who would die to protect something they KNEW to be a lie. as Josh McDowell says. And, people that truly believe in God and eternal consequences could never fathom the idea of intentionally choosing a lie to stand against the Truth of God.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You mean facts from the Bible? I could do that. There are many verses in both the OT and the NT that support Christianity. Thanks.
I'd suggest historical proof since if your going to be up against people who don't believe in the Bible why quote from it rather you most show historic proof which shows the Bible is almost perfectly preserved (there are actually many proofs which you can research) when compared to other so called holy books and scriptures and show the uniqueness of Christianity when compared to other faiths.

• Useful
Reactions: Te're'sa
Upvote 0

tbenedetto

Apr 11, 2018
Rome, Italy
✟11,405.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus did not come for create a religion, men create religions and they put in all the doctrines that they want

Jesus come for give the salvation

Stay away from religions, but do as the preacher says

And remember, are you more close to the religion, or to God?
Are you following the preachers or the Bible?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because it is based upon LOVE.

The two great commandments ...

"You shall LOVE the Lord thy God with all thy heart, mind, soul, and strength."
"You shall LOVE your neighbor as you LOVE yourself."

"For God so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'd suggest historical proof since if your going to be up against people who don't believe in the Bible why quote from it rather you most show historic proof which shows the Bible is almost perfectly preserved (there are actually many proofs which you can research) when compared to other so called holy books and scriptures and show the uniqueness of Christianity when compared to other faiths.

Maybe I could prove from the Scriptures that Jesus is God and bring up the point that God cannot lie and when Jesus said that all scripture is breathed by God and is inerrant he wasn't lying? That's a thought.

I'll do some research on how scripture was kept over the years by the Jews and Apostles. Also much of the Old Testament has come true and Jesus played his part in fulfilling the Old Testament Prophecies. I could talk about that.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did not come for create a religion, men create religions and they put in all the doctrines that they want

Jesus come for give the salvation

Stay away from religions, but do as the preacher says

And remember, are you more close to the religion, or to God?
Are you following the preachers or the Bible?

I don't like to call Christianity a religion. But, it is how we are labeled in this world. I mean, we have religious beliefs based on a book that we believe to be from God and by faith so I guess we are a religion.

Upvote 0

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does the Holy Spirit tell you that Christ is the right religion?
She does.
Neostarwcc said:
Were you lead to Christ like I was?
I was not.
Neostarwcc said:
Or was Christ just the logical decision to you?[/quote"]
Neostarwcc said:
He was not.
I was baptized as a baby. Since that time, God has kept me in his Church through word and sacrament. Have I seen answers to prayer and even miracles take place? I believe I have. That has helped me to trust that Christianity is the right path.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe any religion is the right way to God--including the religion of Christianity. But, I look at Scripture and I see that when people who are worshipping who they don't know, God shows up and touches them (for example: Saul/Paul, the woman at the well, the centurion, the guy born blind from birth, etc)

In that sense, Christianity is the only "religion" in its purest and most genuine teachings that talks of having a mutually loving relationship with the only true and living God. Christianity is the only religion where God did what needed to be done for us to join Him beyond the grave and yet where we are still afforded the responsibility of choosing Him on an ongoing basis in order to continue to walk in that relationship with Him.

And, as a Christian, I acknowledge my biased. But, the facts that we do have certainly seem to support the Truth of Christianity. Witnesses that were still present to debunk claims, if it weren't true. People who were willing to die for what they would have known was a lie--for what gain? Saul/Paul who was willing to walk away from "having it all" to suffer for a lie? That makes no sense. Like Abraham, Noah, Joseph, Moses, Daniel, Joshua, Shadrach (et al), Jeremiah, etc, these people truly believed they had an encounter and relationship with the only True and Living God and that God provided a way that both they and those who walked with God before them could spend eternity with Him. That is more consistent with the God described in the Old Testament than the other religions that claim that same Old Testament.

There is no other religion, that I am aware of, where the originators--who would have known it was a lie--went to their deaths to protect the lie. There are many people who would die to protect something wrong that they don't know to be wrong; but none I am aware of who would die to protect something they KNEW to be a lie. as Josh McDowell says. And, people that truly believe in God and eternal consequences could never fathom the idea of intentionally choosing a lie to stand against the Truth of God.

I was curious why Christ said "Love your enemies", to try to understand what He meant, and decided to test "love your neighbour as yourself", and the result of meeting and being loving towards the random strangers next door on both sides was amazingly good, far better than I imagined, leading soon thru these neighbors to meeting a wonderful close friend also. The amount of love in my life leapt up by a factor of perhaps 10 or 20. I decided to test the radical "love your enemy" soon (that's a fun story, ask if you want a link to it). Finding all His instructions on how to live far better than I expected, better for making life better than all manner of other things I'd explored (and I'd explored very widely), I began to wonder -- maybe everything He said is true, not just these good ways to live.

In time I was pulled...

Agnostic, I finally began to seek God (with His help of course!), and though I didn't realize it then, I was doing as Christ said in Matthew ch 7:

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
I encourage all to read the next verse too, since it's really a part with this, we learn from Peter in Acts 10.
Matthew 7 NIV

In that moment I was truly seeking. It was real, in my heart. (we understand we are pulled by Him)

Like this even:

12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity."

I prayed "God....make a way from me to you. Bring me to you."

And so He answered in this way:

Not long after that seeking prayer, I slid backwards off a 2nd story roof about 20 feet above large rocks, near the edge of a 1rst floor balcony, where the likelihood was I'd careen off that railing and smash onto the rocks below.

Totally unable to stop my fall in any way at all. Totally unable, I prayed one word in complete need, and ....with faith (by His grace). All at once. Total reliance. "Help!"

I woke up perfectly balanced on the first floor balcony railing, my legs out in the air over the remaining 12 feet above the rocks. Utterly still and balanced. Shocked -- 'where am I? ..what just happened!?....' A second later the tall extension ladder slammed down against the railing about a foot away. It was like a dream. Twilight zone stuff. But utterly real.

That was only the first of some other situations of impossible seeming answered prayers. Christ said how prayers are answered, the way to pray that He said, several crucial things. He told us many crucial things recorded in the four gospel accounts -- things we cannot live without -- words He spoke to us, to you and to me, so that we would listen and hear.

Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I was curious why Christ said "Love your enemies", to try to understand what He meant, and decided to test "love your neighbour as yourself", and the result of meeting and being loving towards the random strangers next door on both sides was amazingly good, far better than I imagined, leading soon thru these neighbors to meeting a wonderful close friend also. The amount of love in my life leapt up by a factor of perhaps 10 or 20. I decided to test the radical "love your enemy" soon (that's a fun story, ask if you want a link to it). Finding all His instructions on how to live far better than I expected, better for making life better than all manner of other things I'd explored (and I'd explored very widely), I began to wonder -- maybe everything He said is true, not just these good ways to live.

In time I was pulled...

Agnostic, I finally began to seek God (with His help of course!), and though I didn't realize it then, I was doing as Christ said in Matthew ch 7:

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
I encourage all to read the next verse too, since it's really a part with this, we learn from Peter in Acts 10.
Matthew 7 NIV

In that moment I was truly seeking. It was real, in my heart. (we understand we are pulled by Him)

Like this even:

12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity."

I prayed "God....make a way from me to you. Bring me to you."

And so He answered in this way:

Not long after that seeking prayer, I slid backwards off a 2nd story roof about 20 feet above large rocks, near the edge of a 1rst floor balcony, where the likelihood was I'd careen off that railing and smash onto the rocks below.

Totally unable to stop my fall in any way at all. Totally unable, I prayed one word in complete need, and ....with faith (by His grace). All at once. Total reliance. "Help!"

I woke up perfectly balanced on the first floor balcony railing, my legs out in the air over the remaining 12 feet above the rocks. Utterly still and balanced. Shocked -- 'where am I? ..what just happened!?....' A second later the tall extension ladder slammed down against the railing about a foot away. It was like a dream. Twilight zone stuff. But utterly real.

That was only the first of some other situations of impossible seeming answered prayers. Christ said how prayers are answered, the way to pray that He said, several crucial things. He told us many crucial things recorded in the four gospel accounts -- things we cannot live without -- words He spoke to us, to you and to me, so that we would listen and hear.

Yes, I would be interested in a link to that article. I'd also be interested in hearing more of your story on how you came to Christ. Did the Holy Spirit lead you to Christianity or did you just come to it on your own? I think a lot of Christians are eventually lead to Christianity as God leads them to Christianity and it's their choice whether or not to believe it.

You said that you were agnostic before coming to Christ what changed your mind? Did you just all of a sudden wake up one day and decide "God is for real I want to start exploring the different religions?"

That's kind of how I started to believe in the Trinity. I just woke up one day and I was like... "Hmm, maybe the Trinity is right."

Before I came to Christ I was an atheist and me starting to believe in God was a slow and gradual process. But slowly over the course of time I started to believe in God and then I started researching Christianity. Actually, I just started clicking on Christian websites and Christianity started to make sense to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I could prove from the Scriptures that Jesus is God and bring up the point that God cannot lie and when Jesus said that all scripture is breathed by God and is inerrant he wasn't lying? That's a thought.

I'll do some research on how scripture was kept over the years by the Jews and Apostles. Also much of the Old Testament has come true and Jesus played his part in fulfilling the Old Testament Prophecies. I could talk about that.

Different people will respond to different things, with the help of the spirit. You may be able to help those already believing in God in some manner, for instance. We can be sure we ourselves are praying the prayer Christ gave us to pray, and also to pray if we try to evangelize to be aided! Pray with faith, as Christ said to, knowing you are doing what is aligned to His will, with confidence. We are spreading seeds when we give quotes from Christ, and those seeds He told us in the gospels work over time in a way the seed spreader does not know! (ask if need the chapter and verse, as I'd have to search it up, but know the wording). So, instead of expecting immediate response usually (though it can happen), expect you are a seed planter, and be gracious and kind and show the spirit. Of course sometimes we instead want to pull weeds (understandable, I've done plenty!), and then it's crucial not to be in an combative argument, but instead to say something related to the good news or preparatory. Listening is central. In Athens, Paul did plenty of listening and observing before he spoke up. We don't want to be diverted emotionally by the shouts of skeptics in the marketplace, and because we know they will shout, it helps to know already you are in a marketplace (on the internet), and expect all manner. Look to post #10 by a_thinker to show what pulled me in, the seed that I got. I know this seed works. :) Still, we hope to be led by the spirit, meaning we can't know ahead of time what might be the right thing to say in many situations. You may meet someone for example where what is needed is plenty of sympathetic listening, and love, and those help prepare the soil.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Different people will respond to different things, with the help of the spirit. You may be able to help those already believing in God in some manner, for instance. We can be sure we ourselves are praying the prayer Christ gave us to pray, and also to pray if we try to evangelize to be aided! Pray with faith, as Christ said to, knowing you are doing what is aligned to His will, with confidence. We are spreading seeds when we give quotes from Christ, and those seeds He told us in the gospels work over time in a way the seed spreader does not know! (ask if need the chapter and verse, as I'd have to search it up, but know the wording). So, instead of expecting immediate response usually (though it can happen), expect you are a seed planter, and be gracious and kind and show the spirit. Of course sometimes we instead want to pull weeds (understandable, I've done plenty!), and then it's crucial not to be in an combative argument, but instead to say something related to the good news or preparatory. Listening is central. In Athens, Paul did plenty of listening and observing before he spoke up. We don't want to be diverted emotionally by the shouts of skeptics in the marketplace, and because we know they will shout, it helps to know already you are in a marketplace (on the internet), and expect all manner. Look to post #10 by a_thinker to show what pulled me in, the seed that I got. I know this seed works. :) Still, we hope to be led by the spirit, meaning we can't know ahead of time what might be the right thing to say in many situations. You may meet someone for example where what is needed is plenty of sympathetic listening, and love, and those help prepare the soil.

Yes! When I was being lead to Christ I had a Christian friend who would quote scripture to me and answer all of the problems that I had with scripture. So absolutely! The inerrancy of scripture can be used to lead people to Christ. Yeah, give me that scripture I think it would be powerful in my article. It is important when bringing people to Christ to do it slowly and to be patient. A lot of people don't believe in Christ but yet, they'll blaspheme his name like there's no tomorrow. When's the last time someone's used the name of a Prophet as a curse word? Never.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I would be interested in a link to that article. I'd also be interested in hearing more of your story on how you came to Christ. Did the Holy Spirit lead you to Christianity or did you just come to it on your own? I think a lot of Christians are eventually lead to Christianity as God leads them to Christianity and it's their choice whether or not to believe it.

You said that you were agnostic before coming to Christ what changed your mind? Did you just all of a sudden wake up one day and decide "God is for real I want to start exploring the different religions?"

That's kind of how I started to believe in the Trinity. I just woke up one day and I was like... "Hmm, maybe the Trinity is right."

Before I came to Christ I was an atheist and me starting to believe in God was a slow and gradual process. But slowly over the course of time I started to believe in God and then I started researching Christianity. Actually, I just started clicking on Christian websites and Christianity started to make sense to me.

Was it just my intellectual curiosity or was I pulled? I was pulled -- did I make that clear enough above? Of course, to the person at the time, it seems to them just an urge to know more, so an agnostic would for that time feel it was their "curiosity" or some urge or "intuition". Only later might they better realize they were pulled by Spirit.

Is the "love your enemy" experience the link you wanted?
Do You Love Your Enemies?

Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Was it just my intellectual curiosity or was I pulled? I was pulled -- did I make that clear enough above? Of course, to the person at the time, it seems to them just an urge to know more, so an agnostic would for that time feel it was their "curiosity" or some urge or "intuition". Only later might they better realize they were pulled by Spirit.

Is the "love your enemy" experience the link you wanted?
Do You Love Your Enemies?

Yeah that's the one. Thanks. Oh sorry I didn't realize you already answered all of my questions in your post. Sorry, I only got like 4 hours of sleep last night lol.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes! When I was being lead to Christ I had a Christian friend who would quote scripture to me and answer all of the problems that I had with scripture. So absolutely! The inerrancy of scripture can be used to lead people to Christ. Yeah, give me that scripture I think it would be powerful in my article. It is important when bringing people to Christ to do it slowly and to be patient. A lot of people don't believe in Christ but yet, they'll blaspheme his name like there's no tomorrow. When's the last time someone's used the name of a Prophet as a curse word? Never.

You mean the seed spread, but then it grows when you don't know scripture? That's useful for us to know when we evangelize, but it's not the seed itself the lost need to hear of course. All of Mark ch 4 verses 1-32 really, though that part is at the end of these.
Mark 4 NIV

Upvote 0