Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is commonly also thought of as having a goal. A Buddhist could make the same argument you just did about Buddhism and apply it to Christianity: "Christianity is doing what gets one to heaven", etc.

If you are dealing with an intelligent person of another religion, being overly polemical is rarely the best approach.

Anyone can make a comment, it is in justifing it there there are problems.
As I have said buddism is about working to get to nivarda.
Christianity has salvation as a free gift.
While a buddist can point at the good works a Christian should be doing. There is a big difference between working for a reward and working out of love.
Look at the fruits of Christianity, it is hard to find places around the world, where Christians are not working to help others, spread education and medical szervices among the poorest of the world.

There is No other belief that seeks to do so much for so many.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Anyone can make a comment, it is in justifing it there there are problems.
As I have said buddism is about working to get to nivarda.
Christianity has salvation as a free gift.
While a buddist can point at the good works a Christian should be doing. There is a big difference between working for a reward and working out of love.

It's ridiculous to say that only Christians know how to love, and somehow non-Christians are doomed to merely being mercenary in their motives. This does not conform to a great many peoples experience of the world and does not lend intellectual credibility to you.

Look at the fruits of Christianity, it is hard to find places around the world, where Christians are not working to help others, spread education and medical szervices among the poorest of the world.

The record of Christian engagement with the world is far more ambiguous than that and it's only being intellectually honest to point that out. While Christians give with one hand, they slap in the face with the other. In some parts of the world, Christians advocate for death and imprisonment for minority groups, such as gay people. Christians have used their convictions to justify colonialism and war.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whenever I debate atheists over the existence of God I think I do a pretty decent job, especially when we get on the subject of the creation of the Universe which I have read extensively about. However, I have to admit that I struggle when I debate people on why Christianity is better than the other major world religions. Some of that may be because I don't know enough about them. I have a few points to make but I always walk away from the debate feeling like I didn't make a good enough case. Please help me by telling me what you do in that situation. Also, if you know of any books that could help I would appreciate recommendations. I work with very well educated folks and desperately want to improve my skills in relaying to them why Christianity is better than the others. I would like to gather lots of good talking points to make the case. Even if you only take time to post your favorite single best reason I would appreciate it. Not only would it help me but it May help other readers on this thread in leading people to Christ. Thanks!

Why is Jesus the only way to the Father? Because that is how a loving God chose to forgive sin so that those willing won't die. The FATHERS WILL. Its not for man to choose how to forgive sin. Though Jesus is the ruler of Gods creation as the Son Jesus abides within the framework of the Fathers will. The one who sent Him. If someone has a problem with the Jesus as depicted in the NT then the fault is in their hearts not Gods. It was the living Father in Jesus doing His work and Jesus spoke all that the Father gave Him to state and how to state it. Therefore those words as Jesus stated "belonged to the Father" and anyone rejecting Jesus rejects words of the One True God. Jesus is the word of the Father. Hebrews 1:1 God has spoken to us through His Son in these last days.
Those who seek the truth find. Those who ask receive. Those who knock the door will be opened to them.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I asked the question in the past, "how is Christianity any different than the other religions" seeing that the way most Christians treat it, I didn't see much of a difference, so I began with the assumption that they weren't any different. So I went on a journey to see what other people believed and what they were capable of if they were not born again. What I learned was ... there are a lot of things people can do if they are not born again ... but there is this "next level" that I'd learn just because of this additional capacity that being born again gave me. From this I learned "distinctives" of Christianity that tend to belong to it and no other religion. However, what makes Christianity better than the other religions is being born again, you actually become a new person with new attributes that you need to explore yourself. The other religions are teachings plus mysticism but no transformation like the born again experience ... but the way Christianity is commonly expressed today .. no one would know by looking.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Because it is the only religion with the real God.
um......so the Jewish religion doesnt believe in God? or Islam? they use the same old testament scriptures in large degrees. They both revere the same prophets....hmmm.... when I think about it Judaism and Islam have striking similarities. Makes you wonder why they are mortal enemies. But then catholic and protestants use to kill each other in Ireland and other parts so....

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whenever I debate atheists over the existence of God I think I do a pretty decent job, especially when we get on the subject of the creation of the Universe which I have read extensively about. However, I have to admit that I struggle when I debate people on why Christianity is better than the other major world religions. Some of that may be because I don't know enough about them. I have a few points to make but I always walk away from the debate feeling like I didn't make a good enough case. Please help me by telling me what you do in that situation. Also, if you know of any books that could help I would appreciate recommendations. I work with very well educated folks and desperately want to improve my skills in relaying to them why Christianity is better than the others. I would like to gather lots of good talking points to make the case. Even if you only take time to post your favorite single best reason I would appreciate it. Not only would it help me but it May help other readers on this thread in leading people to Christ. Thanks!
I don't see Christianity as a religion. I see the various "Christian" denominations as religious denominations created by man. And I see all religion as man created.

Christianity is the belief that Jesus is God incarnate and He died as a perfect sacrafice for our transgressions of our Creator's laws, and offers this as a free gift to anyone who accepts it. Those that accept it are called Christians. Their "job" is to then go forward doing their best to "be like Jesus". They will then be rewarded (called the Bema judgement), after this body dies, based on their works, or lack thereof, based on this belief.

And those that refuse the gift will live the ecclesiastes life: They will eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor and then they will die, like the animals* that they are.

*human animal - also called, in the bible, the "natural man". Outside being born again of spirit, a man is a human animal. He's on top of the food chain, but like all animals, when he dies, he's done, with the sole exception of the GWTJ, where his soul joins his animal body in death, once and for all.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus is the only way, Why would one enter a debate to depict Him as the Best or better way? Such an attempt would imply that he is not, in fact, the only way.

When you try to use mans wisdom and the carnal mind to justify beliefs, you will always find someone with more knowledge than you. Ones goal should be to introduce others to the Man who can tell them all about themselves, not to depict oneself as the source of knowledge who has all answers and can win all debates.

The only thing you need is experience and a walk. When your good works are seen, the Father is glorified.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
If you lived in Japan, you'ld likely be asking "Why is Buddhism the Best Religion?" Everybody thinks they are the best... it's the normal human response.

Just remember, you are Christian by the grace of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus is the only way, Why would one enter a debate to depict Him as the Best or better way? Such an attempt would imply that he is not, in fact, the only way.

d.
Whenever I minister to somebody I try to put myself in their shoes and then adjust what I say with respect to how they think.....or at least how I think they think. Maybe "debate" was a bad word to use. "Discussion" might have been better. Debate sounds more like an argument. You have to customize what you say to unbelievers in a manner they can relate to and the better you know them the easier that is. Some folks like a healthy constructive "debate". It can be a great learning tool. If they already think Christianity is no better than any other religion you need to take the friendly debate route sometimes....and you need to stay civil and speak out of love. I don't agree that it implies Jesus is not the only way.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whenever I minister to somebody I try to put myself in their shoes and then adjust what I say with respect to how they think.....or at least how I think they think. Maybe "debate" was a bad word to use. "Discussion" might have been better. Debate sounds more like an argument. You have to customize what you say to unbelievers in a manner they can relate to and the better you know them the easier that is. Some folks like a healthy constructive "debate". It can be a great learning tool. If they already think Christianity is no better than any other religion you need to take the friendly debate route sometimes....and you need to stay civil and speak out of love. I don't agree that it implies Jesus is not the only way.
I see nothing wrong with what you have said and believe you should follow it. I found nothing offensive with the word debate either.

For me, when I go before the courts of judgement, I dont think beforehand what it is I would say....fore I know that it is the spirit that will speak for and through me.....The one who already knows the thoughts, mind and heart of the man in the other shoes....therefore the One most appropriate to deliver the message....

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He "Christ" is the one that came to US. Others, their God..YOU have to do say whatever to get to that god. I wonder if GOD sees Christians.

Well take at a grain of Sait. But a Muslim that never heard of Christ. He was one of those that..wondered about God..and heard about this. Well Christ show'd Up. Its what was said . He said "I am the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob and God of the Christians.

I have always known He does not see groups as we do. Its ONE BODY. And "Christian" was used to make of those that believed in Yeshua.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because it is the only religion with the real God.
Can you give a good argument why He is the real god ? What you have stated is subjective and could not be accepted in any reasoning argument ,anywhere .

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Only One Religion or No Religions are true. All the other ones has Man reaching up to God, Only Christianity has God reaching down to Mankind. Our sin nature keeps us from reaching God.

• Agree
Reactions: Galaxy Hunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only One Religion or No Religions are true. All the other ones has Man reaching up to God, Only Christianity has God reaching down to Mankind. Our sin nature keeps us from reaching God.
This could be because Christianity has its followers believe that they are nothing and unworthy, while others may not.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. (Matthew 7:15-16)

By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. (John 15:8)

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! This quote is a keeper!

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you give a good argument why He is the real god ? What you have stated is subjective and could not be accepted in any reasoning argument ,anywhere .
Unfortunately I don't think I can prove with objective evidence that my God is real unless they experience Him themselves. I am not a believer that you can win someone over to Christ by rational arguments. It is the Holy Spirit's work to convict and to bring someone to Christ.

We don't just believe our God because we have concluded that it is the best religion after rational analysis and shopping around, but because we have experienced Him, who is the one and only one true God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's ridiculous to say that only Christians know how to love,
And where have I said that?

Christians have used their convictions to justify colonialism and war
That people in the name of Christianity have done things that are not Christian is very well reported.
That does not stop Christianity being true.

Upvote 0