Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mystery: [musterion], from muo (shut mouth),
by extension a secret; that upspoken (unknown);
a mystery (through, no explanation), a silence
of revelation; an enigma or puzzle.​

Why is Babylon the Great called a Mystery in Scripture? For the very same reason the Kingdom of God is called a mystery:

Mark 4:11
  • "And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:"
A mystery because to most of the world it is unrevealed, a secret that they cannot get their minds around. It's a mystery for the very same reason that Scripture calls the revelation of Salvation going to the Gentiles as well as the Jews a mystery.

Romans 11:25
  • "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."
Does Israel think it is blind? Of course not, because it is a mystery (secret) to them. Likewise, they never understood that Old Testament Scriptures prophesied deliverance to the Gentiles, who would be included in the New Covenant with Israel. It was a mystery. Again, for the very same reason that the Scriptures call the transformation of believers from one state to another a mystery.

1st Corinthians 15:51
  • "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"
The secret of our end of the flesh when Christ returns revealed to the saints, but still a mystery to those in unbelief. And for the same reason, the Scriptures call the marriage between Christ and the church a mystery.

Ephesians 5:32
  • "This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church."
It is a mystery because it is not understood by most, it is hidden (a secret) because of the power of darkness that hangs over their eyes. How could Christ be espoused to a body of believers, when He is their God. Man calls it foolishness, but the saints understand by the wisdom of Christ the Spiritual nature of His headship and life-long binding together with them.

Why do we think the Scriptures speak of the mystery of iniquity that was even in Paul's time in the church, and how it was being restrained by the Holy Spirit until it be taken out of the midst? This is a mystery because to most, that idea is unpalatable. Restrained for what, and loosed for what? This mystery is hidden from their eyes because they don't really understand the specific reason that Satan was bound in the first place. i.e., so that he could not deceive the nations until after the millennial reign and witness of the saints (Revelation 20) was accomplished. What then? God tells us Satan must be loosed. That iniquity that was restrained by Christ's cross is a mystery to many because they really don't understand why Satan was bound. Many accept that he was bound, but they don't "really" know why. Just as the time of Satan's losing when iniquity will again abound in the congregation is a mystery.

Just like Israel before it, the church just can't bring itself to believe that the man of sin could take a seat (rule) in God's holy habitation. But when He that restrains iniquity is taken out of the way (midst), that is exactly what will happen.

2nd Thessalonians 2:6-7
  • "And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
  • For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way."
That word "letteth" is an old English word that means restraineth. So it was a mystery that iniquity was in the church even then, but was being restrained, and would be restrained until He that restrains iniquity (the Spirit of God) was taken out of the midst. That word translated "way" actually means midst or middle. This is a mystery because so many unfaithful do not know, cannot understand, will not believe and are spiritually blind to what God has not revealed to them. Which is, the mystery that the church will become spiritually as Babylon the great when He that restrains iniquity is taken out of the midst. Babylon, that harlot that leaves her espoused for the pleasures of sinful man ruling in His stead. The mystery is that this harlot is the unfaithful church, decked out so beautifully on the outside, but within an abomination that will leave her desolate. A secret to those who remain within, in unbelief, even though they continue to call themselves by the name of the Lord.

THEREFORE...people who are earthly-minded (like most evangelicals and Dispensationalists) say it's Iraq because Iraq is where Babylon was situated long ago, or some people said its Jerusalem, or some people believe its Rome, or others New York, etc. However, they will nevere imagine it would be the CHURCH! They will deny it will happen to God's church just like the Jews denied God would allow such things to their city, Jerusalem. Why? Because these people cannot take their minds off of physical Kingdoms, governments, leaders, Israel, Iraq, political parties, etc., and so they think just like the world they are a part of thinks. So someone insisted it's Jeruslaem, Iraq, or rome. So what!! Is that what the BIBLE says? As I said, it remains a mystery to them BECAUSE they are not spiritually minded just like the Jews were in Christ's day!

Romans 8:6
  • For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
1Co 2:14
  • But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Just as Christ being the Messiah remains a mystery to national Israel because they are not spiritually minded. Some people think Babylon is Rome, and some others claim she is the world system and still some others argue that she is America or whatever nation is last being responsible for any destruction for National Israel. The point is yes, it's a mystery to all who don't get their interpretations from the Bible. People say ignorant and untrue things all the time because they are blind or uninformed. Trump says Obama taped his conversations, was not born in the US and his own inauguration was the best attended of all. The reason is that he's ignorant and uninformed so the truth is actually a mystery to him. Do you get the point? People say things that are untrue because of ignorance or being uninformed all the time. The truth is a mystery to people because they don't want the truth, they want justification of what they already believe. And God blinds them further because of that.

Have a Happy New Year!

Reactions: tranquil

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why is Babylon the Great called a Mystery in Scripture? For the very same reason the Kingdom of God is called a mystery:

• "And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:"
A mystery because to most of the world it is unrevealed, a secret that they cannot get their minds around. It's a mystery for the very same reason that Scripture calls the revelation of Salvation going to the Gentiles as well as the Jews a mystery.

• "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."
Does Israel think it is blind? Of course not, because it is a mystery (secret) to them. Likewise, they never understood that Old Testament Scriptures prophesied deliverance to the Gentiles, who would be included in the New Covenant with Israel. It was a mystery. Again, for the very same reason that the Scriptures call the transformation of believers from one state to another a mystery.

• "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"
The secret of our end of the flesh when Christ returns revealed to the saints, but still a mystery to those in unbelief. And for the same reason, the Scriptures call the marriage between Christ and the church a mystery.

It is a mystery because it is not understood by most, it is hidden (a secret) because of the power of darkness that hangs over their eyes. How could Christ be espoused to a body of believers, when He is their God. Man calls it foolishness, but the saints understand by the wisdom of Christ the Spiritual nature of His headship and life-long binding together with them.

Why do we think the Scriptures speak of the mystery of iniquity that was even in Paul's time in the church, and how it was being restrained by the Holy Spirit until it be taken out of the midst? This is a mystery because to most, that idea is unpalatable. Restrained for what, and loosed for what? This mystery is hidden from their eyes because they don't really understand the specific reason that Satan was bound in the first place. i.e., so that he could not deceive the nations until after the millennial reign and witness of the saints (Revelation 20) was accomplished. What then? God tells us Satan must be loosed. That iniquity that was restrained by Christ's cross is a mystery to many because they really don't understand why Satan was bound. Many accept that he was bound, but they don't "really" know why. Just as the time of Satan's losing when iniquity will again abound in the congregation is a mystery.

Just like Israel before it, the church just can't bring itself to believe that the man of sin could take a seat (rule) in God's holy habitation. But when He that restrains iniquity is taken out of the way (midst), that is exactly what will happen.

• For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way."
That word "letteth" is an old English word that means restraineth. So it was a mystery that iniquity was in the church even then, but was being restrained, and would be restrained until He that restrains iniquity (the Spirit of God) was taken out of the midst. That word translated "way" actually means midst or middle. This is a mystery because so many unfaithful do not know, cannot understand, will not believe and are spiritually blind to what God has not revealed to them. Which is, the mystery that the church will become spiritually as Babylon the great when He that restrains iniquity is taken out of the midst. Babylon, that harlot that leaves her espoused for the pleasures of sinful man ruling in His stead. The mystery is that this harlot is the unfaithful church, decked out so beautifully on the outside, but within an abomination that will leave her desolate. A secret to those who remain within, in unbelief, even though they continue to call themselves by the name of the Lord.

THEREFORE...people who are earthly-minded (like most evangelicals and Dispensationalists) say it's Iraq because Iraq is where Babylon was situated long ago, or some people said its Jerusalem, or some people believe its Rome, or others New York, etc. However, they will nevere imagine it would be the CHURCH! They will deny it will happen to God's church just like the Jews denied God would allow such things to their city, Jerusalem. Why? Because these people cannot take their minds off of physical Kingdoms, governments, leaders, Israel, Iraq, political parties, etc., and so they think just like the world they are a part of thinks. So someone insisted it's Jeruslaem, Iraq, or rome. So what!! Is that what the BIBLE says? As I said, it remains a mystery to them BECAUSE they are not spiritually minded just like the Jews were in Christ's day!

• For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
  • But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Just as Christ being the Messiah remains a mystery to national Israel because they are not spiritually minded. Some people think Babylon is Rome, and some others claim she is the world system and still some others argue that she is America or whatever nation is last being responsible for any destruction for National Israel. The point is yes, it's a mystery to all who don't get their interpretations from the Bible. People say ignorant and untrue things all the time because they are blind or uninformed. Trump says Obama taped his conversations, was not born in the US and his own inauguration was the best attended of all. The reason is that he's ignorant and uninformed so the truth is actually a mystery to him. Do you get the point? People say things that are untrue because of ignorance or being uninformed all the time. The truth is a mystery to people because they don't want the truth, they want justification of what they already believe. And God blinds them further because of that.

Have a Happy New Year!

"And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:"​

Cool post. I imagine that 'mystery' relates to 'silence in heaven of Rev 8
When the Lamb opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2 Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.

Meaning, that the mystery of the kingdom of God arrives at the 7 trumpets/ day of the Lord.

Also, the 'mystery'/ 'shut mouth silence' relates to Rev 10
Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire. 2 He had a little scroll open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left foot on the land, 3 and called out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring. When he called out, the seven thunders sounded. 4 And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.

5 And the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven 6 and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay, 7 but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.

8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, “Go, take the scroll that is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.” 9 So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, “Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.” 10 And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter. 11 And I was told, “You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings.”​

As to your point about Jerusalem, Rome, Iraq not being Mystery Babylon because it is the church which has a propensity toward literalism, I would argue that is the precise reason why Mystery Babylon will indeed be all 3 of these at some point in the tribulation: because people are literalists/ not 'spiritually minded' who insist on the interpretation that
"Jerusalem is holy'';
"Rome/ Vatican is holy";
"Iraq/ Babylon is evil"

• Agree
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Babylon is a great mystery because it's really means the people who practice Mystery religions worship old babylonian gods. ( revelation 17 )

Like the following:
Freemasonry
Kabbal
Illuminati

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Babylon, that harlot that leaves her espoused for the pleasures of sinful man ruling in His stead. The mystery is that this harlot is the unfaithful church, decked out so beautifully on the outside, but within an abomination that will leave her desolate. A secret to those who remain within, in unbelief, even though they continue to call themselves by the name of the Lord.
Babylon the great is not the harlot, but the mother of harlots.

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The mystery is who or what is Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth.

Who is the great harlot is a different question.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Which would mean "Secret by Gods silence" thus it infers when God reveals that Mystery unto us its no longer a secret or a Mystery. And the Angel told John that e would show John the MYSTERY in verse 17, thus its no longer a Mystery, read verses 8-18 for the Angels explanation of the former Mystery. It was a Mystery to John when he saw the vision it ceased being a Mystery when the Angel explained it unto John, thus God opened his MOUTH and revealed the secret. Just like when He sent Gabriel to tell Daniel what the Jeremiah Prophecy of 70 weeks was about in Daniel ch. 9.

So in shorty.......ITS NOT A MYSTERY.

Rev. 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Read Rev. 17:8-18.

In short.........The Harlot (False Religion/Mystical Religion) rides the back of False Governance under Satan or Mystical Governance. The two are intermingled throughout history until the Beast and his Kings decide the BEAST ALONE should be worshiped as the ONLY GOD.

Islam and all Mystical Religions are thus DESTROYED.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have a Happy New Year!
The "Man Of Sin" as seen in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 & "The King" Daniel 11:36-37 will be a literal human man, who will proclaim to be God, The Messiah.

The Apostolic Church Fathers, Justin Martyr 100-165, Iranaeus 130-202, Hippolytus 170-235 All Taught the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tayla
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The "Man Of Sin" as seen in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 & "The King" Daniel 11:36-37 will be a literal human man, who will proclaim to be God, The Messiah.

The Apostolic Church Fathers, Justin Martyr 100-165, Iranaeus 130-202, Hippolytus 170-235 All Taught the same.

And where does the "dragon" wind up once he is cast out, there being no more place found for them in Heaven?

Rev 12:7-17
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

KJV

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And where does the "dragon" wind up once he is cast out, there being no more place found for them in Heaven?

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

KJV
The post was dealing with Daniel 11:36-37 & 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

You took a left turn 100 miles back somewhere :)

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The post was dealing with Daniel 11:36-37 & 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

You took a left turn 100 miles back somewhere :)

Good answer, which is actually no answer to my question about the evidence in Rev.12, showing once again, your type is not really interested in what Scripture actually says as written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Babylon is a great mystery because it's really means the people who practice Mystery religions worship old babylonian gods. ( revelation 17 )

Like the following:
Freemasonry
Kabbal
Illuminati

Nope.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

God did not say that. Many theologians have privately interpreted this man of sin to be everything from The Pope or Hitler or Trump or a newly born Devil man himself. Nut it seems perfectly clear to me that the verse in question is NOT referring to any one particular man, but to man as in mankind. "That" man of sin. In other words, the revealing of the sinful man within the Lord's Temple. The context of the passage is that the popular thinking of the Church at the time was that Christ could return soon, and the Apostle Paul was correcting them and prophesying to us, that it wasn't near nor coming soon. That first there had to come a time when the covertly sinful man (man of sin) would be revealed in the Holy place as a son of perdition rather than a son of God. Much as Judas was revealed among the 12 as a son of perdition. It is a revelation of the faithful man being replaced by the sinful man in the Church of Christ.

Psalms 12:1
  • "Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men."
And indeed, the Lord is from whence cometh our help in the form of His revelation of this mystery. It's not about "one man" rule in the Holy Temple, nor a great supernatural Devil Man rising up in the Church. That may make for an worldly entertaining movie plot! Or serve as ear tickling pleasures for the unfaithful Church, but as far as Biblical Theology, it's private interpretation! The interpretation of man of sin is simple really. Because there is no interpretation. You just read the passage and accept it for what it says. For example, before Christ's second advent, the man of sin (sinful man) will come to rule in God's house supplanting the man of righteousness. Satan rules through man (as in mankind), not through one particular man.

And even if we look at the passage structure in Greek, the "man of sin" [anthropos hamartia], it is the exact same as where we read of the "man of God" [anthropos theos]. In other words, in neither place is it referring to one single man or being that will come, nor teaching that there is only one man of sin or there is only one man of God. It speaks of the elect as the man of God and the wicked as the man of sin. Any person who is truly in Christ is the man of God, and any person in the spirit of Satan is the man of sin or lawlessness. Selah.

So then, who is the man of sin who will rule in God's house? ...It is the man of sin who will rule in God's house! It is an apostasy that will take place where "the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men -Psalms 12:1" The Godly man replaced by the sinful man. It doesn't refer to one man. For example, the church that was once running by Elect as the man of God preaching faithful testimony, has gradually being replaced with False prophets and christs as the man of Sin with the spirit of antichrist preaching lies, like feel-good gospel, prosperity gospel, entertainments, do not judge gospel, how to improve sex life gospel, speaking in tongues, women preaching, etc. etc. The more you see these doctrines in the church the more man of sin be revealed in the church!

But people like you will deny there is anything wrong with the church but busy looking for a single antichrist or a war in national Israel "thinking" Christ will come for the church soon. That is why the majority of Christians in the church are under the deception of Satan THROUGH the man of sin.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

KJV
There are demons on earth now right? That doesn't make them men. The Little Horn is CLEARLY a man, read Daniel 7:11. The BEAST is killed and cast into the burning fire. Rev. 19:20 says the same thing, the Beast and False Prophet are cast into hell.

Then the DEVIL is cast into hell 1000 years later (Rev. 20:10) where the BEAST and FALSE PROPHET are ALREADY RESIDING in hell awaiting him.

Satan IS NOT the Beast.

• Winner
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God did not say that. Many theologians have privately interpreted this man of sin to be everything from The Pope or Hitler or Trump or a newly born Devil man himself. Nut it seems perfectly clear to me that the verse in question is NOT referring to any one particular man, but to man as in mankind. "That" man of sin. In other words, the revealing of the sinful man within the Lord's Temple. The context of the passage is that the popular thinking of the Church at the time was that Christ could return soon, and the Apostle Paul was correcting them and prophesying to us, that it wasn't near nor coming soon. That first there had to come a time when the covertly sinful man (man of sin) would be revealed in the Holy place as a son of perdition rather than a son of God. Much as Judas was revealed among the 12 as a son of perdition. It is a revelation of the faithful man being replaced by the sinful man in the Church of Christ.

Psalms 12:1
  • "Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men."
And indeed, the Lord is from whence cometh our help in the form of His revelation of this mystery. It's not about "one man" rule in the Holy Temple, nor a great supernatural Devil Man rising up in the Church. That may make for an worldly entertaining movie plot! Or serve as ear tickling pleasures for the unfaithful Church, but as far as Biblical Theology, it's private interpretation! The interpretation of man of sin is simple really. Because there is no interpretation. You just read the passage and accept it for what it says. For example, before Christ's second advent, the man of sin (sinful man) will come to rule in God's house supplanting the man of righteousness. Satan rules through man (as in mankind), not through one particular man.

And even if we look at the passage structure in Greek, the "man of sin" [anthropos hamartia], it is the exact same as where we read of the "man of God" [anthropos theos]. In other words, in neither place is it referring to one single man or being that will come, nor teaching that there is only one man of sin or there is only one man of God. It speaks of the elect as the man of God and the wicked as the man of sin. Any person who is truly in Christ is the man of God, and any person in the spirit of Satan is the man of sin or lawlessness. Selah.

So then, who is the man of sin who will rule in God's house? ...It is the man of sin who will rule in God's house! It is an apostasy that will take place where "the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men -Psalms 12:1" The Godly man replaced by the sinful man. It doesn't refer to one man. For example, the church that was once running by Elect as the man of God preaching faithful testimony, has gradually being replaced with False prophets and christs as the man of Sin with the spirit of antichrist preaching lies, like feel-good gospel, prosperity gospel, entertainments, do not judge gospel, how to improve sex life gospel, speaking in tongues, women preaching, etc. etc. The more you see these doctrines in the church the more man of sin be revealed in the church!

But people like you will deny there is anything wrong with the church but busy looking for a single antichrist or a war in national Israel "thinking" Christ will come for the church soon. That is why the majority of Christians in the church are under the deception of Satan THROUGH the man of sin.
We will disagree, as the early church fathers mentioned, also taught of a "Literal Human Man" to fulfill the role of Daniel 11:36-37 & 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

We will disagree, your symbolic representation of "Sinful Man" isnt the interpretation I see.

Thanks for the response :)

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are demons on earth now right? That doesn't make them men. The Little Horn is CLEARLY a man, read Daniel 7:11. The BEAST is killed and cast into the burning fire. Rev. 19:20 says the same thing, the Beast and False Prophet are cast into hell.

Then the DEVIL is cast into hell 1000 years later (Rev. 20:10) where the BEAST and FALSE PROPHET are ALREADY RESIDING in hell awaiting him.

Satan IS NOT the Beast.
100% Correct!

The Dragon/Satan of Revelation 12 isn't the "Beast" of Revelation 13, who will be "A Literal Human Man"

"The Beast". Revelation 13:1-6

"The King" Daniel 11:36-37

"The Man Of Sin" 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

We Agree 100% On This One!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Like the following:
Freemasonry
Kabbal
Illuminati
I somewhat agree :)

Many are misled by "Christian Zionism" that Ethnic Israel represents Gods chosen people, the apple of Gods eye, The Holy Land?

Nothing could be further from the truth, as Judaism is bound by the "Evil Babylonian Talmud" & "Occultic Kaballah" as their spiritual guides.

Jerusalem is likened to Sodom & Egypt Revelation 11:8 , Homosexual's marching in Jerusalem's streets for the past 12 years, gay pride, Jerusalem The "Unholy Land", Mystery Babylon The Great, Mother Of Harlots! Luke 17:29-30, 2 Peter 2:6,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That's not what the N.T. word means -- the N.T. word means a secret which has now been revealed.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book of Revelation speaks about two women.
One is the church of God
another one is the harlot of babylon which is the FAKE CHURCH OF CHRISTIANITY, thats why its called the mystery because it disguises herself so cleverly like an angel of light. It is the church but the church of fake Christianity !

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book of Revelation speaks about two women.
One is the church of God
another one is the harlot of babylon which is the FAKE CHURCH OF CHRISTIANITY, thats why its called the mystery because it disguises herself so cleverly like an angel of light. It is the church but the church of fake Christianity !
Jerusalem is Mystery Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It definitely represents "the church". More particularly a religion in which the ruler is the avatar of the highest deity which is symbolized by the sun within their astrolatry. In Babylon it was Marduk, Rome it was Zeus, Papal Empire was Jesus Christ. Most won't like this but Catholicism is the spitting image of the Babylonian mystery religion which is based on astrolatry. Much of this is still apparent in protestant denominations as well but nowhere close to Catholicism. It is only in a system like this where a human can literally claim to be God.

Upvote 0