✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are no slippery slopes.
Women will never ask for outside opinions on abortions. When men can get wombs implanted (soonish) then they should be obligated to bare and raise any unwanted child.
Your womb is "your body"

The new human life developing there is another person, another person's body -- not yours

please acknowledge ?

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
free health care, giving money to people with little or no income, etc. instead of letting rich people get richer while those who need money more to survive are not getting enough assitance. Read what Jesus said about money and his ministry to help the people who need help most. Your reply clearly shows me you did not think about my post because all I'm saying is the moral party is the one that does what Jesus would do with everyone who needs help.
you mean, "free...for you"

who pays for your health care?

You mean, all your doctors are volunteers, caring for you 100% pro bono ?

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟663,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Abortion is legal because the Party that allows it to be legal is immoral, and simply
slapping God in the face. They're playing God(by determining who lives and who dies, and nobody should have that power but God!!!), and if you vote for that party, you're slapping God in the face also.

The only card that this party uses to "justify" Abortion, is that a woman's body is her own, and she may do with it what she wants. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell. Is it really? Here is a Bible verse that disproves that. 1 Corinthians 6:19 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 6:19
Both parties are corrupt(don't get me wrong), but I could never vote for a Party that allows the slaughter of millions of innocent babies. Owe, and also sells their body parts off for "scientific research".

I'm not making this post to advocate abortion. I am critical of abortion, but I'd like to make some observations.

KnowThyself,

you seem to think that responsibility for legal abortion is very one-sided. Do you know how abortion became legal in the US? It became legal in January of 1973, when the Supreme Court issued the Roe vs. Wade decision.

Who wrote the Roe vs. Wade decision? Justice Harry Blackmun. Who appointed him? President Richard Nixon, a conservative Republican. The public was angry about activist judges during the Warren Court, when Earl Warren was Chief Justice. Richard Nixon vowed to appoint "strict constructionists" with a more narrow interpretation of the Constitution. That's the irony. Harry Blackmum was one of the strict constructionists who was supposed to be the answer to the excesses of the Warren Court. Richard Nixon also appointed a new Chief Justice, Warren Burger, who also voted for the Roe vs. Wade decision.

As soon as the Supreme Court issued Roe vs. Wade, the Nixon Administration, specifically the Department of Health, Education and Welfare, decided that Federal funds could be used to pay for abortions. Later, a series of budget amendments known as Hyde Amendments prevented the Federal government from paying for abortions. The first Hyde Amendment was put forward by Rep. Henry Hyde, a Republican. (Who was later in a sex scandal.)

It is true that Democrats in office today are almost always supportive of Roe vs. Wade, but the history of legal abortion in the US is more complicated than you think.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your womb is "your body"

The new human life developing there is another person, another person's body -- not yours

please acknowledge ?

And there is a certain responsibility to bring this new person into
a stable two parent home with adequate nutrition, healthcare
and income. For at least the first 10 years anyway.

Yes, a 12 year old came into middle school with another child where
my wife teaches special education. Her mom was physically carrying
the new person and would be raising the new baby alone, since moms
boyfriend was in prison for the rape. Mom did not consult with the public
on the choice mom made for the 12 year old. Should she have called you first?

All potential mothers have to decide if their environment is drug-free
and stable enough for a new baby person. They really know the
family structure better than the fetus does. And they know if they
are too disabled to raise a child or not.

They know things outsiders don't know, like how violent dad is.

Jun 12, 2019 - A South Carolina woman whose five young children were brutally murdered by their father asked a jury not to sentence her ex-husband to death. ... Amber Kyzer, who lost all her children at the hands of her ex-husband Timothy Jones Jr., 37, asked the jury to spare the man's life Tuesday

Parents who kill their children - USA Today

A Sampling of Children Killed in the U.S. by a Parent when Divorce, Separation, Custody, Visitation, Child Support were Mentioned in News Coverage (2008-2018)

State Listing of U.S. Child Murder Victims (a concise word doc. listing more than 650 child murder victims)

Master Database of Child Murder Victims (the most detailed excel spreadsheet w/ links to source articles)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your womb is "your body"

please acknowledge ?

There are at least two physical issues. The mother is physically
attached to the child during gestation.

And then the new baby is physically dependent on mom for a safe,
financially stable environment for 16 more years.

Mom might already be on drugs or not financially or physically
or mentally stable.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
all parents already should raise any children, which should never be "unwanted", yes?

Why should any new human life be "unwanted" ?

What on earth is "unwanted" about new human life ?

Who on earth says "human life on earth" is "bad" ?

Pro-Life groups do not fund the raising of any fetuses.
So it is Pro-Life groups who do not want to fund and raise the unwanted-by-them new children.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
all parents already should raise any children, which should never be "unwanted", yes?

This report indicates that 19 children from 12 families had been killed in the past 10 years, and “each of these children had died at the hands of a parent who was a known perpetrator of domestic abuse.”
U.S. Divorce Child Murder Data

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Besides, it's not me that you have to try and justify anything too. It's God. Good luck!

John 19:11
Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all
unless it had been given you from above.

Jesus said, this then died defending His statement.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
and she may do with it what she wants. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell. Is it really? Here is a Bible verse that disproves that. 1 Corinthians 6:19 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

This is a bit of a strawman since neither party is setting its policies by opening a bible.

Reactions: Dale
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And there is a certain responsibility to bring this new person into
a stable two parent home with adequate nutrition, healthcare
and income. For at least the first 10 years anyway.

Yes, a 12 year old came into middle school with another child where
my wife teaches special education. Her mom was physically carrying
the new person and would be raising the new baby alone, since moms
boyfriend was in prison for the rape. Mom did not consult with the public
on the choice mom made for the 12 year old. Should she have called you first?

and stable enough for a new baby person. They really know the

They know things outsiders don't know, like how violent dad is.

Jun 12, 2019 - A South Carolina woman whose five young children were brutally murdered by their father asked a jury not to sentence her ex-husband to death. ... Amber Kyzer, who lost all her children at the hands of her ex-husband Timothy Jones Jr., 37, asked the jury to spare the man's life Tuesday

Parents who kill their children - USA Today

A Sampling of Children Killed in the U.S. by a Parent when Divorce, Separation, Custody, Visitation, Child Support were Mentioned in News Coverage (2008-2018)

State Listing of U.S. Child Murder Victims (a concise word doc. listing more than 650 child murder victims)

Master Database of Child Murder Victims (the most detailed excel spreadsheet w/ links to source articles)
parents who kill their children, at any age, are committing murder, correct ?

whether it's a husband after birth, or a mother before birth, at heart same same

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This report indicates that 19 children from 12 families had been killed in the past 10 years, and “each of these children had died at the hands of a parent who was a known perpetrator of domestic abuse.”
U.S. Divorce Child Murder Data
We're talking about millions of lives

In any population of millions, there will always be a dozen this way & that

We need to stay focused on the central issue, human life is inviolate

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm not willing to balance the two sides and choose.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You have scripture on that?

Let's talk reality. God is only concerned about the Spiritual next life life.
Not this one, which will be burned up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Pro-Life groups should adopt every baby possible.
But it's too expensive for them. Their choice I guess.
This would save lives.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They're playing God(by determining who lives and who dies, and nobody should have that power but God!!!)
God gives that choice to us. I wish God would decide for us but we have to make all of our own choices in life. Life is always, always the right choice to make. Death is never the right choice. We choose life or death, sickness or health, blessing or curse, poverty or prosperity. So why do not more people make the right choice? Because the right choice is not always the easy choice to make. Jesus said: "difficult is the way that leads to life" (Matthew 7:14)

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" (Deu30:19)

Heaven is filled with babies. If people want to go to Heaven they are going to need to be reconciled with any children they have in Heaven. I had a dream about a daughter I have in Heaven. Her angel was reading her book of life. She never made it to the womb, but God still wrote the book of life for her. She will still learn and go to school in Heaven. She has many relatives there to take good care of her. At least 50 or 60. She has her angels to watch over and protect her and to help her to learn.

"Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:16)

Life is always the right choice to make. To love our child, to protect and nurture is always the right choice to make. To give them the comfort and protection of the womb. Still it is a choice and a decision people need to make. Very young people that are barely teenagers. That have no idea what just happened to them. Maybe even they were raped by an uncle or something totally unspeakable. But no one said love was going to be easy. The right choice is not always the easy way to go.

If we make a mistake, we can be forgiven still go to Heaven and be reconciled with our child or the children that we have there that love us and are patiently waiting for us to be reconciled with them.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pro-Life groups should adopt every baby possible. But it's too expensive for them. Their choice I guess.
This would save lives.
You can be a foster parent for a girl that is pregnant. It actually pays pretty good. I use to think these people were wonderful to take someone into their house like that. Before I found out how much they get paid.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't care if it's 1 out of 100 trillion.
Every single one of them goes to Heaven where they are loved and taken care of. The problem is they never experience this world. They only know what people tell them about the world we live in.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
and stable enough for a new baby person
And if they decide their environment isn't stable enough a morally sound and godly choice is to kill another human being to prevent them from living there?

They really know the
And if they decide they don't like their family structure and that they are not in a position to raise a child, you think a morally appropriate and acceptable in God's eyes decision is to kill the person that would come to live with them?

God is only concerned about the Spiritual next life life.
Not this one, which will be burned up.
You're kidding right? You don't think this life matters at all? You don't think God is concerned in the slightest with the life you live now? I think Jesus entire life and ministry on earth might refute that asinine claim.

Heaven is filled with babies.
You don't actually know that. Scripture doesn't say that.

I had a dream about a daughter I have in Heaven. Her angel was reading her book of life. She never made it to the womb, but God still wrote the book of life for her. She will still learn and go to school in Heaven. She has many relatives there to take good care of her. At least 50 or 60. She has her angels to watch over and protect her and to help her to learn.
...and that could have been... a dream. There comes a point where all the fantastic dreams and visions about babies in heaven begin contradicting each other as to how they exist in heaven that one has to start realizing that they're probably just made up dreams.

You can be a foster parent for a girl that is pregnant. It actually pays pretty good. I use to think these people were wonderful to take someone into their house like that. Before I found out how much they get paid.
Where did you learn about the awesome pay foster parents get? My wife and I get $15 a day for fostering. We don't need it, we don't ask for it, it just comes with the territory. But fostering is of course a full time, 24 hour job. So technically we get paid $0.62 per hour to foster. Do you know how much diapers cost?

Upvote 0