South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Abortion is legal because the Party that allows it to be legal is immoral, and simply
slapping God in the face. They're playing God(by determining who lives and who dies, and nobody should have that power but God!!!), and if you vote for that party, you're slapping God in the face also.

The only card that this party uses to "justify" Abortion, is that a woman's body is her own, and she may do with it what she wants. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell. Is it really? Here is a Bible verse that disproves that. 1 Corinthians 6:19 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 6:19
Both parties are corrupt(don't get me wrong), but I could never vote for a Party that allows the slaughter of millions of innocent babies. Owe, and also sells their body parts off for "scientific research".

Ultimately, it's because sin entered the world. All of humanities disgusting behaviors are due to the fall.

all of creation has been adversely affected by sin, and it will continue to get worse until the end when Christ returns.

All the other excuses such as "I believe in reproductive choice", or, "life does not start until birth", or, "it's economically necessary" are all lies.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
lol? Are you serious? Somehow I don't see any place for humor of any kind here. Why would you want to lower the dignity of your own thread? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you?

But it's okay to joke about?

People can be /get/ overwhelmed with intense sorrow, grief, despair, at the enormity of the abominations all around , everywhere.

Like a soldier , perhaps, in a foxhole before or after D-Day..... surrounded by billions of dollars of weapons of war, no peace within reachable distance, bombs going off steadily from both sides, dead bodies littering the ground as far as can be seen , or even more than could be imagined..... many thousands dying all around for hundreds of miles throughout europe, etc....

..... just break down and cry, or laugh, a human reaction under great pressure/stress of such circumstances ....

Happening daily in the USA..... (break-downs).... stress, lack of relief, lack of truth...

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
lol? Are you serious? Somehow I don't see any place for humor of any kind here. Why would you want to lower the dignity of your own thread? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you?
try and use some common sense please? I'm not mocking abortion, I'm mocking people that stick up for it.
I just came up with a great analogy. agreeing with something that is as immoral as Abortion, would be like saying it's ok to worship Satan, just as long as a person only does it part of the time! because certain people only have to vote for the party that allows Abortion every so many years. lol.
There is nothing more sick to support immorality wise then Abortion!

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Bro. Dave Gardner

Sep 9, 2019
New England
✟19,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe in Aliens? lol. Cause I totally see you believing in aliens. I mean u already said " or things are not as they seem." You seem like you'd be a Conspiracy theorist to me. lol. Could the sky fall down on all of us? "thing are not as they seem." lol.
(As it is written, I have made you a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who vivifies the dead, and calls those things which be not as though they were.
Romans 4:17

Upvote 0

Bro. Dave Gardner

Sep 9, 2019
New England
✟19,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
try and use some common sense please? I'm not mocking abortion, I'm mocking people that stick up for it.
I just came up with a great analogy. agreeing with something that is as immoral as Abortion, would be like saying it's ok to worship Satan, just as long as a person only does it part of the time! because certain people only have to vote for the party that allows Abortion every so many years. lol.
There is nothing more sick to support immorality wise then Abortion!
Sorry, I don't have the kind of "common sense" that allows for the light treatment of such a gravity-laden topic.

Upvote 0

Bro. Dave Gardner

Sep 9, 2019
New England
✟19,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People can be /get/ overwhelmed with intense sorrow, grief, despair, at the enormity of the abominations all around , everywhere.

Like a soldier , perhaps, in a foxhole before or after D-Day..... surrounded by billions of dollars of weapons of war, no peace within reachable distance, bombs going off steadily from both sides, dead bodies littering the ground as far as can be seen , or even more than could be imagined..... many thousands dying all around for hundreds of miles throughout europe, etc....

..... just break down and cry, or laugh, a human reaction under great pressure/stress of such circumstances ....

Happening daily in the USA..... (break-downs).... stress, lack of relief, lack of truth...
We're on an Internet forum here, Jeff, not a blazing battlefield. I don't think the OP is having an existential crisis just now.

(Excuse me for being so familiar, but we actually have met before on this site. I have a new account.)

Upvote 0

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ultimately, it's because sin entered the world. All of humanities disgusting behaviors are due to the fall.

all of creation has been adversely affected by sin, and it will continue to get worse until the end when Christ returns.

All the other excuses such as "I believe in reproductive choice", or, "life does not start until birth", or, "it's economically necessary" are all lies.

true, but in the meantime, I'm going to fight against such sick things immorality wise, till my dying breath!
It's just in me, and I can't change it. I wouldn't want to anyways.

• Agree
Reactions: Silverback
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We're on an Internet forum here, Jeff, not a blazing battlefield. I don't think the OP is having an existential crisis just now.

(Excuse me for being so familiar, but we actually have met before on this site. I have a new account.)
.... today, "we all as sheep" are being led to slaughter......

perhaps "picked off" one by one, here and there,

Perhaps by the system: huge numbers deceived daily ....

We are in constant battle, for our lives ..... and the enemy does not rest , no, not even on the internet ....

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unless I'm not grasping the situation correctly, we appear to be murdering nearly 1/5 of human beings conceived in America, not counting miscarriages.

Why wouldn't you include Miscarriages, which are far and away the #1 killer of unborn babies... fully 1/2 - 2/3 of all fertilized human embryos never result in a live birth... so for every 1000 live births, that 500-665 embryonic deaths!

How many of those are caused by the behavior of the mother? poor diet, smoking, drug use, dangerous activities like walking on ice and falling, strenuous exercise, lack of proper rest...etc?

I firmly believe we should institute a national pregnancy registry where every woman of child bearing age must submit their monthly menstrual tissue for examination to detect possible miscarriage and then investigate the behavior and lifestyle of the mother if fetal tissue is found, so we may prosecute the mother for manslaughter and or criminal negligence if warranted.

Also we must institute mandatory behavior schedule that all pregnant women MUST abide by during the gestation period... perhaps an ankle bracelet of some kind that all pregnant women must wear for the duration of the pregnancy so we can monitor their sleep patterns, food intake, exercise, drug use (even over the counter medicines)...The astronomical miscarriage rates are proof positive that pregnant women can not be trusted to self monitor.

This is the only consistent pro life position... if you a re against such a mandatory registry, behavioral monitoring and examination process than you too have blood on your hands and should expect the full weight of the Judgement of God to come upon you as well for the willful ignoring of, allowing and looking the other way from the greatest, most prolific killer of the unborn that ever was.

Reactions: ranunculus
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Abortion is legal because the Party that allows it to be legal is immoral, and simply
slapping God in the face. They're playing God(by determining who lives and who dies, and nobody should have that power but God!!!), and if you vote for that party, you're slapping God in the face also.

The only card that this party uses to "justify" Abortion, is that a woman's body is her own, and she may do with it what she wants. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell. Is it really? Here is a Bible verse that disproves that. 1 Corinthians 6:19 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Both parties are corrupt(don't get me wrong), but I could never vote for a Party that allows the slaughter of millions of innocent babies. Owe, and also sells their body parts off for "scientific research".
This is a secular law. I would hope no Christians would perform, endorse,participate or agree that abortion is the right choice. Regardless of whether it is legal or not, if a man or woman or both want an abortion, there is no limit on how they will achieve it, even if it is illegal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In the 4th chapter of Jeremiah our Father explains how He was so angry with us He ended the age before this flesh age, and then goes on to explain to our generation He is thinking about doing it again. One reason is our acceptance of abortion. Is the last verse of the chapter talking about murdering our children?
For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anquish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion,that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers. Jeremiah 4:31

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I firmly believe we should institute a national pregnancy registry where every woman of child bearing age must submit their monthly menstrual tissue for examination to detect possible miscarriage and then investigate the behavior and lifestyle of the mother if fetal tissue is found, so we may prosecute the mother for manslaughter and or criminal negligence if warranted.

Also we must institute mandatory behavior schedule that all pregnant women MUST abide by during the gestation period... perhaps an ankle bracelet of some kind that all pregnant women must wear for the duration of the pregnancy so we can monitor their sleep patterns, food intake, exercise, drug use (even over the counter medicines)...The astronomical miscarriage rates are proof positive that pregnant women can not be trusted to self monitor.
You're not being very consistent about this. Why do you only require this for the unborn? What about children who's parents don't make them regularly eat fruits and vegetables? Shouldn't we monitor and enforce that as well? What about parents that miss regular pediatrician visits? Should they be jailed?

I don't think you're ready to insist upon the same level of supervision and regulation for dependent children as you are requiring for pregnant mothers. Thus, you're a bit inconsistent in your view.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Abortion is legal because the Party that allows it to be legal is immoral, and simply slapping God in the face. They're playing God (by determining who lives and who dies, and nobody should have that power but God!), and if you vote for that party, you're slapping God in the face also.

This is the opposite of the truth. The Democratic Party is the one that helps citizens who are in need of all kinds of problems: the poor, the sick, the disabled, people of all races and both genders. People of all age brackets. The Reputblican Party is all for businesses and rich people with clear preferences for white men. If you believe in what Jesus teaches about loving your neighbor and donating your money to those whose reseurces are lacking, you are like a Democrat, because Republicans do not care about them at all. There is no morality in denying health care to anyone, for any reason, and women are being turned away every day. It is never moral to treat female, poor, sick, disabled, and very old people like they are second-class citizens. WOMEN ARE NOT SLAVES!

Upvote 0

Bro. Dave Gardner

Sep 9, 2019
New England
✟19,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the only consistent pro life position

My mistake. 1000 live births vs. 188 conscious, determinate decisions to abort. Inconclusive, unconsequential data. What was I thinking?

try and use some common sense please?
I am now having an existential crisis, coupled with an attack of common sense. My sincerest apologies to you, KnowThyself. lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Reputblican Party is all for businesses and rich people with clear preferences for white men.
Can you provide some evidence to support this claim? What have Republicans done that demonstrate a clear preference for white men? Be specific please.

If you believe in what Jesus teaches about loving your neighbor and donating your money to those whose reseurces are lacking, you are like a Democrat, because Republicans do not care about them at all.
This is pretty insulting. I'm not a Democrat, and I am a foster parent and give away over 50% of my income. Would you like to compare how much of both my time and money I give away compared to the amount of time and money you give away? You need to stop with your universal stereo-types and insults. It only makes you look bad.

There is no morality in denying health care to anyone
And anyone in America can walk into a hospital at any time and receive care. I am also good friends with a doctor (who is a Republican), who opens his clinic on Saturdays for free to all people who are poor. Do you know any Democrat doctors who do that? I don't.

But of course all that is actually off topic. Abortion is immoral and Christians ought to be more united against it.

• Agree
Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

Bro. Dave Gardner

Sep 9, 2019
New England
✟19,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When did sophisticated healthcare become a civil right? It is certainly not always a blessing. Christ said that we would always have the poor with us. It is becoming illegal to be poor. I have been poor and it has been during the time of my poverty that I look to recall many of my fondest memories of God's blessing. And some of my worst times have come from the botching of some expensive "healthcare procedure."

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The latest (2015) ratio figures from the CDC report 188 abortions for every 1000 live births. That seems quite monstrously abysmal to me. Downright staggering, actually. And that figure is said to be the lowest among the periods reported from 2009 to 2015. Unless I'm not grasping the situation correctly, we appear to be murdering nearly 1/5 of human beings conceived in America, not counting miscarriages. I believe we should expect the judgments of God to fall at any time now.
Everyone one of those abortions involved a pregnant willing women to agree. (minus a very few who were forced or incompetent)

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about children who's parents don't make them regularly eat fruits and vegetables? Shouldn't we monitor and enforce that as well? What about parents that miss regular pediatrician visits? Should they be jailed?

YES! ABSOLUTELY!
Good Idea! I'm all for it.
Government should indeed be monitoring and policing ALL aspects of our lives to insure Moral Turpitude is kept in check across the board, especially when the lives of the innocent are held in the balance.

I even extend that to include Mandatory Organ Donation. If someone needs a Kidney to live, and you are found to be a match, you should be forced by law to give one of your kidneys to that person.

The Right to life clearly, without question, supersedes all other rights.
Including Bodily Autonomy, which is the exact opposite of the pro choice position.

Once you deviate even one iota from that position, and make the claim you know just how far away from the "zero tolerance point" to draw the line of acceptability vs. unacceptability, you open it up to anyone and everyone else to make their own determination on where that line should be drawn, and you have total moral chaos.

Zero Tolerance = The Only correct, moral, defendable position to hold, which is why I hold it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ranunculus
Upvote 0