Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No worries (or a lot of worries). That is what the world controllers want people to think too, so you have a lot of company.

IF you get a chance to actually do some things to test them out, and find out the truth, your whole perspective will change. This is very unlikely you will do, but it is possible and we will all pray God can accomplish His Purpose .... (willingness is required though, even to be 'saved'/'healed' as Jesus said over Jerusalem) .....

Dude, the poster is sick. Maybe let the doctors handle this one and relinquish your need to be an authority to more informed powers...

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think the things that constitute the image of God aren't present until there's a working cerebral cortex. That's why we have concepts like brain death. I think current anti-abortion arguments (as contrasted with traditional Catholic ones) are inconsistent with Christian theology.
So you think when a living, growing, developing human being comes into existence that it does not possess inherent moral worth and value and that it is not made in God's image. That's the default starting point for human beings?

Then, as they naturally grow, develop, and age, they eventually reach a point in their development where they become morally valuable and become made in the Image of God?

You think that's more consistent than the idea that from our very beginning, for our entire lives that we are inherently morally valuable and created in God's image?

Have you considered the implications of this? It would necessarily mean that the severely mentally handicapped are not made in God's Image and are not morally valuable - you're OK with that position?

Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Good night, I hope you are ok and I will be thinking of you. Both in your healing and having a productive video game session, lol!

Thank you! I did have a productive game session. Killed some dinos, tamed some dinos, built up my base some in case someone wants to attack it. It was fun. Sleep on the other hand was a bit rough. They have me taking three prednisone to help calm my respiratory system down, but it kept me awake most of the night.

I am used to being awake for long periods of time unfortunately as I work a 24 hour shift as an EMT. So, staying awake last night was just another day at the office so to speak. I did rest though in that I got to relax, so that was helpful!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I didn’t say it was secret, I said his salvation was between him and Jesus. As in, it was a matter for the thief and for Jesus, not a matter between the thief, Jesus, and the opinion of others on the Internet.
No one's opinion matters except Yahuweh's. Yahuweh STATES CLEARLY concerning "his salvation and Jesus" IN SCRIPTURE .... for US to learn from (for Ekklesia to learn that is).

The world cannot learn. The natural man is opposed to the spiritual>

The opposite of "natural man" is "spiritual man"—a person whose mind and heart are renewed by the Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:12 confirms this. "Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we might understand the gifts bestowed on us by God."

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Dude, the poster is sick. Maybe let the doctors handle this one and relinquish your need to be an authority to more informed powers...
A lot of people are sick. Jesus came to seek out and heal the sick, as The Heavenly Father Directed Him. (or is that different in the book you read than what the Bible Clearly Says ? )

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you! I did have a productive game session. Killed some dinos, tamed some dinos, built up my base some in case someone wants to attack it. It was fun. Sleep on the other hand was a bit rough. They have me taking three prednisone to help calm my respiratory system down, but it kept me awake most of the night.

I am used to being awake for long periods of time unfortunately as I work a 24 hour shift as an EMT. So, staying awake last night was just another day at the office so to speak. I did rest though in that I got to relax, so that was helpful!

Aw man, prednisone is rough stuff. I have Crohn’s Disease and I got put on it to treat a flare. It made me crazy and the only thing that made me feel better was all. The. Food. I had to go off of it without a taper because it turned out I was really, really allergic to it. I was exactly no fun to be around.

What game are you playing? Sounds like a Sim game and I’m all about those Sim games.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one's opinion matters except Yahuweh's. Yahuweh STATES CLEARLY concerning "his salvation and Jesus" IN SCRIPTURE .... for US to learn from (for Ekklesia to learn that is).

The world cannot learn. The natural man is opposed to the spiritual>

The opposite of "natural man" is "spiritual man"—a person whose mind and heart are renewed by the Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:12 confirms this. "Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we might understand the gifts bestowed on us by God."

That literally has zero to do with anything related to what I said.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet, you posted it again. Just as I said correctly in the first time.

So you are correcting me on something I said because you have a better understanding of what I meant than I do...? That’s... Different.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lot of people are sick. Jesus came to seek out and heal the sick, as The Heavenly Father Directed Him. (or is that different in the book you read than what the Bible Clearly Says ? )

I was talking about how you need to lay off of him about his treatment plan with his doctor because he and his doctor are in a position to know what he needs, you are not.

Or at least, that’s what I mean until I’m told I actually mean something else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Have you considered the implications of this? It would necessarily mean that the severely mentally handicapped are not made in God's Image and are not morally valuable - you're OK with that position?
Mentally handicapped people still have working cortexes. If someone doesn't, they're not handicapped; they're brain-dead.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Hadrick.

SPF, would you mind telling me what the "mentally handicapped" part was about? The term is defined as having any kind of psychological disability, which is not always genetic.

Being made in God's image can only be about our DNA. God did not create defects that have nothing to do with our parents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I would remind people that traditionally, Catholics connected humanity with a soul. There was disagreement about when this happened. Abortion was always prohibited, but for different reasons having to do with sexual ethics. Authorities varied over whether it was murder, but it was common to say that this wasn't until ensoulment, and that probably happened after conception.

While I don't agree with all of those ideas, they at least have some basis in Christian ethics and theology. The new idea that the image of God is defined biologically by human DNA strikes me as an abandonment of Christian theology. I can't help wondering if it isn't political: you can't talk to courts about the soul, but you can give them misrepresented data from embryology.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I cannot understand why anybody would think all people are created in God's image. None of us are what Adam and Eve were. None of us are like Jesus. If God does not want people to suffer, why would anybody who has a genetic disorder be considered made in His image? Only one person in human history was truly made in the image of God, and he is God Himself.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I would remind people that traditionally, Catholics connected humanity with a soul. There was disagreement about when this happened. Abortion was always prohibited, but for different reasons having to do with sexual ethics. Authorities varied over whether it was murder, but it was common to say that this wasn't until ensoulment, and that probably happened after conception.

While I don't agree with all of those ideas, they at least have some basis in Christian ethics and theology. The new idea that the image of God is defined biologically by human DNA strikes me as an abandonment of Christian theology. I can't help wondering if it isn't political: you can't talk to courts about the soul, but you can give them misrepresented data from embryology.
I believe the Biblical picture is that so long as you have a living human being, that that human being has inherent moral worth and value and is made in the image of God.

Science has progressed enough that we now know that a new human being comes into existence at fertilization.

A brain-dead person is a dead person. A newly created human being is a growing and developing human. It’s a categorical mistake to compare a growing and developing human to a dead one.

I think the correct Biblical picture is that all living humans are created in the Image of God and possess inherent moral worth and value.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Abortion is legal because the Party that allows it to be legal is immoral, and simply
slapping God in the face. .... You can thank the Democrat Politicians, and Democrat Judges for that.

I think it's confirmed that your problem is politics, not abortion.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I cannot understand why anybody would think all people are created in God's image
Probably because the Bible says we are. You're the first person I've ever heard dispute this basic, fundamental Christian belief. Go ask your Pastor or anyone at your church if we are made in the Image of God.

In the meantime, since I know you don't like looking up Scripture on your own, I'll help:

Genesis 1:26,27 - Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Genesis 9:6 - "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man.

James 3:9 - With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God;

What Is the Image of God?

What is meant when it says man is made in the image of God? | CARM.org

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That literally has zero to do with anything related to what I said.
I don't know if it does for sure or not. It appears you consider some men's opinion as trustworthy, while I do not, unless it is in harmony with all the Bible. Every word and message must be proven, tested true, before accepting it as truth.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Probably because the Bible says we are. You're the first person I've ever heard dispute this basic, fundamental Christian belief. Go ask your Pastor or anyone at your church if we are made in the Image of God.
They are not the first by far, and won't be the last.
Jesus told some that they are the sons of the devil. He told people this. He said they are like their father hasatan, not like our heavenly Father Yahuweh Sovereign Creator.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They are not the first by far, and won't be the last.
Jesus told some that they are the sons of the devil. He told people this. He said they are like their father hasatan, not like our heavenly Father Yahuweh Sovereign Creator.
And what was the context of Him telling people that? Does this mean that some people are created in the Image of God and others are not? That would contradict the Bible. All human beings are created in the Image of God and possess inherent moral worth and value.

Upvote 0