Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If I had that grace and I KNEW Christ died for me KNEW he offered a way out of Hell I could still choose it since I believed at one time and KNOW the offer.

Upvote 0

Foghorn

Saved by grace
Mar 8, 2010
New England
Visit site
✟36,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you have an example of why someone would want to leave Christ? Curious.
Like someone like me who is bound and determined they want what they deserve they will not take anything they did not earn down to wanting Hell since Heaven can not be earned.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is spitting on the work and purpose of Christ.
yeah so how can He elect me if I clearly have seen and between offered His grace, and yet keep wanting Hell? I keep going back and forth some days I am thankful and want to follow Him and others it is just like I do not deserve it therefore do not want it.

Upvote 0
E

Eddie L

yeah so how can He elect me if I clearly have seen and between offered His grace, and yet keep wanting Hell? I keep going back and forth some days I am thankful and want to follow Him and others it is just like I do not deserve it therefore do not want it.

He doesn't elect people because they want grace. He elects them so that they eventually will.

So, Jesus is to be our Pearl of Great Price. He is to be the Center of our Universe. He is our Redeemer and our Salvation. In order to live in His redemption, we have to get over this natural inclination to measure ourselves by our performance. Adam and Eve got us kicked out of the Garden and mankind has been trying to prove that he deserves to be let back in ever since. NO, HE DOESN'T. Only Jesus does, and our Savior has chosen to take some of us with Him.

Don't you see that if you say "I don't deserve it so send me to Hell" that you are dragging the work of Christ through the mud? It's like you're saying that His righteousness is not enough, and that His painful death on the cross was not powerful enough to earn forgiveness for you.

It isn't about us. It never has been. It is about Jesus. He's the reason for everything, and it is the wonder of wonders that He is overjoyed to share an inheritance with us.

It sounds to me like you just need to get over yourself. There is no sin you could commit that can overcome the work of Jesus. No darkness can stand up against His light. What could any mortal do to overcome the work of Christ?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
He doesn't elect people because they want grace. He elects them so that they eventually will.

So, Jesus is to be our Pearl of Great Price. He is to be the Center of our Universe. He is our Redeemer and our Salvation. In order to live in His redemption, we have to get over this natural inclination to measure ourselves by our performance. Adam and Eve got us kicked out of the Garden and mankind has been trying to prove that he deserves to be let back in ever since. NO, HE DOESN'T. Only Jesus does, and our Savior has chosen to take some of us with Him.

Don't you see that if you say "I don't deserve it so send me to Hell" that you are dragging the work of Christ through the mud? It's like you're saying that His righteousness is not enough, and that His painful death on the cross was not powerful enough to earn forgiveness for you.

It isn't about us. It never has been. It is about Jesus. He's the reason for everything, and it is the wonder of wonders that He is overjoyed to share an inheritance with us.

It sounds to me like you just need to get over yourself. There is no sin you could commit that can overcome the work of Jesus. No darkness can stand up against His light. What could any mortal do to overcome the work of Christ?
so I need to get over myself. There are certain things about Christians that keep drawing me to Christ that I wish I could stay and keep, but even if I am dragging His work through the mud There are MANY people who are not. What is odd is I DO accept human grace easier.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums