• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Why I'm not a young earth creationist...

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Humble_Disciple, Jun 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Righterzpen

The Righterzpen Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm

+1,080
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    They think it's consistent based on assumptions they make about both their measuring tools and whether or not photons really have no mass.

That's what the article says.

So now you're back tracking saying; well in the distance of space we know it goes "X" fast but we can't say that the closer it gets to us....

Well how do you know it really goes "x fast" in "that part of space"? Seeing how you don't really know if the properties of that part of space are what you assume they are. Which of course they have no way of measuring.

Boy sure rots to be tethered to this planet - don't it?

2. VirOptimus

VirOptimus A nihilist who cares.

+4,262
    Atheist
    Married
    So, when reality and the bible clash, you will choose the bible.

Thats a very irrational stance.

3. VirOptimus

+4,262
    Atheist
    Married
    Does light have mass?

4. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+10,712
    Atheist
    Single
    By the way, expansion of the universe is not significant for close by objects. It is not a factor until an object is over a billion light years away.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Subduction Zone

+10,712
    Atheist
    Single
    The Bible does say that. You are merely reinterpreting it to say that it doesn't. The Bible claims that in word and deed if you are at all literal in you interpretation.

6. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster On campaign in Georgia

+4,500
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    The upper limits on the mass of the photon have been measured. They are very, very tiny. No more than a trillionth of a billionth of the mass of an electron (other than the unknown, but small mass of the neutrino, the lightest particle known to have mass).

7. The Righterzpen

+1,080
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    The article I posted doesn't even talk about the hypothesis of how fast the universe is expanding. I believe that it is because that makes sense with the 2nd law of thermodynamics. How fast it's expanding; they have no way of measuring!

The article I posted though talks about how the speed of light is not consistent based on the medium it's traveling through.

They also brought up how they can't be sure how fast light actually travels because they are not sure about the accuracy of the measurement of their instruments; nor are they absolutely positive of the assumption that photons have no mass.

Which if photons do actually have mass; that blows Einstein's E=MC squared right out of the water.

8. Subduction Zone

+10,712
    Atheist
    Single
    LOL! Don't even try to use the second law of thermodynamics. That is an outright admission of error by the uneducated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. The Righterzpen

+1,080
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Interesting - well if you are now saying that photons do actually have mass; you just shot yourself in the foot. Because the speed of light would not be consistent.

10. Hans Blaster

+4,500
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Didn't I clearly state that astronomers observe the past every night (and it's always night somewhere)? They can measure the physical constants in distant galaxies and show that they have not changed.

11. The Righterzpen

+1,080
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    So you're saying things don't go from a state of oder to a state of chaos? If that's the case; why do we die? Isn't the break down of the body by age consistent with things decaying?

12. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+2,139
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Not your reality but it is mine.
    You think God doesn't exists. I believe he not only exists but created the world just as outlined in scripture.
    I don't need poof I have faith. I am not here to try and prove anything to you but to answer the OP.

13. Subduction Zone

+10,712
    Atheist
    Single
    No, you should read his link. They do not have rest mass.

14. Hans Blaster

+4,500
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    No, what I'm saying is that in science we check *everything*. Nothing is left to assumption. That's why we measure things that we suspect are zero. So far the upper limits for the photon mass are incredibly small and seem likely to get smaller.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. VirOptimus

+4,262
    Atheist
    Married
    Talk about a non-sequitur.

16. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+2,139
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    I think being an atheist is an irrational stance but there you are.

17. Subduction Zone

+10,712
    Atheist
    Single
    The singularity was extremely ordered. But again, you do not understand order.

18. VirOptimus

+4,262
    Atheist
    Married
    Dont care what you think.

But my points stand.

19. Hans Blaster

+4,500
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    This would come as a great surprise to the observational cosmologists. Pretty much all they do is measure the rate of expansion of the Universe.

20. Subduction Zone

+10,712
    Atheist
    Single
    There is only one reality. It is yours too.

If God does not lie the universe is old. Billions of years old. If you want to claim that God lies that is your choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.