Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does being fired from your job, harassed and threatened by Antifa types, expelled from school, and even charged with a crime for so much as speaking an unapproved word or pointing a finger or making someone else "feel uncomfortable" because they don't care for your conservative beliefs COUNT????
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In fact, there were democrats and republicans on both sides of the civil rights movement. On one side, opposing protection for minority voters, were conservatives. On the other side, advocating civil rights laws, were liberals.

It's still that way.

Racists fled the democrat party, and liberals and minorities fled the republican party. Just that simple.
Not true at all

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do you know with absolute certainty only Republicans want voter suppression, chronic suffering by failure to give all Americans health care, insufficient education after high school, criminals owning automatic and assault weapons, women being locked up for aborting pregnancies instead of preventing unwanted babies from conceiving, making rich people richer, and doing nothing to help poor people get what they need?

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you know with absolute certainty only Republicans want voter suppression, chronic suffering by failure to give all Americans health care, insufficient education after high school, criminals owning automatic and assault weapons, women being locked up for aborting pregnancies instead of preventing unwanted babies from conceiving, making rich people richer, and doing nothing to help poor people get what they need?
Criminals cant legally own guns.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They do? Which ones?

Even if they don't explicitly say it, that is how it sounds to me. Democrats say we need background check improvements and Republicans retort restricting gun purchases violates the Second Amendment.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you disagreeing with me? Your link actually supports what i have said.
Did you say that more Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than Democrats did? If so, yes I am disagreeing with you.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Did you say that more Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than Democrats did? If so, yes I am disagreeing with you.

Is that wishful thinking on your part?

The vote was as follows:

House of Representatives--153 Democrats for the Act and 91 against;and 136 Republicans for the Act and 35 against.

Senate--46 Democrats for the Act and 21 against: and
27 Republicans voting yes with 6 voting against.

A greater percentage of Republicans voted for the Act than Democrats.

Reactions: Need answers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
@A_Thinker

If i want free speech i should buy it? Is that the liberal answer to freedom? That's not free though, is it?
Actually that was a conservative argument. The supreme Court ruling that made money free speech is called Citizens United.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, the reason black voters switched sides is that the liberal news media hasnt represented the Republican party correctly.

Yes, I've heard that a lot... "Dumb black people need us to appoint leaders for them, because they don't know who their friends are." Guess how that plays with black people.

BTW, there are many democratic racists. Ive met them.

Just a lot fewer after the democrats passed the civil rights act. And a lot more racist conservatives. That was Kevin Phillips' point. He had it right. You got it wrong.

Also have you ever heard of the #walkaway movement?

Here's the "black guy", who invented it:
wT9_5MUw_400x400.jpg

However, #WalkAway has also now been connected to Kremlin-linked Russian bots, and it is now the seventh most popular Russia-influenced hashtag as of this writing, according to the website Hamilton 68, which tracks Russian influence on Twitter as part of the Alliance for Securing Democracy, an initiative of the nonpartisan German Marshall Fund. The purpose of this now-astroturf campaign is to manipulate public opinion by creating the illusion that this is a popular movement. In reality, #WalkAway has become pure propaganda, a psychological operation.
Russian bots are using #WalkAway to try to wound Democrats in the midterms (Opinion) - CNN

The march, scheduled for October 27, is being organized by Brandon Straka, the man who popularized the #WalkAway hashtag earlier this year. Straka, who describes himself as a former liberal, launched the hashtag in May, and has since become a favorite in right-wing circles.

It’s unclear exactly how much of that popularity was organic, however, given that Straka used stock photos for his #WalkAway campaign and Russian Twitter bots boosted the hashtag’s reach. (There’s also the matter of Donald Trump being an historically unpopular president, and little indication the Democratic Party is actually losing members.)
Pro-Trump #WalkAway March has all the signs of a grifting operation

Black voters are leaving the democratic party.

He doesn't look very Russian, er, black to me, comrade.

Joe Biden is overwhelming favorite among black voters, poll finds
Joe Biden is overwhelming favourite among black voters, poll finds

Maybe they think Joe is a republican, um?

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Even if they don't explicitly say it, that is how it sounds to me. Democrats say we need background check improvements and Republicans retort restricting gun purchases violates the Second Amendment.
Name one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
In fact, there were democrats and republicans on both sides of the civil rights movement. On one side, opposing protection for minority voters, were conservatives. On the other side, advocating civil rights laws, were liberals.

It's still that way.

Racists fled the democrat party, and liberals and minorities fled the republican party. Just that simple.

Not true at all

See above. Kevin Phillips,one of the architects of Nixon's "Southern Strategy" clearly explained how it worked.

If you doubt this, list the liberals in Congress who voted against the Civil Rights Act,and the conservatives who voted for it. You won't like the results.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I've heard that a lot... "Dumb black people need us to appoint leaders for them, because they don't know who their friends are." Guess how that plays with black people.

wT9_5MUw_400x400.jpg

However, #WalkAway has also now been connected to Kremlin-linked Russian bots, and it is now the seventh most popular Russia-influenced hashtag as of this writing, according to the website Hamilton 68, which tracks Russian influence on Twitter as part of the Alliance for Securing Democracy, an initiative of the nonpartisan German Marshall Fund. The purpose of this now-astroturf campaign is to manipulate public opinion by creating the illusion that this is a popular movement. In reality, #WalkAway has become pure propaganda, a psychological operation.
Russian bots are using #WalkAway to try to wound Democrats in the midterms (Opinion) - CNN

The march, scheduled for October 27, is being organized by Brandon Straka, the man who popularized the #WalkAway hashtag earlier this year. Straka, who describes himself as a former liberal, launched the hashtag in May, and has since become a favorite in right-wing circles.

It’s unclear exactly how much of that popularity was organic, however, given that Straka used stock photos for his #WalkAway campaign and Russian Twitter bots boosted the hashtag’s reach. (There’s also the matter of Donald Trump being an historically unpopular president, and little indication the Democratic Party is actually losing members.)
Pro-Trump #WalkAway March has all the signs of a grifting operation

He doesn't look very Russian, er, black to me, comrade.

Joe Biden is overwhelming favorite among black voters, poll finds
Joe Biden is overwhelming favourite among black voters, poll finds

Maybe they think Joe is a republican, um?
I never said blacks were dumb. You are putting ugly words in my mouth.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Barbarian observes:

It's still that way.

See above. Kevin Phillips,one of the architects of Nixon's "Southern Strategy" clearly explained how it worked.

If you doubt this, list the liberals in Congress who voted against the Civil Rights Act,and the conservatives who voted for it. You won't like the results.
A larger percentage of republicans voted for civil rights. No sure why you ignore that and accuse republicans of being racist without any proof.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Actually that was a conservative argument. The supreme Court ruling that made money free speech is called Citizens United.

The decision did not free corporations and labor unions to contribute directly to candidates for public office.

What Citizens United did was allow corporations and labor unions the right to spend-- by themselves--on publications, commercials, and etc. in support of candidates.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just because a person is conservative doesnt mean they dont believe in changing things that are wrong. Republicans wanted to save the Union but outlaw slavery.

Actually Lincoln said that if he could save the Union and leave slavery intact, he would do that.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.
Abraham Lincoln, letter to Horace Greeley August 1862

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.