Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump's "take the guns first, and worry about due process later" policy would be feasible with these laws. Any gun-hating person should reflect on the fact that Trump could use these laws to grab control of the country illegally.
Are you saying that if a man threatens to kill people that he should keep his guns?

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know well as I that Trump was speaking of the unstable and those with a history of violence, not the general public.
If, and i say if, red flag laws are needed, then we need to enact laws to protect the american peoples gun rights. They should be allowed to sue the law enforcement agencies if they take a persons guns who hasn't proven to be a threat. After they pay millions of dollars to victims of such law abuses they might be more careful who they discriminate against. Gun owners have civil rights too.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Almost all liberals, regardless of party, voted for the civil rights act. Almost all conservatives, regardless of the party, voted against it.
No, thats not true. More conservative republicans voted for civil rights that democrats did.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The media doesn't belong to you. Those who own the media have a right to use it as they see fit.

Only YOUR VOICE belongs to you ...
Some media does belong to me. Such as the Liberal PBS and NPR. They are funded by my tax dollars and have no right to discriminate against me. As far as the rest of the media goes, i have the right to be heard. If they deny me such right they are bigots and i have a right to demand fair treatment.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But your assertion was wrong. Thats the point.
My assertion isn't wrong.

Just because a Republican put one black on the Supreme Court (in the 150 years since slavery ended) does not make them pro Civil Rights ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some media does belong to me. Such as the Liberal PBS and NPR. They are funded by my tax dollars and have no right to discriminate against me.
You don't own these outlets. The government grants some level of funding to them, ... but they are privately owned.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My assertion isn't wrong.

Just because a Republican put one black on the Supreme Court (in the 150 years since slavery ended) does not make them pro Civil Rights ...
Actually most republicans voted for the first black supreme court judge too. And your assertion is flat wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just because a person is conservative doesnt mean they dont believe in changing things that are wrong. Republicans wanted to save the Union but outlaw slavery.
Except the Republicans of the 19th century were liberals

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, thats not true. More conservative republicans voted for civil rights that democrats did.
The senate ratified the civil rights act by a vote of 71 to 29. of the 71 voting for passage 27 were Republicans and 44 Democrats.
in the house the Civil Rights Act passed 289 to 186. Those voting for passage: Democrats 153, Republicans 136

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except the Republicans of the 19th century were liberals
No they were not. You seem to think that being a conservative means that you dont believe in changing anything, and because the Republicans wanted to change slavery and discrimination that they are liberal. But that's wrong, we believe in changing injustice, just as the original conservative Union loving Republicans did also.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The senate ratified the civil rights act by a vote of 71 to 29. of the 71 voting for passage 27 were Republicans and 44 Democrats.
in the house the Civil Rights Act passed 289 to 186. Those voting for passage: Democrats 153, Republicans 136
Republicans had a minority in congress at that time. Percentage wise republicans voted more for civil rights that democrats did. Meaning more of a percentage of republicans voted for civil rights than Dems.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Actually most republicans voted for the first black supreme court judge too. And your assertion is flat wrong.
Justice Thurgood Marshal appointment to the Supreme Court was approved by the Senate on August 30, 1967. 37 Democratic and 32 Republican Senators voted for him.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Justice Thurgood Marshal appointment to the Supreme Court was approved by the Senate on August 30, 1967. 37 Democratic and 32 Republican Senators voted for him.
And how many of democrats voted for Clarence Thomas? the only black supreme court judge? Only 11.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Republicans had a minority in congress at that time. Percentage wise republicans voted more for civil rights that democrats did. Meaning more of a percentage of republicans voted for civil rights than Dems.
careful you don't make yourself dizzy from spinning that so hard

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.