✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
God? Yes. Humans? No.
God is incapable of creating a whole mature human? We've established that it isn't impossible to simply be both of those things without undergoing a process of maturing, so you're saying that God doesn't have the ability to create such a thing.

Upvote 0

The happy Objectivist

Jul 3, 2020
Center
✟65,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think we need evil so we can experience the greater good. Without evil what need is there in going out of your way to do more than good? But with evil you become awoken and do the good necessary to stop the evil and that goes on forever. So if there was no evil there would still be good but that is quite limited compared to good and evil.
Actually, I do good for its own sake, not to stop evil. I do good because being good is the way to a happy and fulfilling life.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I think we need evil so we can experience the greater good. Without evil what need is there in going out of your way to do more than good? But with evil you become awoken and do the good necessary to stop the evil and that goes on forever. So if there was no evil there would still be good but that is quite limited compared to good and evil.

I think the concept that good and evil are diametrical of each other is wrong to begin with. Why I believe so? Because the absence of either doesn't promote its opposite. And the existence of either doesn't cancel out the other.

To delve into this issue first we must have a baseline understanding of what good and evil are. Good is a positive gain or experience a party get by the act of an enabling factor. Evil is a negative gain or experience a party get by the act of an enabling factor. Those are my baselines.

The opposite of good and evil is actually the manifestation of nothing. When you get or experience nothing from any enabling factor (like man/natural forces/act of God) there is an absence of both good and evil. So for good to exist there is no dependency on evil and vise verse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0