Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now remembering my pain I wrote here did God put those bad thoughts in my head saying that this is why you left me? Because of your unique problem you should come back?

As for emailing the churches I will try but calling then will be more terrifying it is finding one not Lutern or Catholic with a actual Pastor like my old church "New Hope" which changed its name that was far out in Bay Ridge.

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now remembering my pain I wrote here did God put those bad thoughts in my head saying that this is why you left me? Because of your unique problem you should come back?

As for emailing the churches I will try but calling then will be more terrifying it is finding one not Lutern or Catholic with a actual Pastor like my old church "New Hope" which changed its name that was far out in Bay Ridge.
God does not put bad thoughts and anyone’s mind. It is the enemy. You have to fight him off with prayer and the Word.

You might not end up in a church that you think is the best, you might end up in one that God knows you need to be in.

• Agree
Reactions: Romans 8
Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. Thought so. I will pray for a church that is right and pray to deal with these fearful issues with what I hear and being around non believers.
That’s what you will find will help you more than anything. And reading God’s Word. I can’t emphasize that enough.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Found one church walking distance that seems to be like my old one. It may seem like a long walk but I walk further than my therapist and I walked in the past to Park slope from Hoyt Street. Also I walk futher from my daily walks and I won't have to take the subway or bus.

Trinity Grace Church Park Slope

I am petrified just thinking about it or even contacting them. Even more petrified imagine going on Easter Sunday would take courage I don't think I have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay Prozac helps a lot however is God against taking prescription drugs? I do feel ashamed as many other Christians don't need prescription drugs. Of course as you can see my cry for help story when I had those bad instances I was not on Prozac I was on bad medicine that the doctors though skito meds.

So with Prozac I seen swearing yes I bothers me but I had only one meltdown at home.

He is not against anyone taking medication for any health issue, mental or otherwise. That’s like telling a diabetic that God is angry because they take insulin. Get away from anyone or anything that is causing you to think that nonsense.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony Ramirez
Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I took a look at the Trinity Grace Church web site. I see they have orientation/introduction sessions for newcomers, and membership classes. I'm thinking these might be beneficial for you.

I will pray for you, that you will find the right church and develop the self-confidence to attend services. I suspect it will be easier to do things with a small group, and I hope you can do that. I would also encourage you to pray for the ability to deal with the large worship gatherings, at least on occasion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now I am starting to listen to Christian worship music again and it is making me cry. Really and I try not to cry and before when I use to listen to it I did not lose it like now.

I can listen to regular music fine.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay I registered for the Friday night service and the Sunday Easter service after actually crying to God. I really cried the last time I cried that hard was when my cat Socks died.

I stared to cry when I told him how Christmas eve dinner when my cousin said the f-word after my Grandmother passed out and my unsaved mother said pray and I said I don't pray or believe in God. I really cried after that asking for his forgiveness.

Then I cried about my hearing swearing problem I begged him saying okay God you can't cure my Aspergers but since I can now tolerate where it just irritating other swears to at least make hearing the f-word irritating or tolerable so I can actually socialize. My tears were poring. I then asked if Jesus will forgive me and be my lord and savior again.

After this I decided to go for it and register for the Prayer group this week's Friday service and the Sunday Easter service I need to attend Church on the day Christ.

Now I am so nervous I can't sleep even prayed for God to make me sleep of course to wake up the next morning.

So please pray for me, for my fears, anxiety and pain stress for strength and hope again for people even myself so I am not harden with hatred anymore.

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay I registered for the Friday night service and the Sunday Easter service after actually crying to God. I really cried the last time I cried that hard was when my cat Socks died.

I stared to cry when I told him how Christmas eve dinner when my cousin said the f-word after my Grandmother passed out and my unsaved mother said pray and I said I don't pray or believe in God. I really cried after that asking for his forgiveness.

Then I cried about my hearing swearing problem I begged him saying okay God you can't cure my Aspergers but since I can now tolerate where it just irritating other swears to at least make hearing the f-word irritating or tolerable so I can actually socialize. My tears were poring. I then asked if Jesus will forgive me and be my lord and savior again.

After this I decided to go for it and register for the Prayer group this week's Friday service and the Sunday Easter service I need to attend Church on the day Christ.

Now I am so nervous I can't sleep even prayed for God to make me sleep of course to wake up the next morning.

So please pray for me, for my fears, anxiety and pain stress for strength and hope again for people even myself so I am not harden with hatred anymore.
You are taking s big step! Keep praying!! Don’t let the enemy talk you out of going.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just received an email I will quote it as a spoiler for those who want to read it.
Thanks for your email. We are glad you are considering attending our church. We have a registration setup for Easter (Sunday April 21) because it helps us gauge how many people are coming to our 9am and 11am services… but it is definitely not required to register to attend. Please come as you are; we want you to feel welcome and a vital part of the gathering, especially as you are stepping back into a church environment. As a point of encouragement, our prayer team and other leaders will all be wearing yellow lanyards during the service, and you’re welcome to approach anyone to chat or ask a question.

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just received an email I will quote it as a spoiler for those who want to read it.
Thanks for your email. We are glad you are considering attending our church. We have a registration setup for Easter (Sunday April 21) because it helps us gauge how many people are coming to our 9am and 11am services… but it is definitely not required to register to attend. Please come as you are; we want you to feel welcome and a vital part of the gathering, especially as you are stepping back into a church environment. As a point of encouragement, our prayer team and other leaders will all be wearing yellow lanyards during the service, and you’re welcome to approach anyone to chat or ask a question.
That is great. I hope you go and reach out to those who can talk and pray you.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Okay Prozac helps a lot however is God against taking prescription drugs? I do feel ashamed as many other Christians don't need prescription drugs.

Many do; including me :) Just like many need glasses in order to see clearly. Don't feel badly about that, God bless you.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay I am a nervous wreck. I only got about two hours of sleep. My heart is pounding just thinking about going to Friday night service and Easter Sunday service. I am sweating and I hope and pray l don't get sick.

I also been talking to God all day but it has not helped much I have the fear of the unknown this is nit the stupid fear of unknown worrying that my replacement TV is not damaged this is social anxiety something I have not experienced in over a decade.

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay I am a nervous wreck. I only got about two hours of sleep. My heart is pounding just thinking about going to Friday night service and Easter Sunday service. I am sweating and I hope and pray l don't get sick.

I also been talking to God all day but it has not helped much I have the fear of the unknown this is nit the stupid fear of unknown worrying that my replacement TV is not damaged this is social anxiety something I have not experienced in over a decade.
Could you call the church and find out if you can come in and talk with a Pastor or someone on the prayer team before then? A one on one, relaxed chat might help ease some of it.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay so I called my psychologist and took a nap. Feel better. Also I will be seeing my psychologist tommorow to most likely adjust my medications for anxiety as getting out of my comfort zone is making me anxious.

Upvote 0