Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Study The Sermon on the Mount and spend the rest of your life making it a part of who you are, a reflection of Jesus Christ.
Follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit in implementing Jesus' teachings.

"Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God".

The following is one of Derek Prince's proclamations. He and his wife use to vocalize proclamations before his sermons.

"My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Redeemed, cleansed and sanctified by the blood of Jesus.
My members; the parts of my body are instruments of righteousness yielded to God for His service and for His glory.
The devil has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus.
I overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony and I love not my life unto death.
My body is for the Lord, and the Lord is for my body".

Supporting scriptures: Rom. 15:16, 1Cor. 6:15-20, 2Cor. 6:16, Heb.10:10, 13:12, 1Pet. 1:2,19, Rev.1:5, 12:11, 22:14

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HUNGRY SPIRITUALLY
There is no such thing in a Christian's life. Jesus Christ of Nazareth made sure of that. Blessings.

John 6:35
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. "

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need to eat regularly of His word. I have a complete diet of old and new testaments. Yet God is so awesome I always hunger for more. Not only for myself but of His understanding and wisdom. Even the simple can know how awesome He is. It’s good to be hungry for God, it’s good to want more of Him. Nothing else satisfies but Jesus, the Father and the HS. I encourage you, people to find a good Bible teacher and to endure sound doctrine.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As a Discalced Carmelite Secular, OCDS, my wife and myself have taken
vows of poverty.

That is, "spiritual poverty." God does not ask us to live in destitution, but
to surrender ourselves to Him alone, and not to things unimportant for
life in the spirit.

St. John of the Cross described it best in the Spiritual Canticle;

"Oh! who can heal me?
Give me at once Yourself,
Send me no more
A messenger
Who cannot tell me what I wish."

In other words, as the soul matures spiritually, she seeks only Christ and no longer
do the words of writers, preachers and others feed them. The soul detaches from
everything, even religious things and becomes spiritually poor as she seeks Christ.
The soul seeks a relation with Christ, as Christ is, not as the imagination creates.

Upvote 0