catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don’t recall any other that called Jesus by His name, not presented the Gospil story so plainly.

I liked this address.

Here's that wonderful Gospel story in it's real glory, if after reading this chapter, you continue:

John 1 NIV

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Good for you, hislegacy. People (anti-Trump people especially) like to say that the president isn't a regular churchgoer and isn't an expert on the Bible. BUT it is important and meaningful that he uses his position to recognize, reassert, and promote the religious values of the people. That is a welcome change from the previous president who did everything he could to keep the faith of most Americans out of public view.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am pretty sure that Barack Obama called Jesus Christ his Lord and Saviour.

I was addressing our current President, and have not mentioned any other.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was addressing our current President, and have not mentioned any other.
Didn't you write "I don’t recall any other that called Jesus by His name, not presented the Gospel story so plainly." Barack Obama called Jesus by name.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good for you, hislegacy. People (anti-Trump people especially) like to say that the president isn't a regular churchgoer and isn't an expert on the Bible. BUT it is important and meaningful that he uses his position to recognize, reassert, and promote the religious values of the people. That is a welcome change from the previous president who did everything he could to keep the faith of most Americans out of public view.

It would be so much better for converting the lost if the most prominent voices talking of Christianity were clearly doing What Christ said like "Love your neighbor" and being humble like little children are humble.

I don't think the fairly good example of these from Francis are enough, but we need more of that from prominent voices.

For this lack, the need is severe, that the public voice non converted people hear is doing What Christ said to do.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Didn't you write "I don’t recall any other that called Jesus by His name, not presented the Gospel story so plainly." Barack Obama called Jesus by name.

Here, compare with Baraks: You'll see what I am talking about

He doesn't even say the Name

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes he does. He says it right here.

That is a different video, my friend. I was referring to the Annual Christmas Declaration.

viva la difference!

Merry Christmas to you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Frequency.
That's the best you can do? People like Roy Moore say "Jesus" frequently so they are good men/women but Barack Obama said "Jesus" infrequently so he's bad? That's stupid. Really stupid.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the best you can do? People like Roy Moore say "Jesus" frequently so they are good men/women but Barack Obama said "Jesus" infrequently so he's bad? That's stupid. Really stupid.

Well, there ya go. Democracy in action!

If you will note, I said nothing positive nor negative about any other President than the current one.

If you are looking for a debate - my apologies, you will not find one with me. I'm just expressing something I appreciate about the President.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, there ya go. Democracy in action!

If you will note, I said nothing positive nor negative about any other President than the current one.

If you are looking for a debate - my apologies, you will not find one with me. I'm just expressing something I appreciate about the President.
But you did compare Donald Trump to previous presidents when you wrote "I don’t recall any other that called Jesus by His name". So your claim "If you will note, I said nothing positive nor negative about any other President than the current one." is untrue.

Upvote 0