Why human came not from bears? Why only apes matter?

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear loved ones, the creation.com has long list of "Arguments we think creationists should NOT use" among them "If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes today?" I think, the whole problem with it is a poor wording. The better one is "why only apes have developed human-like abilities (e.g., going to Church, concerts, exhibitions; the use of toilet paper)? Why an (isolated group of an) other specie has not become human-like?"

Arguments we think creationists should NOT use - creation.com

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FWIW, some animals that are not apes do use tools and exhibit more "human like" traits. Some cetaceans use tools, recognize each other, possibly have names, etc. Cephalopods are not far behind in that way either., building and moving homes,

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dear loved ones, the creation.com has long list of "Arguments we think creationists should NOT use" among them "If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes today?" I think, the whole problem with it is a poor wording. The better one is "why only apes have developed human-like abilities (e.g., going to Church, concerts, exhibitions; the use of toilet paper)? Why an (isolated group of an) other specie has not become human-like?"

Well the religious idea (not that I agree or disagree) would be that God chose apes to evolve and forced evolution of apes into humans. That does not mean that bears did not evolve on other planets. The evolution of other animal types is a big ticket item for sci-fi media as it has been considered much.

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well the religious idea (not that I agree or disagree) would be that God chose apes to evolve and forced evolution of apes into humans. That does not mean that bears did not evolve on other planets. The evolution of other animal types is a big ticket item for sci-fi media as it has been considered much.
So, the God is necessary?

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Humanity is being had.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

A reason is that humans as a technological species are incredibly unlikely.

To be like us you need a convergence of different traits that all work together to allow our particular survival method.

You need a creature who is intelligent, cooperative, has hands, opportunity to freely use their hands, has an environment that allows for brain development and material for very simple tools.

All those traits can be advantages, but most of them come with draw backs that mean in a slightly different proportion they are a waste.

Most notably intelligence. A large brain both needs a lot of food and can lead to difficulty with birthing. Bears are bright enough creatures, but with their mighty statue they probably wouldn't benifit much from being a tiny bit smarter.

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bears are bright enough creatures, but with their mighty statue they probably wouldn't benifit much from being a tiny bit smarter.
Can a person pick any creature to come from? Then there will be butterfly-people! How romantic! Much more romantic, when current ape-people.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Can a person pick any creature to come from? Then there will be butterfly-people! How romantic! Much more romantic, when current ape-people.

Human's being descended from the same recent ancestors as apes isn't supported because people like it, it's just where the evidence leads.

Upvote 0