why have Neo Nazis become totally obsessed with killing all the Jews in the world now? because

Status
Not open for further replies.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As the late Richard Rorty pointed out, a just society doesn't have to tolerate the intolerant. People that believe in a world free of Jews, gays, or blacks are not people whose views must be tolerated unchallenged.

So people that believe in a world free from conservatives ought not be tolerated then? Correct?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All racial, religious, and ethnic prejudice is knuckleheaded. Anti-Semitism may be the stupidest and most contemptible of whole sorry lot. Many anti-Semites, I believe, are mentally deranged. For others, their bigotry is grounded in envy. Jews are often very successful and productive people. While the Neo-Nazi types who hate them are often hapless losers and misfits. I think they're more vocal and noticeable now because we are living in a time of intense political divisiveness (the blame for which can be shared by both sides.) Stressful and uncertain times always bring out crackpots.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
All racial, religious, and ethnic prejudice is knuckleheaded. Anti-Semitism may be the stupidest and most contemptible of whole sorry lot. Many anti-Semites, I believe, are mentally deranged. For others, their bigotry is grounded in envy. Jews are often very successful and productive people. While the Neo-Nazi types who hate them are often hapless losers and misfits.

I don't think that's quite the right way to frame the issue. Neo-Nazis's aren't confined just to the backwoods misfits, and Jews being perceived as "successful" is more an artifact of our culture than an absolute reality.

Bigotry like that is not grounded in envy so much as fear of religious and cultural others. That's why Trump validating people angry at undocumented immigrants can spill over into fuelling anti-semitism. It's not surprising that xenophobia and anti-semitism would tend to be associated with each other. Jews historically have been victims of xenophobia.

• Agree
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It depends on how they believe in achieving a world "free from conservatives".

Does the same criterion apply for those that would believe in achieving a world free from Jews, or blacks or homosexuals? Could desiring any of those ends be okay depending upon how one believed in achieving it?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Does the same criterion apply for those that would believe in achieving a world free from Jews, or blacks or homosexuals? Could desiring any of those ends be okay depending upon how one believed in achieving it?

Political affiliations are not intrinsic to the human person in the way that religion, race, or sexual orientation are.

• Agree
Upvote 0

prosperity4all

Jul 30, 2019
new york
✟25,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Something I have always wondered. My thoughts are that it's a mix of jealousy and being afraid of change. With an Ashkenazi Jewish IQ averaging around 115 (a standard deviation above average) they cannot help but do well socioeconomically and achieve more disproportionately compared to other groups. I do wonder how certain anti-Semites think a Jew works psychologically. They're humans just like the rest of us, and if a higher proportion of the are gifted intellectually why wouldn't they use their talents?

Really two fold. The higher IQ you have the more likely you are to question tradition and forge new paths and ways of thinking. This scares the more socially conservative types. Some anti-Semites point to Sigmund Freud and his uncomfortable ideas about human nature and claim he's just expressing inner Jewish thought. Whether he is a quack or not, he had some interesting ideas. They don't come from some Jewish mind, but simply from someone who is highly creative and was able to think outside the box. Jews think differently from one another. If some do band together it's simply due to a natural human reaction of being ostracized. Gad Saad who is Jewish said that maybe some Jews stick together and help each other out exclusively, but that's only a response to the anti-Semitism they have experienced in life. If they did not experience that hostility in life they wouldn't feel such a need.

I'm sorry but anti-Semitism is just creepy, and brings out the worst in human nature in my opinion. Those people should step back from crazy conspiracy theories and look at things through a more rational and humane lens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
The Leftist parties seems to have swung that way in recent years, and not just splinter neo-Nazi groups of whom such a policy might be expected.

Why this is the case may be perplexing, although it may have to do with the fact that the same parties make supporting Islamic minorities in their various countries part of their platform.

The Left is not inordinately anti-Semitic... how could it be when our suppossed hero, Marx, himself was Jewish?

On the other hand, I know who said the tiki-torch carrying brigades chanting an anti-Jewish screed had some "good people" among them. And it wasn't a leftist.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Left is not inordinately anti-Semitic...
Yes, it has become so of late. However, a big part of that probably comes from sympathy for various Jihadist organizations.

how could it be when our suppossed hero, Marx, himself Jewish?
How could the Soviet Union have been so anti-Semitic, then? :doh:

• Winner
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, it has become so of late. However, a big part of that probably comes from sympathy for various Jihadist organizations.

How could the Soviet Union have been so anti-Semitic, then? :doh:

I am not an expert on Soviet history, but I know in its inception, it wasn't. Lenin himself spoke out against anti-Semitism.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So people that believe in a world free from conservatives ought not be tolerated then? Correct?
Frankly, I don't know what you're talking about there, but if it's what you want to believe, I'm probably not going to be able to dissuade you.

• Winner
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

If it involves violent ideology, of course it should not be tolerated. However, I would point out that much of what passes for conservativism in the US is inherently violent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

I have not seen anti-Semitism in the left nor any support for Jihadists. I have noticed the left being highly critical of the State if Israel for its near genocidal treatment of the Palestinian people. This is quite justified and is not anti-Semitic. Note also that the Palestinian people are also Semitic.

• Agree
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If it involves violent ideology, of course it should not be tolerated. However, I would point out that much of what passes for conservativism in the US is inherently violent.

You would point out, but then you did not. Source? I am familiar with numerous conservatives none of which have shown the slightest tendency toward violence. On the other hand, I have seen protesters' signs advocating the demise of all conservatives as well as engaging in multiple acts of violence

I am not an expert on Soviet history, but I know in its inception, it wasn't. Lenin himself spoke out against anti-Semitism.

Lenin was a very skilled hypocritical speaker. Much like Hitler, he was able to tell lie after lie with such conviction that people believed him.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
You would point out, but then you did not. Source? I am familiar with numerous conservatives none of which have shown the slightest tendency toward violence.

"Law and order" political discourse being a prime example of advocating violence to solve perceived social problems. The current president is the perfect example of this. Just because it's the State enacting that violence, doesn't make it any less violent.

And that's not even touching on the inherent violence implied in any kind of white nationalism, which has gained traction on the Right in the past decades.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.