Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope. And she's not, she is a Marine with a face only a blind mother could love.
I hope she does not see this post. She probably knows about six ways to end your life without a firearm.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Morals do matter, but you are not the definer or decider of what is moral.

If you are confused what is appropriate, go to your pastor or a counselor.
Does that mean you are the moral decider?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Tsk, tsk, tsk. I have never, ever heard someone speaking of 'stuffing a child' back in the womb. To me that is an absurd question.

However, abortion does stop a beating heart, a functioning brain, a living child.
You did. Or have you forgotten already? You made an absurd claim. You tried to argue emotionally instead of rationally.

And no, abortion kills a fetus. It is not a child. If one studies the Old Testament it does not support an anti-abortion stance. And one has to rely on a couple of verses that are more poetic than anything to use the Bible to support anti-abortion politics. I cannot say when for sure that a fetus becomes a "human being". And most abortions today are of the same sort as in Number 5, but not nearly so crude. One has to take into consideration of how women were viewed in the Bible to understand its position fully on abortion.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You did. Or have you forgotten already? You made an absurd claim. You tried to argue emotionally instead of rationally.

And no, abortion kills a fetus. It is not a child. If one studies the Old Testament it does not support an anti-abortion stance. And one has to rely on a couple of verses that are more poetic than anything to use the Bible to support anti-abortion politics. I cannot say when for sure that a fetus becomes a "human being". And most abortions today are of the same sort as in Number 5, but not nearly so crude. One has to take into consideration of how women were viewed in the Bible to understand its position fully on abortion.

Absurd? This coming from a poster who started the conversation thinking people stuffed children back into the womb. Laughable.

You will also note I have quoted no scriptures - only you have done that.

Also noted you have not answered my twice posted questions - I wonder why.

Here is where you ask what questions - post 36 and 42

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Absurd? This coming from a poster who started the conversation thinking people stuffed children back into the womb. Laughable.

You will also note I have quoted no scriptures - only you have done that.

Also noted you have not answered my twice posted questions - I wonder why.

Here is where you ask what questions - post 36 and 42
No, you were the one that claimed children were stuffed back in the womb and killed. I could quote you and explain how you claimed that.

As to your questions you did not ask me. You should have:

"Does science not tell us there is a beating heart? If not, how did I hear her heartbeat before she was born?"

A beating heart does not qualify as human. Are you a vegetarian? If not you have eaten things that had beating hearts.

"Does science not tell us there is brain activity? How did we see it then?"

See above.

We really cannot say when a fetus becomes a human. Yes, you may not have referenced the Bible, but the sort of faulty reasoning that leads to a ban on abortions usually arises from that source. I would say that a fetus is a potential human, but does not quite qualify yet. I could not force a woman to carry to term that which she does not want to. Most cases of abortion are before they are fetuses. And late term abortions are usually due to dire medical need. Who gets to judge whether an abortion is justified or not? Not me. And I do not think that you qualify either.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
poached-egg-toast-square.jpg

Look at this DELICIOUS chicken I whipped up for Breakfast..

It was so good! And the best part? No bones!!!!

Words matter.
Use the right ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you want to make up your own definitions then you also take on quite a burden of proof. Are you up to the task?

Nope, hislegacy, it is you who disagrees with science and the law.

Okie dokie.

an aside note:

First I do not want to continue the line because primarily it is off topic and I apologize for allowing it. I still stand by my statement that a party that supports killing a child in the womb, IMHO, has no moral compass to begin with.

Secondly, debating is a two way street, the participants have to stop, listen to their counter part and reply, not just promote their talking point.
If someone would like to open a thread on the subject, I’ll jump in.

now back to the topic of the thread.......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Speedwell, I was talking about regulated abortion, so get over it.
I was responding to hislegacy, not you, and his assertions that abortions in the ninth month were legal and that abortions always stopped a beating heart and killed a living brain. You're not running this discussion, so get over it.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Okie dokie.

an aside note:

First I do not want to continue the line because primarily it is off topic and I apologize for allowing it. I still stand by my statement that a party that supports killing a child in the womb, IMHO, has no moral compass to begin with.

now back to the topic of the thread.......
I think it is on topic in any thread that discusses Democratic prospects in 2020. I don't think Democrats generally understand how strongly people like you believe that abortion always kills a child. Oh, they hear you say it, but it just sounds like propaganda to them and the idea itself seems preposterous so they don't take it seriously. I think it will bite them.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it is on topic in any thread that discusses Democratic prospects in 2020. I don't think Democrats generally understand how strongly people like you believe that abortion always kills a child. Oh, they hear you say it, but it just sounds like propaganda to them and the idea itself seems preposterous so they don't take it seriously. I think it will bite them.

It has, and continues to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Democratic voters can turn to Cuomo, who is every day looking so superior to Trump.

AFAIK Cuomo has zero primary votes but I am intrigued by why you think he would be an attractive a candidate to Democrats. Is it because he is overseeing the worst Covid-19 mess in the country? Or because the citizens of NY pay the most in taxes of any state citizenry ? Or is it having the biggest budget deficit of any state? Perhaps because he decided against investing in ventilators a few years back and preferred working on a plan of how they should be rationed instead? Perhaps you know of some other accomplishments of his that you admire?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It has, and continues to.
During the debates I expected it to come up. The candidates were competing with each other, but they were also, in a sense, hammering out the 2020 platform and I was surprised to hear nothing about abortion, because it certainly an issue the candidate will have to face. Right now they have no articulate position.

This is especially a problem for Biden, a Roman Catholic. He needs to be able to say, "Yes, abortion is a sin for many, even many Democrats. Yes, it is and should continue to be regulated. But here is why we don't think it should be made absolutely illegal for all Americans at this time..." Refusing to acknowledge the issue is not a winning strategy.

• Agree
Reactions: Skewpoint
Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
… Secondly, debating is a two way street, the participants have to stop, listen to their counter part and reply, not just promote their talking point...

This is what I have been telling you: take your own advice: listen and think.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was responding to hislegacy, not you, and his assertions that abortions in the ninth month were legal and that abortions always stopped a beating heart and killed a living brain. You're not running this discussion, so get over it.
:) Tough. Neither are you.

Back to my point: abortion is a scientific and legal term, uncontrolled by religious opinion

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.