Not open for further replies.

gunbak

Holy Spirit Injected
Jan 14, 2004
St. Paul, MN
✟157.00
Faith
Christian
I felt the same way when I was 14-16, I even cut my self and such. The issue was my own depression, not God punishing me.
It is very important that you speak to some trusted person in your life and address your sadness and pray, these are the first steps to overcoming the tests you are facing.
You are Gods child, he loves you beyond our understanding.
I am praying for you.

Upvote 0

luckynugget

Aug 31, 2004
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Hey I have had my share of hard time too. I used to be suicidal and anorexic. I thought no one cared about me and that God had forgotten me. I realized that it wasn't God that has turned his back on me but that I had turned my back on God. I fell to the ground and cried out to God and he lefted me up. Only with a broken heart will the headling start. God lets bad stuff happen to us to help us mature. Like when a parent is teaching his kid to ride a bike. The parent gets the kid going but he has to let go of the bike knowing that the kid will fall and hurt himself, but if the parent didn't let go then the kid would have never learned how to ride the bike on his own and he would have needed his parent to hold on to the bike all the time. Just cry out to God. It even help to talk to other ppl about it. Being a goth isn't really bad. I acaully started going toward being a goth when i was depressed. I know don't dress in my "goth clothes" not because they are bad but because they remind me of a bad time. God is waiting for you.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

forgivenmuch

christ is the answer
Aug 21, 2004
✟8,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God is not laughing at you, no one knows his thoughts..they are much higher than anyones thoughts on this earth..but in the bible we see jesus was always doing good for people. he brought us salvation thru love. sometimes we want to blame everyone and everything even God for things going on in our lifes. but really we need to put blame where blame is due. is ourselfs.. if i choose to think God dont exsist then thats what i choose.. but i dont.. i know there is a God..and the bible tells us..that God is LOVE... so do you actaully think that a loving God would laugh at you? NO he wants you to seek him..get close to him.. no wonder you are in that shape you are in.. you are not leaning on God..but you are moving farther away.. and its your own fault..STOP now ... you do not want to go beyond this point! you can change your life.. i would suggest talking to a youth pastor..or maybe even counsling with someone. there is so many people that will tell you things ..but i will be honest with you and tell you the truth..and if it hurts so be it. you are going to have to stop putting blame on others.. its time to forgive and live.. not doubt and die!! ... God is saying to you.. come to me all you that are heavy burdened and i will give you rest.. if you are burdened down with the troubles of this world and your life..go to God..trust in him... sometimes we have to go to him ..when we are not sure what to do. dont sit there and waste your life away on careless things..do something with it.. help other people that is hurting like you are.. you have a testamony.. of what you are going thru and how God will turn your life around if you are willing.. there is always someone out there in such a worse situtaion than you are... there is a choice you and you alone is going to have to make.. what will it be? are you going to be deiceved at what satan is telling you..or are you going to turn to God... i hope you chose God..because he made you in his image.. and if you are not happy with how you look or act .. them thats your choice.. but if you see that God himself made you and you are like him... then you might can see the bueaty there is in you.. we all have to change and grow up.. and its time that you do.. i hope and pray you grow and turn to God.

Upvote 0

DawnTillery

Matthew 11:28
Aug 10, 2004
Michigan
✟25,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes when your not listening to God, He is there you just arent hearing what you want to hear. He gave you the freewill to do as you wish, although He really wants you with him. Its up to you to make that choice. I dont know if others will agree with me on this, but this is what I "Think" I have seen others that turned to things that were not godly and then they wonder why they dont hear Gods voice anymore? They forgot to remember to listen to him in the first place when they were making those bad choices.

Now I dont now what your situation is or what you consider falling apart, but friends of mine, A Good Christian family, just had their house catch on fire today, It was the wiring she said, not once did she say why is God doing this to me, she accepted the fact that the wiring in her house was not right and it caused that to happen. Luckily her kids were out of the house and she was headed out too, but realized it was on fire or it could of been a lot worse, to her she is thankful to God for those things. She caught it and her kids were outside.

I have family members and friends that dont want to try to realize taht they are responsible for some of their problems, when I tell them to listen for Gods words, they say they dont hear it, apparently they are waiting for words that arent coming because God wants them to take one path and they are on another.

I would suggest to you, sit down and pray and remember your blessings, no matter how small you may think they are. Start there.. Change your life, dont turn away from God, but turn to him with everything you have.
In your hands God can't deal with it, turn it over to him.

Upvote 0

forgivenmuch

christ is the answer
Aug 21, 2004
✟8,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
we cant blame satan..we have to blame ourself... we have choices in life.. and what road we take is our fate. when we dont lean of God in bad situations we will fall to satans will.. we cant serve two masters..we will love one and hate the other... if you choose not to follow God then you are following satan. i would hope you know ..that jesus died ..he shed his blood so that you could be saved. i would pray that anyone that is out there that is not saved.. you would turn to God.. choose life.. not death.. jesus is full of love and grace.. no matter what you are going thru..he can comfort you. he knows what you are going thru and he will carry you in your time of trouble.. God bless you all

Upvote 0

begoten son lover_1

Sep 3, 2004
✟7,671.00
Faith
Christian
~theoutcast~ said:
they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends,... I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer.why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold?
one of the fruit of the spirit is long suffering so if you just wait it out :sigh: itll all be okay but if you decide to sart hating:mad: God than your going against one of the great gifts he gave us. now if you know about the fruit of the spirit than you also know that you cant just pick and choose them you eather git all or none. to tell you the truth if i could leave out some i would and that would be one

you also sound like you dont want to change so please take my advice and just sit and wait.:sleep: It may be boring and every thing waiting but you have to wait for every thing. it really sounds like you need to read about when Jesus was on the cross. and also when God saved the Isrealites from Egipt
when they cryed to him he helped did he not?:help:

the thing about your wieght im sure you could if you got it in you mind lose some wieght (or just go to pluto haha)but all joking aside i trully think you arnt thinking that you can lose those extra pounds.

GODS NOT LAUGHING TRUST ME!!!!!!! ok?

in him
begoten son lover_1

Upvote 0

Buzz Dixon

Aug 25, 2004
Los Angeles
✟1,184.00
Faith
Christian
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore. my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx
You are suffering from being a teenager. I know this is scant comfort right now at this precise moment in your life, but...it will pass. You may feel this is a permanent situation but it isn't. Lots of people go through these feelings in their teen years; the feelings are intense but they are not permanent. This is not a dismissal of those pains and feelings -- they are very real right now, but they will not last forever.

Nothing wrong with the goth scene as long as you are not rejecting God and embracing evil. There are a lot of Christian goths.

It's hard to feel God working in your life and answering your prayers when your're hurting RIGHT NOW! But He is there and He is listening and the work He needs to do for you is best done gradually.

But it's worth it. It's really, really worth it.

Upvote 0

frogprincesstu

Jul 3, 2004
southern california
✟309.00
Faith
Christian
Pray to God and he will help you.....everybodys heard that line over and over again but really what does it mean? It means that God will help you not matter how horrible your life is or how many years it takes. God will help you in HIS OWN TIME....which is what many of us forget or reject. Take Job for example....even though things went horribly wrong in his life he believed that God would bring him through all this and he prayed earnestly....and surely thats what God did. Even though we humans want an anwser to out prayers right away....thats not always how things go ( thats just life ).

Upvote 0

Prince Lucianus

Old Goth
Jul 29, 2004
Amsterdam
✟16,843.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You can not become a goth. You either are one or are not.
And as Buzz Dixon stated, there are many Christian goths so don't worry about that either.
But again, if you're afraid of becoming one, then you're covered because that's not possible. You can become depressed and wear black, but that does not equal becoming a goth.

I do wish you the best in your difficult period though. My best advice for now would be to start some sport you'd like. Fencing or something. It might help you make friends, it's good for your body and sports is good against stress.

Lucy

Upvote 0

Karl - Liberal Backslider

Senior Veteran
Jul 16, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟20,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I remember being a Goth. Isn't it compulsory for a period not less than six months between the ages of 14 and 22? ;)

I've been where you are - sometimes I've not really moved, it seems. Everyone else seems to be really enthusiastic and filled with the love of God, but you're getting absolutely sod all - isn't that it?

Well, first of all, a lot of people's outward expression is a representation of what they'd really like to feel, not what they do feel. Thee and me, on t'other hand, are honest expressers. We express, and feel at the surface, what we really feel deep down. And often it's not pretty.

Lots of people here want to try to blame you, it seems. It's a bit like someone getting dealt a Bridge hand with no picture cards being castigated for going "no bid". Or at least, that's how it seems.

God hasn't screwed up your life. But that doesn't mean that the reality you currently see isn't currently real for you. The problem is that people like to think that if you could only "do it right" - it'll all be hunky-dory. This simply isn't true.

It'd be nice if we had a "fix-it" God who will do the things we think He should do, but that is simply a God created in our own image. He doesn't work like that. Generally, He works slowly and undramatically. We only become what He wants us to become through the slow and often painful processes such as you're experiencing. He certainly doesn't sit laughing at you, any more than a surgeon removing a fish-hook by pushing it through your finger.

There are a number of things you can consider; don't try to do all of them:

1) Freewheel for a bit. Don't sweat the heavy "God" stuff for a while. Find yourself, then reintroduce the found self to God. It's totally **** against face, really, because we only really find ourselves in God, (theoretically), but God will sort it out in the end. Messy KLB practical theology for you.

2) Retreat. Some people find a period completely out of their normal lives useful - time to concentrate on finding God. But perhaps you're too ****ed off with Him at the moment to do that?

3) Prioritise - what matters most at the moment? Losing weight? Is it really a problem or is just the last few pounds to become a bikini model? Depression? Is this generalised or just because of the other issues? And have you seen a doctor about it*?

Thing is, I know you really care about this, and part of you doesn't believe that God's cold and aloof, or you wouldn't be asking, you'd be off. Somehow, you can't let Him go, not for good and ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freeheart

Sep 8, 2004
Alabama
✟120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear Outcast,
Lord, I ask in Jesus Name that you protect Outcast from this attack from the enemy. I ask for peace in all the areas of her life that are in such a mess. Lord, please give her direction and especially Christian friends who will love her and help her and encourage her to fight in the faith during this hard time. Reasure her that you LOVE her and have not left. Lord, take away the spirit of depression off her and clear her mind. Thank you, Father, for taking care of Outcast and changing her name to BELOVED.

Upvote 0

Daina02

Sep 16, 2004
Georgia
✟132.00
Faith
Christian
In our lives there are good and bad times. God has a plan for our life, and we don't always understand or see where things are going to go. Gods says to walk by faith and not by sight. The experiences we have may have a special purpose down the road in our life. I can testify that He works in mysterious ways. God only wants you to love and trust in Him, do not foresake God because He will not foresake you. Talk to God and tell Him everything you are feeling, He will hear you. I can understand where you are coming from because I had some of the same feeings when I was younger. Have faith and with God there is nothing you can not overcome.There is nothing wrong with the Gothic look, God cares about what is inside your heart than the outside. I think some people streotype the Gothic look. My prayers are with you, God bless you:)

Upvote 0

Lioness816

Sep 16, 2004
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Also God will never put us up against stuuf that we can't handle with his help. [/QUOTE said:
I don't believe God puts all "bad" situations before us. But, I do believe He will use the bad situations for a better purpose. I use to pray for what "I" wanted. I would get angry and frustrated if I didn't get it. (be it weight loss, better health, more friends...) Sometimes, I would get EXACTLY what I asked for just to find it wasn't good for me. I stopped praying for my wants and started praying for what He (God) wants for me. I also pray for Him to use the "bad" things in my life for good. To use me as a tool, work through me. I still get angry, sad and depressed, but the way I think about it makes me feel better (sometimes a lot, sometimes a little). I also think about is Jesus and the suffering he went through, but he stayed his course. My mother has unbelievable "bad luck" yet she keeps going and her faith is always with her, sometimes a little stronger than others, but it is there. Maybe that is how he is using her "bad" as a "good". I know in my heart, when I think about my life and the terrible things that are behind me and the days that are still tough, if getting through it has been help to at least one other person, than it is all worth it. IT DOESN'T MEAN IT ISN'T STILL HARD, IT IS, BUT IT IS A LITTLE EASIER. I also know, I can get through this life and try to see all the beauty that is in it and in me and when it is my time to go, I will have ETERNITY of happiness.
You will have friends, maybe a few, maybe more... I was always told if you have one "best friend" you are doing great! :) And, I do...

Upvote 0

dojuice

Sep 15, 2004
✟15,169.00
Faith
Christian
I didn't read through everyone's posts, so this might be redundant, but here are some verses that talk about hard times.

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" -Romans 8:18

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him" Romans 8:28 (This means that even when you are going through hard times, God will use those hard times to make you stronger or to teach you a lesson or to show you his love when you are sad. no matter what, he uses suffering for good, just let him)

"Therefore we do not lose haert. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is trmporary, but what is unseen is eternal" -2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"[The Lord] said to me, 'Mygrace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more galdly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" -2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Another thing to remember is the story of Job. Job had everything. He had a beautiful house, wonderful family, great friends, and he was completely faithful to God. But he lost everything he had in one day. He hated his life and could not understand why God would do this to him. But once he began to trust God even in his hardship, God blessed him beyond what he had had in the first part of his life. I really encourage you to read the book of Job in the Bible, because you will be able to relate to how Job felt, and you will also see what God said to Job. Just remember that God never lets bad things happen just for the sake of them happening. He lets them happen for a purpose, that good might come from them . Just trust in the Lord. He loves you more that you can comprehend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IloveyoumyLORD

Sep 23, 2004
Johannesburg
✟165.00
Faith
Christian
Again, only my view, from my experience!! Like a parent will not give a child all he wants because it could be harmfull to the child, so God will not just grant our every wish!! He is not a vending machine where you can put money in and out comes whatever you want!! God knows what is good for us and what not... yes, we do throw tantrums, like kids, for not always getting what we want..but being God, He still loves us unconditionally... it says in the Bible that is is impossible for God to do anything wrong! Ask King David about being at war with God.... and he was "a man of God..." After my wars with God I felt really guilty and embarrassed.... but you know what, every time He was waiting for me with outstreched arms and a warm and kind smile... no questions asked.... just forgiveness!!! I still war sometimes.....
The other thing I have learned is that, down in the dregs of earth..... there where the manure is...... that is where one must be to ensure growth! We need the manure to grow and to have new sprouts!!!
Never forget... God is also a gardener.... and He uses our choices as shovels, picks, pruning shears... etc... (He sometimes even uses satan to weed His rose garden...)If we make a wrong choice He can take it away in a flash... BUT He sometimes sits on his hands and watches how our "choice" prunes us... and that hurts you know.... cutting away the dead wood, ripping off the fruitless branches, getting rid of all everything which keeps us from maturing spitritually.... This is the proccess of growth my dear... Nobody said when you are a Christian you will have an easy life with everything your heart desires!!!!
TRUTH: When you accept Christ as your saviour you will receive the GIFT of Forgiveness, Redemption and Salvation FREE OF CHARGE!!!!! Now go an try to live your life JUST LIKE JESUS!!! Take small steps and take it day by day and one day you will stand amazed of what you have achieved with the guidance and assistance of JESUS!

Warmhuggles

Marti

Reactions: altya
Upvote 0

All4THALORD

Sep 10, 2004
Kentucky
✟14,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God lets us go through trials and tribulations in our lives. He does this to test us. To see if we're going to be obedient. He shows Himself strong if we're obedient. And even if we aren't obedient, He shows Himself strong anyways. But an awesome thing i just heard on the radio is this. The devil has no power whatsoever. He has to ask God to do anything. So whenever God let's us go through these trials, He is just wanting us to come back to Him. God Bless
With Love
All4THALORD

Upvote 0

LilRitt04

.::I will always love you::.
Sep 30, 2004
In the USA
✟15,482.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
Do not blame your problems on God. He didnt cause you to mess up. He is there for you. When my grandmother died I blamed God for it, and I was depressed and I struggled through everything, but I learned you have to TRUST God. Always remember the price he paid for you.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2004
Kansas City area
✟23,771.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
CaDan said:
After a quick Bible search (I love having a Bible on my laptop!), it looks like God only laughs at people who think they can hurt Her or bring Her down. I don't think that is you.
After reading this I looked in your profile, and all I can say is;

I have a Scott LK-48, and a Sansui 5000X. :p

Upvote 0

CHESS

Sep 27, 2004
✟169.00
Faith
Christian
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore. my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx
The laughter you hear is coming from Satan not God,he has you right were he wants you.Turn from God and that laughter will become hysterical because he will have deceived you and taken your soul to boot.

Here is my advice,

1 Pray and read chapter in the Bible daily.

2 if you want to make friends be friendly,as lonely as you may be there are others worse off.If you know someone like that try to be their friend.

3 Losing weight is hard work,I know I went from a tight 40 waist to a loose 34.It is very hard and takes discipline but it can be done,are you willing to do the work.

4 Get out and start doing things for others,do at least one good thing to help someone else every day.Helping others is the best way to help ourselves.

Your life is at a crossroads,we have free will.you can either choose to live for God and work to make your life
better or expect that laughter to get ever louder.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.